It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the news watching us?Here at ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The way I see it Fox news and talk radio are the only ways ( as far as msm) to get a dissenting(anti msm) view on news.Now this is not a thread promoting either,however that being said it seems the rest of the media is so pro obama and government that you have to look elsewhere for an unbiased or un obama worshiping point of view. Now I know you will say the internet or BBC or any number of other sources are out there,and I agree, but for now I want to concentrate on these two.I have been noticing that posts I read here are turning up in the news as lead stories 3 days (or more)later on Fox or Rush or Beck,it's almost like we(here at ATS) are a focus group for non msm alternative thinkers.The things that we here at ATS uncover(fema camps/Beck,Sotomayor+Raza/O'riely,Obama+Alynsky/Rush ETC. ETC.) seem to be the lead stories for these guys.Could it be that they pay very close attention to ATS to see what their target audience wants to here about?I know we're a small community here but for the most part well educated and intelligent and it would seem that someone is watching and taking their cues from us!Please if you have noticed this and find it peculiar try to post the story and circumstances here I would like to keep track of this............................ Edit to title to include ATS

[edit on 18-7-2009 by genius/idoit]

[edit on 18-7-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
seriously......... you need to wake up obama and the bushes are all in cahoots... please stop falling for the oldest trick in the book... Divide and conquer... the MSM serves that... fox news serves to solidify the republican camps and msnbc serves the dems... which programs the groups to essentially go at it... seriously wake up both parties have the SAME masters.... its like watching a wwf wrestling match they will fight in front of the audience ...but behind the scenes there practicing there "battles'"and answering to the same "owners" it is absolutely imperative to have a 2 party system so americans think they have a choice.... its all an big illusion and I pray you can see the truth for what it is... God bless.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

I agree with you totally it just seems to me if this is the case we here at ATS might have a little more influence than your average website and can use that to our(America's)advantage,but first I would like to verify that we do.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Wouldnt it phat if MSM started posting news from ATS ??

'' And now, news from ATS ''

Maybe ATS should start a tv channel, I garantee(?) success..

I demand 25% of all income if this TV starts up !!

I take screen shot and gonna contact my lawyer ...

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Yes, I do think ATS is being watched by a lot of different people. Governments, mainstream media people, Alex Jones, Rense, Hollywood, celebrities, etc etc.

Nothing substantial that I could point to as absolute proof, but just weird coincidences and impressions and gut feelings here and there

It sure is a good thing that no one knows my super-secret identity! ..........
*gulp*

*pukes and passes out*

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Check this out at the bottom of the page

Seems to me that they are planning or in development of TV programming.

You know, I was thinking about this the other day. Not because of the story or anything, but I have noticed that certain "catch phrases" have been mentioned on TV after I have read them on ATS, like the most recent one was this morning "The proverbial ....."

I don't know maybe its nothing, but also when you think about it though ATS is a pretty popular site so when they get wind of this stuff when they search on the net from more info ATS could pop up.

There are some really smart people on this site that do good work. So I don't know could be a possibility though.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

That's what I meant.I know they are news stories and might come out later anyway but the headlines are word for word what is written on ATS.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I haven't ever noticed the headlines word for word. Just as yous said certain topics and catch phrases.

I know one time on Beck he did a story it sounded almost like something I wrote here on ATS.

I'll have to start paying more attention. The phrase I heard this morning was about Walter Conkrite.

I'll start paying more attention see if notice anything.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
iv actually noticed some of these things aswell, for example a hotley debated topic was the moon landings and this morning in the daily sat there is an article about it

A QUARTER of Brits reckon the moon mission in 1969 was just pie in the sky.

Many believe the historic landing – 40 years ago on Monday – was a hoax. And some even think the first moonwalker was Toy Story hero Buzz Lightyear.

daily star article

have also noticed it with other stuff another example was one of the hotly debated crop circles that was debated here also ended up in the daily star
intrestingly i cant find that article or i am blind

they actually have video footage etc on their site that i saw posted here first about 2012/crop circles etc etc

so one has to ask are they trolling ats

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I was listening to Savage nation on 560 am Chicago(not a show I listen to often)and just before he goes to break he teases with a line from a thread here word for word I wrote down the date and time 07/15/09 at 8;10pm cst but I was driving and couldn't write down the headline.This is happening more and more.I will start documenting it.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I don't listen to talk radio, but I'll do the same.

It seems that the "alternative media" is actually becoming mainstream in a sense.

Not the far out conspiracies, but more along the lines of people that are able to connect the dots.

What post was it from that Savage repeated?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I'm trying to find it now but his site doesn't offer a fast forward only an hour by hour program replay and as I said it was at 8;10 my time but I don't know what hour of the show so I have to listen to them I'll find out and post it when I find it

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

In Russia, the news watches you.
Ah Yakov, where art thy now?

Hey listen, we watch them they read on the interwebs, it's all a big voyeur fest ...

I look at it a little differently, the conspiracy community, in no small part due to the success and popularity of ATS, is now a viable demographic for the ptb to make the effort to manipulate. As such they are now overtly seeding the same dribble they do on msm sources on sites such as this one. I guess were now a big enough community to be manipulated ...

It's a compliment really.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I can't speak for the MSM, but as a producer/director for our Local Cable Access ch 15 & 21 we have ATS punched up on a laptop all the time. We especially like the Video and media section.

In fact I'm at the studio as we speak.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I am sure Glenn Beck trolls here regularly...but he disparages us also, calling us crazy conspiratorial nutjobs, but at the same time he is connecting the dots that TPTB are actually conspiring against us....so go figure.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
well I looked and listened to more of the savage nation than I can take for a sunny Saturday and I can't find it must have got the date wrong like I said I was driving.Just wondered if anyone else noticed,like I said I'm on it.

top topics

join