It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo Landing Sites Imaged By LRO!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

APOLLO LANDING SITES IMAGED BY LRO!

blogs.discovermagazine.com

This is so so so freaking cool: the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter has taken pictures of the Apollo landing sites!

Holy Haleakala!

That’s EXACTLY how I pictured it would look. That picture shows the lower half of the Lunar Module, the part that stayed behind on the Moon when Armstrong and Aldrin blasted back up off the surface. It was essentially dead weight, so the LM was designed to split in half, with the top half (the aptly-named Ascent Module — click on the diagram on the right for details) going back up into orbit to meet with Michael Collins in the Command Module. From there th
(visit the link for the full news article)

[Mod Edit - all caps in title]

[edit on 18/7/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
WOW!! Just wow...

Official NASA website with photos: www.nasa.gov...

LRO Sees Apollo Landing Sites

NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, or LRO, has returned its first imagery of the Apollo moon landing sites. The pictures show the Apollo missions' lunar module descent stages sitting on the moon's surface, as long shadows from a low sun angle make the modules' locations evident.

Can anyone refute these logically and rationally without resorting to ignoring the evidence that we went to the Moon.

If you can't accept we went to the Moon, then nothing will ever change your mind. Not even if you saw the landers in person..... as you probably would then claim NASA put them there later or some other stupid crazy claim.

Case closed then?? Or shall we all believe that we live in a virtual reality simulation as well!!?

blogs.discovermagazine.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-7-2009 by john124]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Can anyone refute these logically and rationally without resorting to ignoring the evidence that we went to the Moon.

Why doesn't NASA show pictures with some more resolution and zoom, so that we have more to discuss than tiny specs, I can zoom in at my backyard with Google earth and almost look in my own back pocket, yet for NASA, this seems inmpossible.

But, hey, it's not like they 're rocket scientists, oh wait...

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
reply to post by john124

Why doesn't NASA show pictures with some more resolution and zoom, so that we have more to discuss than tiny specs, I can zoom in at my backyard with Google earth and almost look in my own back pocket, yet for NASA, this seems inmpossible.

But, hey, it's not like they 're rocket scientists, oh wait...

these pictures are not even the highest resolution LRO can provide; future observation will have twice this much detail!

We can see tracks left on the Moon!! That's almost as good resolution as Google Earth, and twice the resolution will be available soon.

I don't see much of a conspiracy there.

And having better resolution photos of the Earth is arguably more important than photos of the Moon at the same resolution.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Jeah, so why wait with the good stuff then?

These pics are not really useful, imo.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
reply to post by john124

Jeah, so why wait with the good stuff then?

These pics are not really useful, imo.

The lower resolution photos probably are quicker to take and then process, therefore we get those one's first.

I suppose NASA can never please some people.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It's great to be able to see the Astronauts footprints in the moon dust.

Of course for some it'll make no difference, they'll cook up some evidence proving that the photos are doctored the the LRO never left the launch pad

Nice going NASA, some of us still believe in your extraordinary achievements.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Case closed then?? Or shall we all believe that we live in a virtual reality simulation as well!!?

Maybe you should wait for some quality pictures before you draw your conclusion.

As for NASA, am I not right when I say that these pics aren't really usefull?

I don't really see the point in releasing these images, why not shut up the skeptics by nice sharp close-up's?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
Already a few threads on this.

Apollo Hardware spotted!

LRO photographs Apollo landing sites

LRO - first images released

Please add your thoughts to one of the existing threads.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join