It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh, How the Villagers Love a Funeral!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hi folks, so I was reading up on the death of Walter Cronkite when I ran into this interesting little rant:

The death of Walter Cronkite will no doubt provide, as did the death of Tim Russert not so very long ago, yet another occasion for mainstream media poodles to indulge in a surreally prolonged, fantastically undeserved orgy of nauseating self-congratulation. Once again these spoiled vapid predatory narcissistic gossip-columnists who fancy themselves eminences -- and who also seem to think we think they're cute -- will genuflect sanctimoniously to their superior standards, ethics, objectivity, professionalism, civic-mindedness, and social indispensability. Against this we can expect the usual conjuration of a rising imperiling tide of citizen journalism and criticism and organization, peer to peer, as Cronkite's shade is summoned up like a patronus to ward off the mob. All the while the Villagers will chug along in sublime ignorance and indifference to the utter superficiality, insular attitudes, preference for stenography over reportage, eager self-impressment to incumbent interests through which they have travestied the ideals they invoke in the name of Cronkite and by means of which they have brought on their own ongoing institutional eclipse. What a relief that Cronkite's demise provides such a ready pretext for the inevitable disregard by NBC that Russert's replacement on Meet the Press, scatterbrained hack David Gregory, begged for the chance to fellate now-disgraced atrocity exhibition and hiking enthusiast Mark Sanford on his show in between endless softball interviews with President John McCain and other Republican luminaries.

amormundi.blogspot.com...

So much plain truth in that ...

The msm all but losing its grasp on information control never misses an opportunity to be self-reverential to try at any cost to recover its credibility. In this case, on the back of Walter Cronkite, a man who represents all the journalistic qualities which they have forsaken.

Anyhoot, I thought it was a rather apt so I shared away.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
What's going on here then?

No text, no post, just a title?

Got to be the shortest thread i've ever read on here!

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I can see it just fine. Can you see it quoted here?

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Hi folks, so I was reading up on the death of Walter Cronkite when I ran into this interesting little rant:

The death of Walter Cronkite will no doubt provide, as did the death of Tim Russert not so very long ago, yet another occasion for mainstream media poodles to indulge in a surreally prolonged, fantastically undeserved orgy of nauseating self-congratulation. Once again these spoiled vapid predatory narcissistic gossip-columnists who fancy themselves eminences -- and who also seem to think we think they're cute -- will genuflect sanctimoniously to their superior standards, ethics, objectivity, professionalism, civic-mindedness, and social indispensability. Against this we can expect the usual conjuration of a rising imperiling tide of citizen journalism and criticism and organization, peer to peer, as Cronkite's shade is summoned up like a patronus to ward off the mob. All the while the Villagers will chug along in sublime ignorance and indifference to the utter superficiality, insular attitudes, preference for stenography over reportage, eager self-impressment to incumbent interests through which they have travestied the ideals they invoke in the name of Cronkite and by means of which they have brought on their own ongoing institutional eclipse. What a relief that Cronkite's demise provides such a ready pretext for the inevitable disregard by NBC that Russert's replacement on Meet the Press, scatterbrained hack David Gregory, begged for the chance to fellate now-disgraced atrocity exhibition and hiking enthusiast Mark Sanford on his show in between endless softball interviews with President John McCain and other Republican luminaries.

amormundi.blogspot.com...

So much plain truth in that ...

The msm all but losing its grasp on information control never misses an opportunity to be self-reverential to try at any cost to recover its credibility. In this case, on the back of Walter Cronkite, a man who represents all the journalistic qualities which they have forsaken.

Anyhoot, I thought it was a rather apt so I shared away.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

i can see it just fine aswell you got your reading glasses on??
seriously weird though

and very intresting read there mr dog

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

A sad truth, my friend.

A tooting of their proverbial horns, if you will. Let them try and recover credibility, as we know they will, however, reputation is earned and talking the talk is far from walking the walk. It's cockyness vs. confidence; practicing vs. preaching.

It's the very definition of egotism: an exaggerated sense of self-importance or accomplishment. And in the case of MSM, it's a demonstration of their very nature and journalistic qualities, or lack thereof.

They're losing their grasp because information can no longer be controlled, only reported. With the vast amount of bloggers, citizen journalists and alternative websites, such as ATS, the MSM has no chance in hell of controlling anything. As the younger, tech savy generation grows older and replaces the current cohort, MSM will be a thing of the past, merely remembered for it's biased, agenda-based reporting that used propoganda to sway the masses.

Stay optimistic, buddy.

Thanks for sharing.

-Dev

[edit on 18-7-2009 by DevolutionEvolvd]

top topics

join