It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venus was once Earth-like and new study suggests it had oceans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This is very interesting. The planet Venus now, as well as Mars could have once been much more Earth-like than it is now with oceans and regular volcanic activity. Just makes me wonder whether the first life in our solar system appeared on Earth. The wild speculative part of me even could go as far as pondering whether intellegence also evolved elsewhere earlier in the life of our solar system or was Earth even colonised by life from a different planet??

here's the article:

www.space.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yep, no one believes what I say, so , but it will be clear soon !!

Moon , Venus and Iapetus are not from here..But mainstream science say it is ... So, Im stopped arguing much about it ...

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Interesting. I am of the belief that our history with the planets may be much more complex than we can imagine.

Venus symbol:

Good to note how much the venus symbol looks like the egyptian Ankh, or Crux Ansata

Earth symbol(Same as Venus, but inverted):

No star, among the countless myriads that twinkle over the sidereal fields of the night sky, shines so dazzlingly as the planet Venus – not even Sirius-Sothis, the dog-star, beloved by Isis. Venus is the queen among our planets, the crown jewel of our solar system. She is the inspirer of the poet, the guardian and companion of the lonely shepherd, the lovely morning and the evening star.

Thus there came to exist slandered stars and planets as well as slandered men and women. Too often are the reputation and fortune of one man or party sacrificed for the benefit of another man or party. As on earth below, so in the heavens above, and Venus, the sister planet of our Earth,1 was sacrificed to the ambition of our little globe to show the latter the "chosen" planet of the Lord. She became the scapegoat, the Azaziel of the starry dome, for the sins of the Earth, or rather for those of a certain class in the human family – the clergy – who slandered the bright orb, in order to prove what their ambition suggested to them as the best means to reach power, and exercise it unswervingly over the superstitious and ignorant masses.

Venus, characterised by Pythagoras as the sol alter, a second Sun, on account of her magnificent radiance – equalled by none other – was the first to draw the attention of ancient Theogonists. Before it began to be called Venus, it was known in pre-Hesiodic theogony as Eosphoros (or Phosphoros) and Hesperos, the children of the dawn and twilight. In Hesiod, moreover, the planet is decomposed into two divine beings, two brothers – Eosphoros (the Lucifer of the Latins) the morning, and Hesperos, the evening star.

The History of a Planet, Blavatsky

And WOW. Just finished this post but found this article and had to include it.
Space.com - Microbes could travel from Venus to Earth

Venus, with its boiling-hot surface, doesn't seem a likely place to find ET. But a new paper argues not only that Venusian clouds could harbor microbial life, but also that the life there could potentially hitch a ride aboard the solar wind to Earth. The possibility for microbial life on Venusian clouds has been suggested before, though it's still not widely thought to be likely. However, the assertion that this life could potentially float from Venus to Earth is novel, and contentious.

"We point out that Venus and Earth are very close in terms of proximity," Chandra Wickramasinghe told SPACE.com. "There are occasions where Venus and Earth are aligned, which would be the best possible time for any exchange of material from Venus to Earth."

The last such alignment took place in 2004 and the next will happen in 2012, he said.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Chembreather, why do you say it will be revealed soon? I always did think that Iapetus was a very strange looking moon...

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Chonx]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by beebs

Thanks for the info beebs! I'm not sure how likely it is that life from the Venusian atmosphere made it to Earth riding the solar wind.... seems incredibly far-fetched in my opinion but I guess stranger things have and do happen.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

Yes, I had actually never heard of that theory before... just happened to be searching google when I was writing that post.

Interesting to think about, although it seems to me that microbes would die in space. But who knows, not me ha.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Dear chembreather,Have you had a dream that you were a lizard?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

So we migrated here from Venus instead of Mars. Puts a whole new spin on Lucifer/Morning Star/Venus, eh?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Yep, no one believes what I say, so , but it will be clear soon !!

Moon , Venus and Iapetus are not from here..But mainstream science say it is ... So, Im stopped arguing much about it ...

what ARE you talking about?

half curiousity, half WTH?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

He's talking about three artificial alien craft: The Moon, one of Saturn's moons, and Venus.

edit on 7/23/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
WHO CARES!!!!! We live on planet earth....and if we don't start taking care of her, future generations will be saying we once HAD oceans. I'm tired of the money being WASTED on research in "space"...when we have problems here on earth that need to be addressed, like: homelessness, hunger, sickness and disease!

new topics

top topics

join