It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

real or fake??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
got this off of dslreports.com which is a very respected web site. I've read it and not sure what to think about the story. anyways,
www.dslreports.com...

check it out and tell me what you guys think.

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
i myself have never really put much faith in annonymous reports. however the idea that if one tile came off, the one directly behind it would be in danger of being ripped off at high speeds, crossed my mind more than once. so whether this guy really worked on it or he's just a guy like me who came up with a viable reason for the disaster can not be determined until the author is known. again though sounds like a reasonable theory. as for him saying that the overhaul was not enough, i've heard that the only thing that wasn't replaced in the 90 million dollar overhaul was the frame(correct me if i'm wrong). so basically with the exception of the framework it was a new shuttle. I'm not really into shuttle maintenance but like a car if the frame is not solid it's a lost cause(i would imagine) and i can't think of a reason they don't strip down the shuttle after each mission and check the frames integrity. the stresses put on that frame after each mission has to be enormous and should be checked.

i wish this guy would of left his name so his facts could be verified. i fear however that it's just some average joe who read up on the parts and numbers and inserted them into his theory.

join