It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PA bankrupt now too?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
ok not sure of a thread title to make or where topost it but here goes-
i have many freinds who work for pa. and haven't been paid for 2 weeks.
my understanding from what they have told me-and for the 1st time i saw it on the local news yesterday- is if they don't pass a budget by next payday they will not get paid again and also lose any entitlement they have to lost (past) wages!!
is this true? i searched a bit and found nothing
so what happens now?
personally if i was not going to get paid i would refuse to work esp. if i was told that for the past 3 weeks i worked and didn't get paid i get no back wages.
and if they quit they can't get unemployment.
my next question is now if every state employee just quits(i would rather sit at home and have no money than go to work everyday and have no money so what is the difference?) but when the welfare people don't get there checks either(thank god) because there will be noone to issue them what are they going to do?
and an even better question is are the "representatives" who got elected still getting paid or working for free also?
not entirely sure if this is true- just what i have heard from acquaintances who work for pa- but would appreciate any knowledge/speculation from people who do know more

mod edit in title for clarity

[edit on 19-7-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Yep as of the 17th we are broke. State cops are being handed IOU's and all state employees have a chance at receiving some forms of welfare from the state, but when your bankrupt, you can't do to much to provide welfare for everyone can ya?

I also hear the police force up here is corrupt, and the bad cops are working now on an underground, it doesn't exist budget. Straight from the mouth of a cop spilling his guts, because he's scared of the American people, and the decisions he may have to make against them.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdJohnAdams
Yep as of the 17th we are broke. State cops are being handed IOU's and all state employees have a chance at receiving some forms of welfare from the state, but when your bankrupt, you can't do to much to provide welfare for everyone can ya?

I also hear the police force up here is corrupt, and the bad cops are working now on an underground, it doesn't exist budget. Straight from the mouth of a cop spilling his guts, because he's scared of the American people, and the decisions he may have to make against them.

Every single day...

The S moves a bit across the table....

Each and every day, the S gets closer to the edge...

TF sits nearby the edge, under it, awaiting the S...

The S is about to HTF.

Infact, the SHTF already it looks like.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
PA is handing out IOUs now? Oy, this is where the fun begins.

When people don't get paid, they get hungry. When they get hungry, they get mad and pillage, loot, and riot. Once that starts, the S will really HTF.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I don't think SHTF yet, but; Give it two weeks of no one getting paid, and people getting big fat....

DENIED

.....stamps on everything people try to do to help themselves.

The first week of no pay isn't bad, cause you wouldn't quit a career over no pay, you'd trust your superiors in seeing that they'll handle your money eventually.

It's at the end of the month when the bills start coming that S will combine with the HTF

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
WOW

Do you think this event (if people get wind of it of course) will finally wake people up and hopefully put some things into motion?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Cool Breeze

Well I went to a local protest hear at the senators office. And to be honest, I doubt it. This confrontation will turn violent, there's no doubt. We haven't even been sold next months agenda yet. Theres not enough support, to many people rather than preparing for what's coming, still honestly trust the government to sort it all out.

In the case of CA, and now PA, I sadly say people will do whatever big brother tells them is good for them.

I've done some research into the area up here, just because I wondered why the next G-20 summit was going to be in Pittsburgh.

What started out as going green, became an explanation involving GE, many other financial bigheads, and the entire transcontinental railroad system. Mobile train cars, they can cruise through the street, and just as easily be loaded up onto a train. Scary stuff.

These people really have they're stakes on EVERYTHING.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
This is very very sad indeed. I hope that some people wake up when they start noticing more and more states going bankrupt.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
ty everyone for the replies to confirm what i was told.
next question is why is there no publicity about this?
media controlled by tptb(whcih we all know is true) to keep panic down the way our rights are going down the drain is fast- as one poster said if we excersize our 1st amendent right they are scared it will turn violent and well they should. they are scared to lose their lifestyle but it's ok to ruin everyone elses.
hmm machiavelli anyone?
i ca see my last bit of fecal matter swirling now- almost gone

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Here is an article from CNN Money:

money.cnn.com...

Struggling to resolve a 17-day-old budget impasse, Pennsylvania is withholding pay for 69,000 state employees for time worked after July 1. Workers Friday received only 70% of their salary, covering days worked in June. Starting two weeks from now, they'll get nothing on payday until a state budget is approved.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CINY8

Wow this is going to make some people very angry.

Guess we will just have to wait and see where this goes

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cool Breeze

Guess we will just have to wait and see where this goes

It's gone the Same way several times over the past few years...

... they screw around 'til the last minute, often times 'til days/weeks after the fact, and ultimately concede and come up with a "balanced" budget... and have done so for years.

I'm not attesting to any level or sort of corruption, but more a possible situation where considerations are being given to which "pockets" get lined first. (?)

- budget settled -

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdJohnAdams

It is funny how the cop prolly thinks of himself as something
other than an american ppl.

LOL

He considers himself one of the guardians of the republic.

Another very good reason to get the hell away from the cities
when everything goes to hell in a hand basket.

Scared ppl with guns that are grossly outnumbered will flee or freak.

The ones that freak will just anger the mob more, and it will require
the national guard to be called in, and then we got real problems.

Just like the LA riots ppl will start burning parts of the city, and
it will get out of control and there is not enough water pressure to
fight several simultaneous fires in most cities.

Have your G.O.O.D. or BUGOUT bag ready to go, and have a place
to go that may be for an extended stay.

The US embassies are being told to horde 1 YEAR worth of foreign money
for the coming banking shutdown.

That is what I would target as my worst case scenario at this point.

Good Luck to you all !

[edit on 19-7-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Bugout bag loaded, just waiting for the last straw ya know.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cool Breeze
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Bugout bag loaded, just waiting for the last straw ya know.

Yeah the FDIC announced they are mass hiring, and one of their
higher ppl said that bank closures are about to jump 10 times higher.

She estimated around 500 more bank failures in rapid fire order.

They got a unofficial troubled bank list over at bankimplode.com
that shows the likely victims.

The FDIC is keeping the real list a secret from the public, but with
the quarterly reports you can derive the list yourself, and that is what
they did at bankimplode.

The massive bond sell off may already be under way and perhaps
that is where the 9 trillion the Fed printed went to that they refuse to
report to the senate, LOL.

In any event, we got a cpl of months are most, weeks are more
likely in my books as the word is getting out mainstream now.

new topics

top topics

join