It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Jihad Group Holding Convention This Weekend In Chicago

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

As a fellow Christian, I will pray that you be blessed with some wisdom.

If you are referring to the attacks on 9-11 having anything to do with Muslims, I think you need to ask the good Lord to open your eyes and your mind to the truth.

Muslims are closer to our religion than any other religion. The believe almost the same things that we do. I believe it even states in their text that Christ was the savior, they just do not view him as the son of God. The see God (Allah) as a single entity. There is also their belief in Mohammad as the final prophet of God. Jihad in Islam is in two forms, minor jihad and major jihad (there may be different terms but this is close enough for our conversation). Minor jihad is the battle against evil outside of one's self and is not meant as a means for suicide bombers...etc. Major jihad takes place within and is the battle against evil within the soul. These are not bad things and in all actuality align themselves pretty well with Christianity.

If you think about it, Islam has more in common with Christianity than the Vatican does.

You are doing exactly what atheists do with Christianity. You are judging the entire religion on the few boneheads that they show off in the media to brainwash you with. The atheists do the same thing with the hypocrites in Christianity. I have said it a thousand times before and I reckon I will say it one more time yet:

The top reason atheists exists is because of Christians. Hypocrisy knows no boundaries.

[edit on 7/18/2009 by DarrylGalasso]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
I'm old enough to remember a time when the Soviet Union had the idea to infiltrate and "win" without firing a shot.

here are some exerpts I found on line. . .

by J. R. Nyquist
Weekly Column Published: 04.17.2009

"Bezmenov referred to “a great brainwashing process which goes very slow and is divided into four basic stages, the first one being demoralization….” Here we find a generational process, which takes from 15 to 20 years. To understand the concept of demoralization, let us turn to Robert Greene’s The 33 Strategies of War, Chapter 7: “The secret to motivating people and maintaining their morale is to get them to think less about themselves and more about the group.” In military affairs an army is demoralized the instant the individual soldier thinks only of himself. At that moment, the soldiers begin to run from the battle and the army dissolves. There is no resistance possible when each soldier looks only to his own safety."

I know this is old world soviet stuff, but the principle remains the same. The idealogical approach remains the same.

And this stuff scares the heck out of me.

Despite the difference in Ethnic or National focus, the aforementioned is VERY relevant to the OP's originally posted thread. Just replace "Soviet Union" with "Islam", and you can see exactly what is going on within the Western World now-a-days. Suddenly, we see ourselves as apologists for every small mistake or occurrence which we might happen to be a part of around the Globe, and many leftists would have you even go so far as believing that we are "Evil", or that America is the "Bad Guy Boogeyman".

There used to be a time when people in this Nation stood up for what is right, regardless of World Opinion. Sadly, it appears that we have a growing leftist influence in this Country which opposes such tenacity and Patriotism.

I say Political Correctness be damned, we need to say it how it is, and we need to stand up for our beliefs again.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Ha...ha...are you serious? A Muslim Missionary would be the equivalent to a Christian Missionary, not a Muslim Extremist. Missionaries preach their religion and describe the positive aspects of it to potential converts, whereas the extremists in this case are preaching for an entire takeover and abolishment of western ideals through Militant Islam.

Ha...ha...are you serious? Positive aspects you say? Like fire and brimstone, eternal damnation etc.? The missionaries preach fear. They preach takeover and abolishment of native ways of life through fear. They're just as bad as those who promote militant solutions.

disclaimer: I'm not on anyones side, I think they're all wrong.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarrylGalasso

The top reason atheists exists is because of Christians. Hypocrisy knows no boundaries.

Is it only me who sees the irony in that quote alone?

Unintentional i guess....

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

lol I am glad you caught it.

It was intentional.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

As a fellow Christian, I will pray that you be blessed with some wisdom.

You are doing exactly what atheists do with Christianity. You are judging the entire religion on the few boneheads that they show off in the media to brainwash you with. The atheists do the same thing with the hypocrites in Christianity. I have said it a thousand times before and I reckon I will say it one more time yet:

Althought I SINCERELY appreciate your prayers, as a fellow Christian, I also sincerely hope that you awaken to the reality forming itself before our very eyes. I have known of the many aspects of Islam for many years now, and I happen to even be close friends with a former President of the Student Body Muslim Student Association, so you need not attempt to "teach" me about the religion (Although I appreciate the offer).

Islam does have MANY similarities with Christianity in terms of the Koran, and in terms of its rise and existence, HOWEVER, it is completely the opposite in terms of modern practice and teachings (On many but not all levels). Go speak to the Christians currently being abused, tortured, and killed in Egypt, Palestine, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and various other Islamic nations. Christians in those lands are currently the equivalent to Black Americans in the South during the most vicious days of Jim Crow. Muslims even treat eachother horribly on many levels within our own nation, and I witnessed it first hand when a Sunni friend of mine happened to visit with his friend's Shia Mosque. I have NEVER had an even slightly similar occurrence as a Protestant however, when I happen to visit a Catholic Church.

My comment of the encounters of my American Muslim brethren the World over speaks for itself, and it is a factual aspect which you would be futile to refute or deny. I do feel that an American Muslim of foreign descent is the ultimately qualified and justified individual in criticizing aspects of their very own faith. Maybe you would also like to speak with a good friend of mine who nearly died in a car bomb in Riyadh, and also nearly had his mother kidnapped by the Religious Police there (Because her Islam was not THEIR Islam).

Islam has many variations, and fortunately the majority of those followers which I have known in the United States are great people, but it does not change the fact that the religion is growing increasingly violent, fanatic, and ignorant.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Regardless of whom attacked whom first, this is the way the US is viewed, and it is a far cry from just being these Western European countries of which you speak. It is indeed the world, sir. The whole world. We had a certain president for eight years, who represented us to the world at large, and how the world viewed that president, is how they viewed the rest of us. Sure, it was by proxy, but they held and still do hold that view of us. Ignorant, greedy, war mongers. Yeah, its unfair, but to the world, we elected such a man, twice. Therefore we must be like that man. Irrational, yes. But we have this farcical system where it "appears" we vote for our leaders as a nation, and thus we must face the worlds criticism as a nation.

As for Atheism, yeah, i'd call 10% of 6 billion a very large movement.

Love and Peace

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

Ha...ha...are you serious? Positive aspects you say? Like fire and brimstone, eternal damnation etc.? The missionaries preach fear. They preach takeover and abolishment of native ways of life through fear. They're just as bad as those who promote militant solutions.

disclaimer: I'm not on anyones side, I think they're all wrong.

Well, if you feel that "They're all wrong", then you will obviously not understand the differences. It is one thing to preach against committing sins, such as what you mostly mentioned in your reply, because that deals with the punishment awaiting us from God, not from the hands of our fellow man. However, when you suddenly begin to preach about making others bow down to your beliefs through sword and war, such as we are currently witnessing within the "Jihadi" movement, then you suddenly take the former aspect of "God's Punishment" and twist it, and form it into an excuse for you taking such matters into your own hands.

I have yet to ever witness a "Missionary" convert anyone through arms and force, and I have actually had the great pleasure of knowing quite a few Missionaries.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by M157yD4wn

Regardless of whom attacked whom first, this is the way the US is viewed, and it is a far cry from just being these Western European countries of which you speak. It is indeed the world, sir. The whole world. We had a certain president for eight years, who represented us to the world at large, and how the world viewed that president, is how they viewed the rest of us. Sure, it was by proxy, but they held and still do hold that view of us. Ignorant, greedy, war mongers. Yeah, its unfair, but to the world, we elected such a man, twice. Therefore we must be like that man. Irrational, yes. But we have this farcical system where it "appears" we vote for our leaders as a nation, and thus we must face the worlds criticism as a nation.

As for Atheism, yeah, i'd call 10% of 6 billion a very large movement.

Love and Peace

It is NOT the world, because I have been overseas on multiple occasions, and I happen to know many close friends and acquaintances from ALL over the globe, and they have always held consistent views which remain fairly unanimous amongst their people. As for POTUS Bush, he was actually quite admired by many people the world over. I would like to think that if you step aside from Mainstream Media reports and Internet information for a few moments, you might actually bear witness to a truth far in opposition to that which you mention and succumb to.

As for the Atheist "Movement", it numbers between 3% to 10%, and that is miniscule compared to the 90% to 97% who hold religious beliefs and faith in God. The vast majority of those so called Atheists reside within extremely liberalized Western Europe (Minus Spain), certain segments of the United States, and that is about it. Even Post-Soviet Russia has witnessed an explosive increase in Christians, and openly practicing ones at that, so they essentially counter any increase in the opposition.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I'll tell you what. You without sin go ahead and be their judge.

Personally, I will defer that honor to whom it belongs.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
if true this gathering should be protected by the constitution considering participants are citezens. If one doesnt like it then one should legally protest. Nuke em. Ya know ok calming, if idiots want to participate in such tomfoolery man whatever.think brother Israel was tough on Gaza? Keep fu^#in around. Think for one scond ethnic cleansing is out of the question? Its f&%ki#g not. If an american wants to say they haate the gov,, they can thats what amerika means. So if a bunch of angry muslims want to rant and rave, its cool ,,as long as they are citezens and they dont get out of line. They act stupid then treat em stupid. Racism isnt illegal last time I checked. How many times have you heard lets kill all thbe 'n-word's jews and fags? Right here in america. Some right here on ats have probably said or participated in these types of convos.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

MW you are a self confessed muslim and anti-semitic. There is nothing you can say in defense of your terrorist brethen that will hold any credibility in this post.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DarrylGalasso

According to an ex-terroist turned Christian the two religions are direct opposites of each other( God's War on Terror: Islam, Prophecy and the Bible by Walid Shoebat and Joel Richardson ). Radical Islam wants to re-establish its caliphate with the 12th imam as its leader. This man will become the antichrist and will be aided by the return of "jesus christ" or false prophet who will perform "miracles" enough to fool many people.

IMO Christianity will be persecuted, as well as Hebrews, when this caliphate is in power. Radical muslims will become the army of the antichrist.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
I do not make blaspheming remarks of people's faith nor do I base my retorts on fatuous information.

Telling the truth isn't 'blaspheming' and the information isn't fatuous.
Truth is truth. Deal with it.

edited to add ... remember when you said this?

Originally posted by masonwatcher
I can honestly say you come across as slightly delusional and very uneducated. I also think you cannot possibly substantiate a single thing in your comment largely because of your illiteracy followed by the made up nature of you belief system.

Found here

This place is littered with comments like that from you. They pretty much cancel out what you just said about never make 'blaspheming remarks of people's faith' or that you never 'base retorts on fatuous information.'

Originally posted by mr-lizard
you cleverly dodge that accusation by being vaguely insulting and passive-defensive.

Yep. Passive/aggressive. It's really obvious.

Muslims are closer to our religion than any other religion. The believe almost the same things that we do.

Not even close.

If you think about it, Islam has more in common with Christianity than the Vatican does.

Catholics are Christian. Muslims are not.
If YOU think about it, you'd see that Islam is NOTHING like Christianity.

OY

[edit on 7/19/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
well the muslims are not only belligerant in nature but also there religion teaches them to kill and destroy in that way they spread there religion...... i am speaking for a fact as i live in a muslim country.... being a non muslim you can see through there veil of hypocricy there is hate and carnage for all the non muslims.... but alas US doesnt understand that.... plz people of united states you are breeding snakes and scorpians in your own home ..... try to get rid of it or in other wise it will be too late

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Actually Islam does have some similarities with Christianity. He isn't saying they are exactly the same though.

I found a website for you to take a look at.

Islam/Christianity similarities

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Muslims have a different god them the Christians do.
Christians (in general) have a trinity god. (Father, son, holy spirit).
The Muslim god has only one god-head.
The poster pretty much said Muslims are more Christian than Catholics.
That's absurd. Catholics are Christian.
They wrote the bible. It's in their creed.
They acknowledge Christ's divinity and his death on the cross for salvation.
They acknowledge his rising from the dead, etc etc.

Muslims do not acknowledge those things.

I will look at your link a bit later.
I have to get off the computer for a while.
Real life (off the computer) is calling ....

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by Kram09

I will look at your link a bit later.

I will hold you to that. Because i have a feeling you won't look at it.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
I will hold you to that. Because i have a feeling you won't look at it.

No .. seriously ... I've gotta go. I hope to be back this afternoon but there are three of us all wanting to use the one computer in the house and I've got laundry to do and etc etc etc ...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Fair enough. I believe we can perhaps compromise in our little discussion by saying that christians and muslims have a different perception as to who or what God is. I do not think Christianity and Islam are the same, just that they share some similarities.

It is a shame that in this world we can't look to what we have in common, rather than what makes us different.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join