It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capturing the Light, The Story Of Dorothy Izatt (2007)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

I mentioned the polls because it is in the first few seconds of the movie. I do not have a closd mind that is why I am watching it. So far there is nothing that says alien abduction is real. So I read or watch these things in hopes that maybe something new will come and will either show that abductions are real or will show what causes these people to have mental breakdown and to believe they are being taken aboard an alien spacecraft.
So far there is nothing of substance to support the alien abduction theory but there is plenty to support mental illness of some type, either temporary or full blown. I am willing to accept what has more proof behind it...so far mental issues is winning. Think about it all you got for alien abduction is the peoples word and nothing more no physical evidence...nothing. You can continue to believe blindly...I myself can question and watch these videos in hopes of finally getting a final answer...something you believers think you have but have nothing to back it. I myself don't have an answer. Just a possible one.the mental health...the evidencee is pointing that way..but in is not definitive.

No one except you has said or hinted at this being an abduction story. It's a good case of UFOs caught on camera. You're only option to avoid looking foolish is to plead that English is not your first language and you thought 'captuing' in the video title meant abducting. You better be quick, otherwise no one'll believe you.

PS The reason for the lack of images in the video has to be about money. I expect we'll see more as her family sells them off.

PPS WTF have have polls got to do with abductions or UFO footage?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
wow great video, her and her family's testimony feels very authentic.

her 8mm footage was pretty amazing, however i would like to see her film it with one of the HD handy cam's they have now, a lot of the new HD camera's even have a mode where you can video tape at 200FPS for upwards of thirty seconds, i wonder what the difference would be seeing 200 frames in a second instead of 18 per second.

[edit on 7/18/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sharps

No one except you has said or hinted at this being an abduction story.

There has never been a case study like this! Dorothy Izatt’s phenomenon surpasses the most notorious alien abduction cases aka contactees. Unlike Whitley Strieber (Communion), Travis Walton (Fire in the Sky), and the Betty and Barney Hill case... Dorothy has FILMED her experiences. Thirty years in the making and armed with over 30,000 feet of film, Dorothy is now ready to share her story of contact with the world.
as stated by the OP..he is comparing it to that.

[-You're only option to avoid looking foolish is to plead that English is not your first language and you thought 'captuing' in the video title meant abducting. You better be quick, otherwise no one'll believe you.

I will give you the same excuese.

PPS WTF have have polls got to do with abductions or UFO footage?

As I have stated before I mentioned the polls because it was in the first few seconds of the video.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
amazing!

2nd line

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Yeah, got to love dorothy izatt...I was watching a documentary about her and while they were filming, they had her daughters, sons and grandchildren over eating a feast, and while they were there filming, the light showed up in the background....immediately, her one son rushed out the door, into his car and drove up the mountain at top speed (because he was a an "unbeliever"), but he could not find any source for the lights....the question is....what is it about this widow of a vietman war army veteran, that lets her get contact like this, she said that they also telepathically communicate to her....what her soul in the body of a special entity in a past life?????

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
awesome video!!!skeptics are like spoiled little children who through their nieve arrogance and selfishness always end up ruining everyone elses good time!!

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by theprofessionalnyc
Yeah, got to love dorothy izatt...I was watching a documentary about her and while they were filming, they had her daughters, sons and grandchildren over eating a feast, and while they were there filming, the light showed up in the background....immediately, her one son rushed out the door, into his car and drove up the mountain at top speed (because he was a an "unbeliever"),

I just finished the video and did this not happen the way you said. The daughter had did an interview and a light was also filmed and was only noticed after editing. The filmers then took the footage back and allowed the family to see what they had seen. The son then went to checkto see if there was anythign that could account for the lights.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by theprofessionalnyc

A perfect example of how the believers twist an actual event into something else. 2nd line.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by kerazeesicko]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ThInGS Ar3 NoT WHaT Th3y

This topic has been discussed before (2007)
neat story though

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

"A perfect example of how the believers twist an actual event into something else. 2nd line."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, that is human nature regardless of "belief" in extraterrestrials (I don't understand what you mean when you degrade people calling them that term. Believers in what? Extraterrestrials? Sign me up.).

Unlike yourself, the person you are quoting did not just watch this video. The person is relaying, from memory, a documentary that he/she watched in the past. Maybe it isn't the same one? If it IS the same one, it is perfectly natural to twist details of a story a bit.
This is why eyewitness testimony isn't too reliable.

However, this account has brilliant video evidence of an unexplained event... which is what is in question here.

Why are you so combative and insulting?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Awesome video. As believable as the eyewitness testimony seems, in the interest of good science we must discount it. The only thing that should be debatable is the actual film, which, imo, is superb evidence of visitation by something. Not all of it, mind you, but most of it.

As an aside, I believe that there is nothing contradictory about being both a skeptic and a believer at the same time. Everyone should have a decent amount of skepticism.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
That was amazing thank you so much for that

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
nice vid i dont understand why some aka kerazeesicko are trying to discredit it with alien abduction when this video had nothing to do with abduction. whether it was a fake vid or not it a had really good and uplifting message towards it. believe what you want but keep an OPEN mind something most people don't do.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
i watched this story on unsolved mysteries. although, i'm not quite sure myself what she is filming, i'm convinced it's authentic footage. almost looks as though something is riding beams/flashes of light that it's creating. i wonder if the light is a requirement for these things(?) to function/move.

cheers,
AA

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Okay, so I started looking at this documentary now, I'm maybe 5 minutes into it where they started showing some frames from the film.

And I am already amazed by the stupidity of anyone who think that this is anything extraordinary. To explain simply:

She is filming a object in the sky, there is also some street lights visible below. Then suddenly in one frame the light in the sky seems to have moved with extreme speeds (leaving a trail of light all over the frame). Which of course seems interesting and would be very weird if you didn't notice that all the street lights did the same!

So seriously, if the street lights also moves with this insane speed at the same moment, isn't it right to to believe that they are controlled by some alien intelligence too? This all is just evidence of the camera being of poor quality; maybe some mechanics inside it sometimes make the film vibrate fast enough to leave light trails on those frames.

I will not see the rest of this documentary.

EDIT: Okay, maybe the rest of the documentary is interesting, but I was really put off by that clip in the start.

[edit on 2009/7/18 by TrappedSoul]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Why do believers insist on using poll's to back them. Don't you realize the only people that take those polls are interested in the subject. If you are not interested in something you would not take it.

You are making assumptions about their polling group. How do you know what type of people they've polled? A good poll is unbiased in that it polls a large variety of people that come from all walks of life. I am not saying that the statistics presented are indicative of this kind of poll, I'm saying that neither you nor I know these things, and so for you to say that they've only polled people who are interested in the subject is nothing more than conjecture stemming from a uninformed point of view.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TrappedSoul

How arrogant!

Did you see the parts where the "street lights" MOVED independantly of one another?

[edit on 18-7-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Obviously this site does not disappoint, I like the fact that the sightings are not in anyway related to our typical idea of a UFO (saucers, megaships, etc.) This case is very fantasy like, especially when she captured those human like shapes in the blast. This could be a great way for disclosing the proof of UFO phenomena to all of the world.

SVE

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

this is the real deal folks

Doesn't she have like 35,000 feet of film?

Unfortunately it still does not show anything conclusive, but I agree this stuff is likely for real.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Im not sure if anyone spotted this but on the video behind the women at 27:24 you can see a beam of white light travel fast across the sky.
Watch the video and let me know if anyone else saw this.

Sorry i stopped the video at this time and didn't realise they saw it too .
Brilliant video though its really got me wnting to watch more!

[edit on 18-7-2009 by WormHoles2012]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join