It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capturing the Light, The Story Of Dorothy Izatt (2007)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CUBD1

Originally posted by Thinking Ape
I think all this elderly lady's footage of "Light Beings" is fake due to the behavior and nature of the supposed ET visitors. How pathetic can their attempts to help humanity get? They say we should be all caring and work together to build "Candy Land" where no hardships exist. Why tell us that? Are they blind to the fact that human beings can never shed primitive emotion to become all-so-divine angels of light? Seems to me if they are real, they are cowards who need to spend some time on earth where they are forced to WORK for a living. Yeah, and feel much other misery we all go through. Maybe then they'll stop boasting their ego's on old ladies.

Wishful thinking, however I fear our light friends will never interact with humanity because they simply are too good for us. Or they don't exist. Either way we won't benefit.

And frankly I believe we should look more closely at the old woman and her family's motives for making fake footage. You all think they are not the type of individuals to deceive us? Well consider this, if YOU wanted change the world in a positive way, but wanted a method that had better potency and impact than just donating to charity. Wouldn't footage of lovey dovey light beings that have a message to mankind seem like an attractive thing to cook up? Wouldn't be too hard to fake. Don't forget the sweet old bird has lots of little munchkin helpers.

Okay. Despite my obvious disbelief and pessimism I won't totally write the footage off as fake. I'll keep an open mind about it's authenticity. I don't think I'll ever be friends with those mediocre chicken-hearted light beings though.

It is difficult for me to imagine a dumber, more utterly ignorant rant could be conceived or posted or written by anyone at any time in human history, but you have now achieved that dubious distinction.

Your thread of "reasoning" and "logic" is so patently juvenile and moronic it defies credulity.

-- justin

i would say that you're the one with the pathetic juvenile attitude Justin. Or simply put you're like the rest of the believers. You make me think of Christians with Jesus this and Jesus that.

IMHO her explanations of why the beings are there totally suck. They could tell her a way to show us how to look at their planet in the very least. And like it's been said, why communicate on a level we aren't able to? here on earth we aren't being of light. we are mostly tribal folks with hard ground very materialistic basis, some of us are more emotional and a few are spiritual but still very material beings.

There's no point in hearing crap like they wanna help us. Yeah right, like seeing a ufo in the sky will help us in any cases. If anything, say theses ufos are real, it will just gives the military an incentive to develops more potent lethal and sci-fi like weaponry to shoot them down.

The proper way for ETs to make contact, is to request an authorization to land somewhere, get out of their ships, and salute us. a formal greeting somewhat, by now, if they have visited us, they know our forms of courtesy etc.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

the fact that dorothy was able to film the objects using 3 different cameras by picking up and puting down and picking up and puting down etc. showed the same object in each camera. its hard for me to believe that her main camera is faulty in anyway. its been clearly discussed that the squiggled light in one frame could NOT be produced by a shaky old grandma arm. period.

the best way to simply study the case is to not reference an outside source but instead would be to watch the capturing the light dvd.

in the movie you will see that dorothy went through a big depression due to information that you provided in the quote and her own family's disbelief.

thankfully though dorothy realized that there are people who simply dont have it within their capacity to accept the matter being discussed so they transform the information back into something that can be understood by a closed minded populous. thus, freeing her from her depression.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Conan the Userper said

IMHO her explanations of why the beings are there totally suck. They could tell her a way to show us how to look at their planet in the very least. And like it's been said, why communicate on a level we aren't able to? here on earth we aren't being of light. we are mostly tribal folks with hard ground very materialistic basis, some of us are more emotional and a few are spiritual but still very material beings.

They may think we are not intelligent enough, spiritually prepared or rational or reasonable enough to handle the information.

You seem to make a case for that.

There's no point in hearing crap like they wanna help us. Yeah right, like seeing a ufo in the sky will help us in any cases. If anything, say theses ufos are real, it will just gives the military an incentive to develops more potent lethal and sci-fi like weaponry to shoot them down.

There are actually some pretty well-documented cases of UFOs flying over nuclear armaments and nuclear storehouses and shutting down some of the equipment. No lie. It's actually fairly well-documented. This suggests to me they are keeping a watchful eye and might intervene in the event of all-out nuclear war.

The proper way for ETs to make contact, is to request an authorization to land somewhere, get out of their ships, and salute us. a formal greeting somewhat, by now, if they have visited us, they know our forms of courtesy etc.

Your human-thinking is very limited. If we stumbled upon a primitive race on another planet, do you think we would land and announce ourselves and interfere with their culture? Assuming rational minds were at the helm of such an expedition, probably not. Probably not. We would probably study such a race from a distance.

Your human thinking limits you. Try thinking outside of the box.

-- justin

[edit on 20-7-2009 by CUBD1]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordThumbs
reply to post by mmiichael

the fact that dorothy was able to film the objects using 3 different cameras by picking up and puting down and picking up and puting down etc. showed the same object in each camera. its hard for me to believe that her main camera is faulty in anyway. its been clearly discussed that the squiggled light in one frame could NOT be produced by a shaky old grandma arm. period.

Unfortunately, this fact, amoung others, will be lost on small-minds. Skeptics tend to overlook the small clues and cues that lend to the authenticity of a person or of certain evidence... they, instead, make blanket dismissals, use faulty logical reasoning and ignore evidence.

It's sad.... the idiots that populate this planet are evidence enough alone as to why aliens would shy away from all-out disclosure. We're too stupid to handle the truth.

-- justin

[edit on 20-7-2009 by CUBD1]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LordThumbs

I too can't wait for the next chapter to her story. It is going to be enlightening for sure.

What I really want to know is why UFO Hunters didn't air her story.

-anyone

(I really wish some eccentric millionaire would crawl out of the woodwork and finance the project to get her video and story out. This documentary was good but is such a teaser.)

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
VIDEO LINK

I just checked in to read the updates to this thread and noticed the movie link has been removed due to copyright infringements.

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT ARE STILL WISHING TO VIEW THE DOCUMENTARY I HAVE ATTACHED A LINK TO AMAZON'S VIDEO ON DEMAND. NOW YOU CAN EITHER RENT OR BUY THE VIDEO, BUT I WOULD STRONGLY, STRONGLY RECOMMEND WATCHING THIS IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT DISCOVERING THE TRUTH OF WHAT YOU THINK YOU MAY KNOW ABOUT HUMANITY. THIS VIDEO WILL ABSOLUTELY CHANGE YOUR PERSPECTIVE ON INTELLIGENT LIFE

PURCHASE: www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=digital-video&qid=1248112627&sr=1-1

RENT: www.amazon.com...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=digital-video&qid=1248112362&sr=1-2

*** Also, I do have the original link the the video to watch for free... if interested pm me

And one last point, I love how ignorant some of the cynics on this forum are.... every argument that I have read thus far has no compelling evidence against this case, and most of the reasoning is flawed. But feel free to try and persuade us "believers" that your 3rd grade intellect somehow can prove this is a hoax
---------------------------------

Also regarding UFO hunter's airing an episode devoted to the Dorothy Izatt case, I suggest anybody that is serious about getting this video in the mainstream media to email UFO hunters. I have already done so, however I feel the more community support the better chance we have. It only takes 5 min max.... here is the link.... www.history.com...

[edit on 20-7-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CUBD1

and my reply to ANYONE,

i think the conversation between those who are willing to accept the ET phenomenon as actual and those who are looking for a higher power to lead them to the truth, be it science,be it evidence, be it government, be it mommy and daddy etc, differ in this way.. as you mentioned CUBD1 they the miss informed almost seem to intentionally over look the minute details and clues of the events being discussed. It becomes obvious that this skipping over of information agrivates the supporters of any given ET/UFO case and thus throws the conversation into a perpetual bantering back and forth ultimately leaving each party tired and fatigued and simply distracted from the actual event at hand and the witnessing party.

which is why...those who personally embrace the science, and technical and even philisophical aspects of this phenomenon are those who are ABLE to see the clues find intersecting points of conclusion. meaning, they see the AH HA moment this IS real.

those who are predisposed to finding inconclusive parts of the case are more interested in addressing their human counterparts to their "idiotic belief in ETs" rather than focusing on the event the witness is trying to bring to the table....this statement should not be confused with the UFO cases which are obvious hoaxes in which both the skeptics and the "believers" agree, and thus attempt to convince the niave populous to simply 'wake up'.

[edit on 7/20/2009 by LordThumbs]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Ya, it really is ridiculous how some "skeptics" who are supposed to care about the details skip them. I feel like these people coming in to belittle are just trying to squelch the idea and aren't really truly a skeptic. They are just disbelievers afraid of the unknown. These kinds of ideas and experiences scares people and that is why you will see people either claiming it is demonic or fantasy. Those of us who have experienced personally the paranormal find these examples of others experiences a validation to our own experiences.

I do believe only the open minded can be aware. At the same time the reality of it is we need true skeptics to help prove it and also help confirm it to open up the close-minded. So thank you all you truely skeptical people who are looking at the details helping bring the truth. None of us really know exactly what the truth is that is why we keep living and learning to get a binger piece of it.

Maybe Dorothy knows it just isn't time yet; or that everyone needs to each find it themselves. Maybe I am idealistic to think more of her story will change peoples minds and help them along in their process.

(I like to think I am a open minded skeptic with my beliefs and find them ever changing. Unless I am proven wrong I will still keep on believing and looking for more truths.)

-anyone

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
CubD1:

I think all this elderly lady's footage of "Light Beings" is fake due to the behavior and nature of the supposed ET visitors.

Hee Hee...you've got to chuckle at some remarks, and their conspicuous absence of self-referred discernment. Here we have a fellow who believes he 'knows', without error, the attitude, the philosophy, the science, meaning and purpose, and ultimately, the raison detre of the alleged extraterrestrial visiting our planet.

How pathetic can their attempts to help humanity get? They say we should be all caring and work together to build "Candy Land" where no hardships exist. Why tell us that? Are they blind to the fact that human beings can never shed primitive emotion to become all-so-divine angels of light? Seems to me if they are real, they are cowards who need to spend some time on earth where they are forced to WORK for a living. Yeah, and feel much other misery we all go through. Maybe then they'll stop boasting their ego's on old ladies.

Somewhere along the line this lady's filming and conversation has irked and piqued his ire, and he ain't allowing her to get away with it, so he has allowed his bitterness to talk for him. I quite agree with him, for he shows himself to us all in no uncertain terms, the example of being unable to...'shed primitive emotions'...he is himself, the subject of his own angry discourse. All the while, taking into no account of the thousands of possible reasons why alleged extraterrestrial visitors act in the way that they do? Truly, who can say?

Wishful thinking, however I fear our light friends will never interact with humanity because they simply are too good for us. Or they don't exist. Either way we won't benefit.

There is evidence of confusion and bewilderment in his tantrum, and because of this there is absence of discernment, not only of the jumbled and erratic hue and cry vented from his spleen, but of what spirituality actually entails...true appreciation of all what life and living endows us with through gnosis. We benefit, even from their mystery, even from their aloofness, and their distant presence. How? Simply because their distant presence elevates our consciousness, igniting within us a spark of curiosity, and informs us of things extant and ubiquitous laying beyond our normal perceiving range.

The fellow is rightly entitled to his opinion, but one would hope for it to be stated in less of a caustic manner, for his mind burns, not with fire or aflame with intellect, but acidic and intestinel, dissolving the facts to excreta, paying them little or no attention, and defecating them into nonsense.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Look you can even see the little holes for the film on the right of that frame, somethings clearly messed up inside the camera and its over exposing every nth frame.

Blindly believing something is just as bad as blindly dismissing it. I mean we're talking about a "documentary" that spent 15 minutes talking about an insect that flew past whle interviewing. And who cares what the family think or do, thats what families do, I mean if your child or nephew/niece came up to you and was trying to play the guitar and they were just terrible would you tell them? no you encourage them because thats what families do, the family clearly doesn't want to face the fact their grandmother might be going a bit senile so they all just play along and say it must be light beings instead .

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksolidbrain

I never saw the video. Dealing with the pop up ads and being lead to misleading downloads was very suspicious. This was an attempt by someone to increase their "click through" revenue. We can't just watch a simple video??? We have to click through a load of crap??? We can't just click "play" and see what the hell the OP is talking about???

There's something wrong here and they're pushing their limits with this ad #.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
We have an old woman taking pictures of some blurry lights and we're supposed to believe those are aliens?
I've seen the documentary..amazing. Not.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Ok. I have done some more homework. The official website where the DVD of "Capturing the Light" is

www.capturingthelightdvd.com...

The cost of the DVD is $19.95USD.

I did notice that there is no web-counter to show the number of hits to the website nor is there any information regarding the number of copies that the film has sold. (I have tried to look in public records but I am having a difficult time tracking any information down).

They have a forum with a link to many Interviews about the DVD.

Unfortunately the only interview with the subject of the film, Dorothy Izatt, that is available without money is the one that Dave Rabbit did for ATS. (Go Dave!) The rest are strictly interviews with the Director of the film.

There is one interview linked to

www.rense.com...

It is a website run by a person by the name of Jeff Rinse. They do keep a catalog of interviews on file but there is a cost for membership to examine and listen to the interviews.

If anyone is on friendly terms with Mr. Rinse could you ask him if he could provide a copy of the Q & A session with Mrs. Izatt? There might be more answers to this mystery in that interview.

I have also located a book that Mrs. Izatt had written about her titled "Contact With Beings of Light: The Amazing True Story of Dorothy Wilkinson-Izatt". It is written by a Peter Guttilla and published by Timeless Voyager Press. I could not find any information regarding how many copies of the book have sold or how much Mrs. Izatt received for the book deal.

If anyone owns a copy of the book U2U me please.

IN MY OPINION what this case boils down to is the footage.

Everything else besides the footage is what someone is telling you. What Mrs. Dorothy Izatt is telling you.

We have NO footage of the communications between herself and the beings, we have NO footage of the beings themselves up close, we have NO footage of the "Crafts" up close.

Just lights at a distance.

This is where you dear reader come in. You and you alone must make the leap from Video Footage of strange lights far up in the sky to the Story that Mrs. Izatt tells without any footage validate her explanation of the lights. You dear reader are expected to take on good will her word of mouth account of what exactly these lights are and connect the two.

Strange lights in the sky recorded on film ------------Leaps to -------------
Everything that Dorothy Izatt explains that the lights are.

There's the rub.

If Dorothy Izatt were a magician I would say
She lives her act.
Are you watching closely?

If she were not a Magician I would say that "man's reach exceeds his grasp". Or maybe It's a lie as Nikola Tesla so poetically declares in The Prestige when he says "man's grasp exceeds his nerve.".

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrappedSoul
Okay, so I started looking at this documentary now, I'm maybe 5 minutes into it where they started showing some frames from the film.

And I am already amazed by the stupidity of anyone who think that this is anything extraordinary. To explain simply:

She is filming a object in the sky, there is also some street lights visible below. Then suddenly in one frame the light in the sky seems to have moved with extreme speeds (leaving a trail of light all over the frame). Which of course seems interesting and would be very weird if you didn't notice that all the street lights did the same!

So seriously, if the street lights also moves with this insane speed at the same moment, isn't it right to to believe that they are controlled by some alien intelligence too? This all is just evidence of the camera being of poor quality; maybe some mechanics inside it sometimes make the film vibrate fast enough to leave light trails on those frames.

I will not see the rest of this documentary.

EDIT: Okay, maybe the rest of the documentary is interesting, but I was really put off by that clip in the start.

[edit on 2009/7/18 by TrappedSoul]

Wow, great post Trapped Soul. Really. You managed to come out swinging by insulting 90% of the people on this board and did nothing more than make yourself look like a complete idiot. Well done. I've noticed time and again when we're discussing something that is TRULY inexplicable, some loudmouth idiot will do one of two things (or both, in your case): 1: start spewing insults, and 2: offer a categorical "answer" to what we're examining without any demonstrable evidence that they know a single thing about the case in question. Your post is so ill-conceived and obtuse that it's hard to even take seriously. But hey, if you really are so certain, I'd love to see some daytime photos from her point of view (for the last 30 YEARS) and show me those streetlights. Then you can duplicate that effect using Super 8 film. Then we can talk seriously.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnnyflip
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

I concur. This is nothing more than a glorified "lights in the night sky" video. I suspect a clever hoax more than anything. I saw nothing definitive in that film.
Indistinct lights on a pitch black background and flashes of light do not constitute 'smoking gun' evidence by a long shot. Sorry to the sheep who buy this horse crap.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by johnnyflip]

Haha - see? Here's another one. All these people are the same.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajmusicmedia
Now that explanation, the film stopping on a frame for a few seconds, makes perfect sense. Anybody who has studied film know this. Double exposure, triple exposure, etc does strange things; just watch Georges Méliès's films... Case closed, in my opinion.

That definitely makes sense, but I thought someone gave her another Super 8, and took hers and inspected it piece-by-piece. Reportedly the inspection turned up nothing anomalous, and the replacement camera continued getting the weird lights. Is that not true? Can't remember where I read that but it wasn't long ago.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

As I said in an earlier post I own the book and the DVD.

There are also many posts of evidence within this thread and the the three other threads that already exist on ATS that show more pieces to Dorothy's puzzle.

One poster a few pages back posted many of the single frames from her footage.

Also someone posted the youtube clip that is extracted from the Unsolved Mysteries show.

There is also another thread on ATS inquiring about why the episode on Dorothy Izatt that UFO Hunters advertised that was already to have aired never actually aired.

Also Johnny Anonymous interviewed her and Frank Longo.

There is also a podcast with both Peter Guttilla (author of the book) and Frank Longo (director of the doc.).

Am I missing anything?

All of this is found here on ATS.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
I think it is important that we do not roll out the jump to conclusions mat just yet. No one has even had the opportunity to have this woman field ONE single question.

Wouldn't you feel just the slightest bit better about getting to have a Q&A session?

Maybe ATS could invite her to be a guest speaker and have an online presentation and then do a Q&A session where she will answer some questions we could propose for her.

I want to at least ask a couple of questions to the person who is claiming proof not only of inter dimensional beings flying in advanced craft visiting Earth but also claiming proof of the existence of a "Spirit" or a "Soul" as well as claiming proof of the existence of a God

I speak for myself when I say this but a video of swirling lights is just not enough to convince me of any of this! Regardless of how kind or sincere the claimer is.

Good grief man, she's been interviewed God-knows-how many times. Did you just start reading about this yesterday?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
There is another podcast done by coasttocoastam.com about Dorothy Izatt... But it is between coasttocoastam and the main UFO investigator (The guy with a pony tail and grey hair). If anybody can upload a link or something to that it would be interesting

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I have been waiting all my life for something like this. Where can I find some of the footage?!!??!!?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join