It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama losing support among nervous Democrats

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

To me it is like that movie Wag the Dog...only in this case they are actors putting on a fake presidency as opposed to creating a fake war.

"I am your stern and capable leader, follow me one and all. I know what is best for the greater good......oh s*** what happened to the teleprompter!?"

*dead air*

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Well folks, it appears the storm clouds are rolling in on the Obamanites. No more rainbows, little leprechauns, pots of gold, rivers of milk and honey, and many other fantasies contrived by President Obama and his handlers during the campaign. What we are experiencing is a consolidation of power to the Executive Branch, and if I were congressman or senator, I would be alarmed at what is going on. However, it may be too late for them to stop Obama and his steam roller.

Make no mistake, the man is out to nationalize everything and destroy every tradition and value America has ever had. His tenacity to accomplish that end is frightening! He is making moves faster than the legislatures can keep up with. If his course continues, we could see Autocracy in the United States.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

fast indeed

One thing strikes me, and make no mistake im no huge fan of bush either.

But i remember a lot of this "Bush is just fear mongering to get done what he wants done"

seems to me that since this man became POTUS , hes done nothing but push the "fear" agenda to get his objectives met.

"quick get this done before its too late to save the united states, if we dont do this NOW we are lost"

Every bill hes pushed through or TRYING to push through has been done in this maner, so much for it being a Bush thing.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Ok the point is anyone whom voted for that POS should be ashamed. These sheep never even researched the problems in this country. How on earth could You even believe his promises if You knew our national debt was 60+ trillion and climbing. How on earth can You insist on more wasteful government programs when Social Security and Medicaid when they are both slated to go bust in 2016. I swear You people must be the stupidest or most gullible people on earth. If You even did any research into Ron Paul You would have seen a honest man that actually had answers instead of Obama or Mc'Cain whom said they will create some magical government program to fix everything. Another point I see many of You have been around for years so why on earth do You not know about such topics as the FED, Dollar is paper not backed by gold, The FED causes inflations and deflations, the dollar is the reserve currency of the world, The dollar is used for all oil transactions, Iraq, Iran, & Venezuela dropped the dollar which is the real reason for the wars..... I mean seriously I can go on and on about the problems we have and 100% of it can be attributed to government policies that favor the rich and corporations.......

I'll end my rant but I just wanted to say " Thank You for taking part in the destruction of this great nation by voting for a pretty face instead of the man that should have had the job."

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
What people need to realize is that Obama is doing exactly what he said he would do. People didn't hear it because many people were blinded by hatred for Bush.

Bush was a horrible President but Obama is worse.

If people would have listened to Obama and looked into what he wants to do to this country, they would have never voted for him.

Obama is out to destroy the private sector of the economy, redistribute wealth while wasting and spending trillions of dollars.

Obama said in a 2001 interview that the Constitution was flawed because it didn't talk about redistribution of wealth and it restrained Government.

When you try to redistribute wealth, you destroy the economy.

This is because you tax the wealth creators to death and they don't risk capital to invest in a small business or the next You Tube or Google. They move their money overseas or they look for ways to keep it away from the hands of the Behemoth (Government). When they invest in a start up or growth company that makes billions then people are employed, tax revinue comes in, the economy grows, you get donations to charities and non-profits and more.

Obama is so full of himself that he thinks his liberal ideology should replace the Constitution. We can't pay for this big Government in a global economy with cheap labor.

A free country means that people are gonna fail. It means people are gonna have a tough time. Some of the biggest success has come after failure.

The far left agenda is anti-freedom. I remember in a debate a liberal said to me, why do Americans need another TV or another video game? What liberals don't understand is if I want to buy 20 TV's and a thousand video games with my money, it's my right to do so in a free country.

This is why the far left loves the Global Warming issue. They can use it to control your behaviour in the name of saving the planet.

Obama's whole agenda is about controlling behaviour through Government.

He's running car companies, controlling advertising budgets for private companies, he wants to control the car you drive, he wants to control the health care system, he's appointed over 33 Czars and more.

The Founders wanted to restrain Government because they didn't want one man or the Government telling people how to live their lives. They wanted Government to protect the God Given liberty of the individual so the individual can make these decisisions for him or her self. Obama sees this as a fundamental flaw.

Here's the video:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The far left agenda is anti-freedom. I remember in a debate a liberal said to me, why do Americans need another TV or another video game? What liberals don't understand is if I want to buy 20 TV's and a thousand video games with my money, it's my right to do so in a free country.

It's this type of attitude that makes you guys so hated around the world

You are greedy and chug away at the worlds resources without a care in the world for anyone else but yourselves

I even saw someone here say the other day (an American) that they just don't care about any other country- can't remember their name but I admired their honesty.

And I can't believe peeps would rather have Bush back- you have got to be joking the guy couldn't string a sentence together

No matter what, some peeps will never be happy

Obama hasn't even got the seat warm yet and you are on about unfullfilled promises, give the guy a break.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

It's called freedom and liberty. I know some people around the world can't stand the concept of freedom and liberty.

Americans don't eat up resources. We give plenty of aid to countries around the globe.

It's not America, it's these two-bit dictators.

We sent 55 Billion to Arafat and the people in Palestine live like it's 2,000 B.C. while Arafat's wife was taking shopping trips in France.

Billions of dollars goes to aid in Africa but thugs like Mugabe spread the wealth among the people who protect him and the people starve.

The only way someone in Palestine saw anyof that money is if he/she volunteered to be a suicide bomber while Fortune ranked Arafat richer than Jeff Bezos of Amazon.com.

So you can take all of that greedy America crap somewhere else. What liberals should do is stop hating this country and they should start demanding these two-bit dictators stop spending billions that are supposed to go to aid their people.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by Matrix Rising]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I agree with you. Completely. I would have probably had voted for him if I did. But I began to get too disgusted, and now I am utterly disgusted. The government is exponentially losing legitimacy.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I voted Third Party personally.. but I really did hope he would .. at the very least.. end the war and bring troops home as well..

So far the only thing he has done is propose raising taxes (twice, two different bills........ in the same @#$~ month.....) and give billions upon billions of our Dollars away to God knows who.

For some reason I pictured him offering more funding to schools before taxing the hell out of us to give insurance to the poor..

I live in a fairy tale world though..

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Dunno?, but seems to me. Then Senator Obama on the Presidential Campaign trail walked the health care issue in realism. But then the US economy collapsed and so now it's a wee-bit tuffer sell to his dems.

I can say, here in Canada, it's a wonderful thing to walk into any Hospital or an appointment w/a medical doctor get analyzed and in most cases fixed, without a Bill for the services.

Decoy

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
This just proves what I've been saying all along. Obama was elected out of hate for the Bush administration. You guys took all your anger out on Bush and made him the whipping boy for this country's problems and bought all the Democrat's lies hook, line and sinker.

If you voted for Obama because he wasn't a Republican then I am seriously enjoying your disappointment in your vote right now. No, not enjoying - I am loving and reveling in it. The only down side is Obama is going to wreck this country like Bush never would have and no one but our enemies will have the last laugh.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Sorry hit the stupid ENTER button twice.

Anyway back on topic...
I like how you put your comment.
I have heard a lot of comments on the possible reason why Obama got voted in. Some may have really liked his policies and hey then I for one will not say anything about the fact you voted for him, but there has to be other reasons why people voted for him. I have heard the race factor and think that it may have played a part in it but I agree with you that a majority of people were so fed up with Bush and bought into Obama's propaganda hook, line, and sinker.

There is one thing no one can really dispute... Obama is the slickest person when in front of the camera. He is one heck of a salesman!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Why are people so quick to believe every single conspiracy they read about Obama?

He has been disappointing but I'm more disappointed at the lack of logic on here whenever the discussion turns to Obama.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I believe the idea of Universal Health Coverage for all Americans could be a good thing. Coming from experience I believe this will cause two things, degrade the quality of service and hurt our economic situation even further.

I've had all types of insurance, I've had a PPO, an HMO and yes Medical (I was in a car accident and temporarily disabled). Out of all the insurance I've had in the current system I received by far the best treatment when I had a PPO insurance. The doctors would spend all the time needed and then some in the room and I got the very best care. When you compare this to the attention and treatment of a HMO and Medical the difference is night and day.

HMOs and medical discourages doctors to spend any more than they are legally required with there patient. Also there is a minimum of what the insurance will pay. So often times and this occurred every time I had an HMO and medical, the doctor would race through the procedure, the visit as quickly as they could. My theory is because they knew they would make X amount of dollars per patient with a certain type of insurance.

While I'm not expert on insurance I can make an educated guess that doctors, hospitals, medical clinics love PPOs because they can charge based on the time they spend and the services they provide. It seems that HMOs and Medical they can only charge a minimum.

So if this National Health Coverage or whatever you want to call it is just an expansion of Medical, the quality of care will be pour, if not worse.

What we need is to throw out the old system so we do not have an unequal level of care. When a person's health is made into a business, a person with the best insurance will get the best care, plane and simple. If a person who for whatever reason didn't have insurance but had a lot of money, you'd find the same out come.

The medical establishment is about one thing, money, much like the insurance industry.

A perfect system would be equal insurance with a high level of care. It seems that we'll lower the level of care at the expense that everyone will have health coverage while spending more money that we don't have.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by oconnection]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Keep in mind here for a second.

America as a nation unites behind their leader when faced with great disaster.

Look at GW Bushes approval rating after 9/11.

I am not going to say what I think will happen because lets just say you cannot talk about people like that and personally I dont want to say anything that might be percieved as a threat to anyone or anything.

Now thats out of the way, think a little as to what would get everyone behind this president.

I think its great that many are starting to see a liar behind the silver tongue here but when the disaster strikes most are going to be blinded by it. If nothing happens then I think that will be great but a short trip through history will tell a different story never mind anything else.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Now thats out of the way, think a little as to what would get everyone behind this president.
reply to post by XXXN3O

I think that you are refering to some sort of catastophre; I would hope that Pres. Obama would show more concern about the plight of the citizens and not the mega Corps with taxpayer bailouts.

Ultimately bailouts could help in the long run but they seem a risky gamble at present.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join