It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever wished to return to a dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Last night i had an amazing lucid dream, although i do believe typing it will not give it any justice to the impact it had on me.

The first part of my dream i was with one of my friends and we seemed to be in a strange industrial town. Everything was very surreal, with pipes coming out of the floor, rusted doors and things like that.... although it wasn't threatening it felt a little 'run down' and i kept wondering why i was there. For some reasons i kept thinking i was on holiday, although why i'd chosen to go there was beyond me.

Even in my dream i was asking questions and wondering about things.

Anyway, I decided to walk away from my friend and explore an old tunnel, which in my dream i somehow knew it was an old train station and after passing through a grey, concrete area i arrived on a platform and saw lots of other people standing around waiting for a train.

It soon arrived and it took me to another station which was underground, and after departing i alighted and took a stairwell to yet another tunnel (again grey concrete) which suddenly ended into a kind of forest.

I didn't really notice how beautiful everything was, as i believe i was still trying to figure out why this tunnel ended here at a forest. But after a moment or so, i decided to take a look around and the scenery just..... it was amazing and so detailed.

I'll try and describe it:

To the left of me was a crescent lake, a kind of rusted colour in the water but not ugly, actually beautiful and glistening in the daylight. Beyond the lake was a huge forested mountain that stretched up as far as the eye could see, i could see the tree's blowing in the breeze and a thin mist rolled down between the trees.

It was breath taking, i remember being in absolute awe, open mouthed and stunned by the sight i saw. No words can really describe it....

Around me, i was surrounded by more trees, very thich and vibrant and alive. But i noticed how artificial the tunnel was that i'd just left and for some reason i knew i had to travel back down there to find my friend, just to show him this place i'd found....

And when i re-entered the tunnel.... I awoke.

Nothing unusual beyond the fact it was a lucid dream, but part of me wishes to return there.... and i'm saddened by the fact that this place does not exist beyond my imagination.

I think i needed to write this down, just in case i ever forget it.

--

If anybody would like to attempt a translation of what this can mean, then be my guest.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Oh I know exactly what you mean! I had the most amazing dream last night, I've been thinking about it all day and I'd just love to return to that one...

Anyway, I'll have a go at interpretting your dream but I can't say it'll be very accurate, it's just how it sounds to me.

The fact you felt like you'd chosen to go to this run down city but couldn't understand why suggests that maybe you're not as happy with you life as you could be. Maybe you blame youself because of a choice you've made and looking back don't get why you chose to do that because you've ended up somewhere you don't like.
However, the fact you were able to control the dream and go through a tunnel to this amazing place suggests that you feel you have the ability to change your life. You can make it better and although you might question things along the way (whilst traveling through your tunnel) things will turn out better in the end.

What I would say is that the ending has 2 possible meaning, the first is to take it as a warning, don't let friends drag you back into a life you hate.
The second meaning I could take from it is somehting different - although your life may seem to get better will you be lonely? If you have good friends then I'm sure you would always be willing to share something good with them and will always put them before something materialistic and beautiful. You're not afraid to loose something as long as you keep your friendship - a sign of a wonderful friend!

I really hope this helped. I'm not going to say it's completely accurate, it's just how I see things and obviously I'd have to know more about you to get a more accurate interpretation but on the limited information I have I hope this is useful!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Rachel1111111

That was a realy good interpretation if I may say so, You really do see the deeper meaning of things and I couldnt agree with you more!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
That is a lovely dream. I hope I can ask you a few questions.

You mentioned that you were lucid during this dream. Is lucid dreaming a regular thing for you, or was that another thing unusual about this dream?

You don't mention any attempt to control the unfolding of the dream. Did I get that right, that you did not attempt control?

Finally, do you try to control other lucid dreams that you have? Some lucid dreamers do seek control, others don't, so which are you?

Thank you.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by eight bits]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
First of all: Thankyou for the replies. A very nice interpretation Rachel that contains some elements of truth now that i think about it. Thank you

--

Eight bits:

You mentioned that you were lucid during this dream. Is lucid dreaming a regular thing for you, or was that another thing unusual about this dream?

Well it was a while ago now, but it still remember it after reading through it again. Lucid dreaming is an occasional thing for me. Say maybe 1 out of 10 dreams i seem to have some element of control over.

You don't mention any attempt to control the unfolding of the dream. Did I get that right, that you did not attempt control?

Quite right. When i say lucid i didn't try and control much, although i do remember being 'conscious' of my situation and wondering about my friend and being absolutely awe struck at the forest / mountain and lake.

So i didn't really control the actual dream but i was 'awake' and had full control over my thoughts in the dream if that makes sense. I didn't try and change the reality or fabric of my dream, but i was aware.

Finally, do you try to control other lucid dreams that you have? Some lucid dreamers do seek control, others don't, so which are you?

Hmm, i guess most of my lucid dreams i've been too swept away by the beauty of the dream to ever fully control anything, although i'm usually conscious of events (so they're not like normal confusing dreams). I DID have one dream a few years ago in which i was travelling down a mountain and i noticed all the colours were very bright and i thought to myself 'oh wow i must be dreaming' and decided to try and fly. It worked.
That is my only memory of controlling a lucid dream.

May i ask what you are thinking with these questions

Thankyou

Mr L

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

May i ask what you are thinking with these questions

There is a dream theme that is peculiar to"controlling" lucid dreamers. That doesn't seem to fit you, though. Chalk it up to me checking something that didn't pan out.

If I can ask you one more question, do you have any sense that your dream was "cut off" or "ended early," that maybe you woke up before it had completely played out?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by eight bits

It definately felt like it finished early, because i woke up with a sense of loss, a sense of wishing to return to this amazing place.

I felt sad for a few hours afterwards. Knowing that i'd never see this place again.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
You might consider an "active imagination" (searchable) exercise.

A common dream theme, something lots of people dream, is an encounter between the waking, conscious personality and the rest of the self. The setting of these encounters is typically a "multiply removed" place. That is, the dream character Self does some moving around, and passes through one or more different places along the way.

To reach your forest, you certainly did your share of traveling!

I think that had you stayed a little longer, then maybe you might have met somebody there, maybe several somebodies, before you left the forest. At least that's what happens in a lot of other people's dreams that are like yours in the sense of elaborately going to some multiply removed place.

So, you want to go back anyway. If it has been a while, and the dream hasn't recurred by itself, then "active imagination" might be a way to get back there, at least in some sense. And who knows? Maybe there really is more to the dream...

Hope that helps. It really is a lovely dream. I sure do understand why you would want to get back there.

new topics

top topics

join