It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capturing the Light, The Story Of Dorothy Izatt (2007)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I think all this elderly lady's footage of "Light Beings" is fake due to the behavior and nature of the supposed ET visitors. How pathetic can their attempts to help humanity get? They say we should be all caring and work together to build "Candy Land" where no hardships exist. Why tell us that? Are they blind to the fact that human beings can never shed primitive emotion to become all-so-divine angels of light? Seems to me if they are real, they are cowards who need to spend some time on earth where they are forced to WORK for a living. Yeah, and feel much other misery we all go through. Maybe then they'll stop boasting their ego's on old ladies.

Wishful thinking, however I fear our light friends will never interact with humanity because they simply are too good for us. Or they don't exist. Either way we won't benefit.

And frankly I believe we should look more closely at the old woman and her family's motives for making fake footage. You all think they are not the type of individuals to deceive us? Well consider this, if YOU wanted change the world in a positive way, but wanted a method that had better potency and impact than just donating to charity. Wouldn't footage of lovey dovey light beings that have a message to mankind seem like an attractive thing to cook up? Wouldn't be too hard to fake. Don't forget the sweet old bird has lots of little munchkin helpers.

Okay. Despite my obvious disbelief and pessimism I won't totally write the footage off as fake. I'll keep an open mind about it's authenticity. I don't think I'll ever be friends with those mediocre chicken-hearted light beings though.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

ajmusicmedia...
I stopped watching about mid-way through; this just isn't worth the time; if they really have something good and solid, it shouldn't come up at the end, it should be right at the beginning. It gives the impression that they have to put you asleep to sell their idea.

I understand exactly what you mean! I stopped reading your post mid-way through, as well. You should have come right out in the beginning and stated that you didn't watch the whole clip. Reading your whole post just isn't worth the time. It gives the impression that you are trying to browbeat people with your ignorance in order to sell your idea.

(ignorance = the lack of information caused by one's choice to ignore it. Root word - ignore).

[/sarcasm]
Flip the script, buddy. Why should we take your opinion/idea seriously? And this goes for anyone else who argues from ignorance?

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Flux8]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I'm sure this is legit. Note how the UFOs are constructed almost purely of light...it all makes sense.

And ditto flux's post!

[edit on 20-7-2009 by VergeofObscene]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flux8

ajmusicmedia...
I stopped watching about mid-way through; this just isn't worth the time; if they really have something good and solid, it shouldn't come up at the end, it should be right at the beginning. It gives the impression that they have to put you asleep to sell their idea.

I understand exactly what you mean! I stopped reading your post mid-way through, as well. You should have come right out in the beginning and stated that you didn't watch the whole clip. Reading your whole post just isn't worth the time. It gives the impression that you are trying to browbeat people with your ignorance in order to sell your idea.

(ignorance = the lack of information caused by one's choice to ignore it. Root word - ignore).

[/sarcasm]
Flip the script, buddy. Why should we take your opinion/idea seriously? And this goes for anyone else who argues from ignorance?

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Flux8]

i watched all of it and share his views...the whole thing makes no sense.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
the video doesnt load at all, neither does the majority of images at the top of the page.

Im in uk. btw if that helps.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The video is interesting but it really is too bad we don't get to see the 30'000 feet of video. We only see brief snippets and then they focus on the ufo that they caught while doing the interview in the kitchen. It is neat stuff but I would have liked to see the ladies other footage.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Why do we have to click through pop up ads and all kinds of confusing/misleading crap to see this video on mega video?

After clicking on that button in the center of what looks like a video player screen they tried to get me to download some kind of "smiley face". I thought at first it was the video I was saving to my hard drive.

The at another attempt to play the video they sent me to a different video website.

Why do we have to jump through all of those hoops to see a video? Don't we deal with enough ads on this website?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

go here: download.cnet.com...

download and scan quick. im pretty sure you just downloaded adware/spyware.

this will kill it.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

Sorry, but I've nothing to sell.

Placing an insult in plain view and trying to conceal it through definitions doesn't make you clever.

You are entitled to disagree with me, I won't argue that at all. It still doesn't mean you're right and I'm wrong.

About this whole thread: it never ceases to amaze me how on ATS, it seems that the more a case can be easily explained and refuted, the more some people refuse to accept it as such.

ATS law 1: The more sense a thread makes, the faster it disapears.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Dr Manhattan from, the Watchmen appears in this video?

View video at 8:15 to 8:35. At Approximately 8:30 a blue humanoid face appears on right side of orb looking at orb. I also noticed a strange sound on audio when it appears. It appears that the video is playing, so is the sound from the original video?

Pretty amazing

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38
Why do we have to click through pop up ads and all kinds of confusing/misleading crap to see this video on mega video?

After clicking on that button in the center of what looks like a video player screen they tried to get me to download some kind of "smiley face". I thought at first it was the video I was saving to my hard drive.

The at another attempt to play the video they sent me to a different video website.

Why do we have to jump through all of those hoops to see a video? Don't we deal with enough ads on this website?

You are right. Anyone who viewed the video should do a scan. Possibly your PC got hacked by the light beings.

It tried to download an exe when clicked on the play button. I got the video in 2-3 attempts. Of all sites to host, they chose this one??

[edit on 20/7/2009 by rocksolidbrain]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Why is it always like pulling teeth to get access to supposed good ufo videos. And why is it always so disappointing when you get there?

Why are there so many flags for a thread started with stolen content?

[edit on 7-20-2009 by groingrinder]

[edit on 7-20-2009 by groingrinder]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
tgerb8 said:

"The fact remains...
why would creatures with technology far greater than ours waste their time exposing themselves to some 81 year old woman in BFE??

Nobody in the mainstream has even heard of this stuff.. let alone take it seriously... "

I think the shortsightedness of your statement makes rather obvious why you'll never see something like this and an 81 year old grandma will.

-- justin

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

This video took me two seconds to play. Unless you are a complete retard, the video is easy to play. If you downloaded something, it means you moronically clicked on an ad instead of the extremely obvious "play" button in the middle of the web page. Yes, there are ads, but do we really need speed bumps and disclaimers in place to help out idiots like yourself that cannot figure out how to play a video without downloading a bunch of ads and viruses?

-- justin

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
ok
so we have images (on super 8 film) that seem like "movement",
they only appear on a single frame, they are surrounded by blackness,
and sometimes they are white and sometimes colored.

so lets talk about making lines of light on super 8 film.....

firstly super 8 film stock is color reversal film, it does not create a "negative" when you expose the film, it creates a positive image so the original film can be projected without it needing to be transfered to another medium, so its great for home use.
kodak stock (like most super 8 film) uses the susbtractive method for recording color....which means there are layers of chemicals (or layers of color) on the unexposed film (if i am remembering my art school super 8 film lessons correctly they are magenta blue and yellow).

this means when you expose the film stock to a blue light the two layers of chemicals which are used for the magenta and yellow react with the light to become transparent and the layer of chemicals which is used for the blue reacts with the blue light to become blue...and of course different combinations of these three layers create different colors.
white means all three layers are transparent and black is the opposite, all three layers are present, so black is really blue, magenta and yellow layered on top of each other.
this is then "fixed" by the processing of the film.
what this means is that if you were to process a cartridge of unexposed film
(or film were only some single frames were unexposed) you have a film stock with the three layers of color intact, one on top of the other.
this means that if you scratch the film (or use a chemical) you can remove layers of the color directly
ie. a light scratch would remove just a single layer and a heavier scratch two layers,
revealing and creating different colored marks when you project the film.
remember white is created by removing all three layers.

this process is called Direct Film making because you directly manipulate the film stock without the use of a camera.
there are several other Direct Film making techniques involving projecting light and color directly onto unexposed film stock (or partially exposed) after first covering the film with objects (like colored glass, film slides or even leaves...), the objects act kinda like a stencil often giving quite amazing effects

here are some examples

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.tudou.com...

oh and these were made in the 1930´s thru to the 1950´s

also i have seen some wild images which are the result of faulty cameras,
from light leaks (which does not have to effect the whole film as most of the time most of the film is stored in a light proof cartridge) or from a faulty aperture or faulty winding mechanism (causing different frames to be exposed for different length of times etc).

ok i am not saying its definetly a fraud but it is possible to make these types of images on super 8 film if you want to...

ok thats enough of a trip down memory lane to my art school years.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thinking Ape
I think all this elderly lady's footage of "Light Beings" is fake due to the behavior and nature of the supposed ET visitors. How pathetic can their attempts to help humanity get? They say we should be all caring and work together to build "Candy Land" where no hardships exist. Why tell us that? Are they blind to the fact that human beings can never shed primitive emotion to become all-so-divine angels of light? Seems to me if they are real, they are cowards who need to spend some time on earth where they are forced to WORK for a living. Yeah, and feel much other misery we all go through. Maybe then they'll stop boasting their ego's on old ladies.

Wishful thinking, however I fear our light friends will never interact with humanity because they simply are too good for us. Or they don't exist. Either way we won't benefit.

And frankly I believe we should look more closely at the old woman and her family's motives for making fake footage. You all think they are not the type of individuals to deceive us? Well consider this, if YOU wanted change the world in a positive way, but wanted a method that had better potency and impact than just donating to charity. Wouldn't footage of lovey dovey light beings that have a message to mankind seem like an attractive thing to cook up? Wouldn't be too hard to fake. Don't forget the sweet old bird has lots of little munchkin helpers.

Okay. Despite my obvious disbelief and pessimism I won't totally write the footage off as fake. I'll keep an open mind about it's authenticity. I don't think I'll ever be friends with those mediocre chicken-hearted light beings though.

It is difficult for me to imagine a dumber, more utterly ignorant rant could be conceived or posted or written by anyone at any time in human history, but you have now achieved that dubious distinction.

Your thread of "reasoning" and "logic" is so patently juvenile and moronic it defies credulity.

-- justin

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by tmayhew01

Originally posted by Nichiren
This was discussed on the Paracast show.

I think it's total BS.

Because this video provides clear, indecisive and definitive proof of an intelligence that we truly know nothing about.

Assuming the video in question is real...which i doubt btw.
I've seen how easy it is to manipulate image and it doesn't matter whether they're old cameras or brand new recent ones. They're all easy to manipulate, so easy that, in fact, if the author doesn't tell he faked the images, it's almost impossible to tell, unless we resort to very expensive devices that only a few scientists own.

Humans, whether we like it or not, like to manipulate images and do all sort of effects with them. Deep inside us we crave, well most of us i think, for a contact with other intelligent beings.

Mostly tho, people fake their images for fame or for other reasons like loneliness, power trips, or simply because they are losers.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Conan The Usurper]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_weirdness
ok i am not saying its definetly a fraud but it is possible to make these types of images on super 8 film if you want to...

ok thats enough of a trip down memory lane to my art school years.

I'm more inclined to believe the experts on the documentary, such as those at ILM, than your analysis. Crazy me.

I'm not sure if you noticed, either, but the latter half of the documentary focuses on lights that appear during a VIDEO interview, present-day, of the old lady's grandaughter, as a light appears behind her, outside, at night, through an open window, where there are no houses or roads or lights, and it moves around intelligently...

But I'm sure they made that up, too. They're obviously making soooo much money from all this.

-- justin

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conan The Usurper

Originally posted by tmayhew01

Originally posted by Nichiren
This was discussed on the Paracast show.

I think it's total BS.

Because this video provides clear, indecisive and definitive proof of an intelligence that we truly know nothing about.

Assuming the video in question is real...which i doubt btw.
I've seen how easy it is to manipulate image and it doesn't matter whether they're old cameras or brand new recent ones. They're all easy to manipulate, so easy that, in fact, if the author doesn't tell he faked the images, it's almost impossible to tell, unless we resort to very expensive devices that only a few scientists own.

Humans, whether we like it or not, like to manipulate images and do all sort of effects with them. Deep inside us we crave, well most of us i think, for a contact with other intelligent beings.

Mostly tho, people fake their images for fame or for other reasons like loneliness, power trips, or simply because they are losers.

Thanks for these Earth-shattering insights.

I'm sure this old lady spent 30 years filming these things -- and then somehow expertly faked those images to the point that even ILM cannot explain them away -- with the intent to make a documentary in her 80s, in which she would make no money and open herself up to ridicule.

Please continue to provide us with your deep and instructive insights and understanding of human behavior, lest we so foolishly believe the hoodwinks of this hoaxing scallywag of a grandma.

-- justin

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
thank you for posting another thread about dorothy izatt.
this film is in my eyes the best real adaptation of contact ever.
i think its great that some people want to discuss the super 8 film and its capabilities here on ATS and they have every right too, however if you watch the film you will see that film experts INCLUDING digital light and magic ( CGI experts for Transformers 2) were not able to find a hoaxing in the film. that in my mind is all i need to hear.

dorothys family in the film react to the videos and their facial expressions
says it all.

talk about watching a skeptic eat his/her own words..its brilliant to see it on film. possibly more rare that seeing a ufo in my opinion

@ANYONE,
i too hope that dorothy gets her story out in full effect sooner rather than later. there are rumors that she has film of her walking into and out of the ships as well.

i will stand by dorothy's story and her family till the end if need be.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join