It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Jihad Group Holding Convention This Weekend In Chicago

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Makes sense it'd be taking place in Chicago, doesn't it?

Hizb ut-Tahrir: 'Jihad . . . is legal, . . . an obligation'

Since the Chicago press has been largely silent on the upcoming Hizb ut-Tahrir conference in Oak Lawn (their first major meeting in the U.S.), citizens who may be concerned that an Islamic supremacist/indoctrination group is meeting in their backyard are forced to research this group ourselves.

They may want to start here. The Heritage Foundation issued a report on Hizb ut-Tahrir in 2003, calling it "an emerging threat to US interests in Central Asia." An excerpt:

Hizb has called for a jihad against the U.S., its allies, and moderate Muslim states. The purpose of the jihad is "to find and kill the Kufar (non-believers)," in fact rejecting the Islamic notion of Greater Jihad against one's own as a sin.19

In documents drafted before 9/11, Hizb leaders accused the United States of imposing hegemony on the world. After 9/11, Hizb claimed that the U.S. had declared war against the global Muslim community (Umma), had established an international alliance under the "pretext" of fighting terrorism, and was reinforcing its grip on the countries of Central Asia. Hizb further claimed that the U.S. accused Osama bin Laden of being responsible for the 9/11 attacks "without any evidence or proof."

Happy weekend, Chicago!

[edit on 7/18/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

You do realise that if what you say is true that the authorities would clamp down very hard?

This comment is from an extremist blog and has no bearing on reality.

This post is a terms and conditions violation and will probably be deleted any minute now. BYE!

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Since when did a legitamate news story run the risk of getting booted from this site?

Has ATS gone PC?

Tell me, if the OP had opened this as a glowing tribute to Islam, would you have complained or applauded?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Hitting a little too close to home, mw?

reply to post by mikerussellus

mw is an anti-Judaism and pro-Muslim member. And, of course, he thinks the board administration is the same.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Ahhh, I see. So he's a staffer at MSNBC?

Back to topic, I bet you couldn't swing a dead cat at that hotel without hitting an FBI agent!

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Good correlation, mike!

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher

This post is a terms and conditions violation and will probably be deleted any minute now. BYE!

Please quote the violation for everyone's reference.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Now, it is coming out of the shadows and openly hosting a July 19 conference entitled,

"The Fall of Capitalism and the Rise of Islam," at a posh Hilton hotel in a suburb of Chicago.

Phares said that Hizb ut-Tahrir, rather than training members to carry out terrorist acts like Al Qaeda, focuses instead on indoctrinating youths between ages of 9 and 18 to absorb the ideology that calls for the formation of an empire — or "khilafah" — that will rule according to Islamic law and condones any means to achieve it, including militant jihad.

Hizb ut-Tahrir often says that its indoctrination "prepares the infantry" that groups like Al Qaeda take into battle, Phares said.

"It's like a middle school that prepares them to be recruited by the high school, which is Al Qaeda," he said. "One would compare them to Hitler youth. ... It's an extremely dangerous organization."

Phares said Hizb ut-Tahrir has strongholds in Western countries, including Britain, France and Spain, and clearly is looking to strengthen its base in the U.S.

"The aim of this conference is to recruit within the Muslim community in America," he said. "The Middle East governments go after them, but in the U.S. they are protected, so having a base here is going to help their cells around the world."

"The Fall of Capitalism and the Rise of Islam,"?

Certainly sounds harmless to me.

www.foxnews.com...

Although the group dismisses democracy - the theme of Sunday's conference is the "Fall of Capitalism and the Rise of Islam" - they hope to elect one Muslim worldwide ruler, or caliph, and hold that person accountable.

The conference, widely believed to be the first of its kind in America, includes lectures titled "The Suffering Under Capitalism" and "Ownership and Distribution of Wealth in Islam."

The Fall of Capitalism and the Rise of Islam under the Leadership of His Holiness , or caliph, Barack Hussein Obama

www.southtownstar.com...

"The Suffering Under Capitalism" and "Ownership and Distribution of Wealth in Islam."

Distribution of Wealth?

Where have I heard that before?

He said the group's "conspiracy theorist" teachings aren't "grounded in authentic Islam or rooted in reality."

Now more clear picture begins to emerge, I always thought Islam spread conspiracy theories, makes one wonder who are the real,
SHEEP?

And while people are busy helping Islam spread it's anti west ,anti-Christian propaganda, in the future your children will be oppressed, have fun.

Sunday's conference was recently canceled when its original host, the Aqsa School in Bridgeview, retracted its invitation after school officials said Hizb ut-Tahrir misrepresented its intentions.

A representative of the school said the group said it wanted to host a bazaar to sell food and clothes, but when school officials learned more about the planned event they declined to host it.

[edit on 103131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Please quote the violation for everyone's reference.

Exactly.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
reply to post by masonwatcher

Hitting a little too close to home, mw?

mw is an anti-Judaism and pro-Muslim member. And, of course, he thinks the board administration is the same.

I am not anti-Judaism, that's a lie. However, I admit that I am pro-Muslim because I am Muslim. This does not mean that I support acts of terrorism against civilians whether it is from the zionist state or extremist Muslims.

This thread is a T&C violation because it is from a blog. Not because of the opinions. Of course I think the opinions expressed is close to incitement and patently untrue, nevertheless, that is not the issue. Posting threads based on blogs is a T&C violation. Savvy?

T&C 1c and 1g

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 103131p://am3115 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Ahhh, I see. So he's a staffer at MSNBC?

Back to topic, I bet you couldn't swing a dead cat at that hotel without hitting an FBI agent!

@ the msnbc quote! Good one!

As far as the swinging the cat at the FBI agents there you would most likely hit a few. BUT the "one's" actually watching them you would not be able to tell from a regular person as they are trained in the most strict ways to fit in.
If they are truly a jihad group they are being "allowed" to meet in the area for a reason and are most surely being watched and listened to with the up most care! After all we have had over 6 years to get a man or woman on the inside. If we had not gotten one in they would not be onto having this meeting in public or on US soil for that matter.
Aside from that it could also be that they chose a very "bad" name to use; in these days if you get what I mean .
A whole slew of new organizations in the past few decades have gone and changed their names due to misunderstandings. ( bad name choice's can totally kill good intentions for real) But frankly with a name like that you would think they would have changed it or assumed a secondary org to carry out meeting's.

We have been rather keen on watching ANY group foreign or domestic that has anything even close to what is now considered a group of people promoting murder's for what ever reason or religious need.
Meeting here on US soil with a name like that is just asking for trouble. IMO that is. For all we know this could be someone's attempt to just make them look bad and have used the name out of reference to make them look like a bunch of what we now call terrorist's , homicide bomber's extremist's etc. you get the jist....

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
YOU GUYS!!! This is what the face of jihad is all about!!!

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 18-7-2009 by patientobserver]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

This thread is a T&C violation because it is from a blog. Not because of the opinions. Of course I think the opinions expressed is close to incitement and patently untrue, nevertheless, that is not the issue. Posting threads based on blogs is a T&C violation. Savvy?

And yet you back up one of your threads with the YouTube equivalent of a blog.

Guess we'll have to see how the real moderators react to it, won't we?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Meeting here on US soil with a name like that is just asking for trouble. IMO that is. For all we know this could be someone's attempt to just make them look bad and have used the name out of reference to make them look like a bunch of what we now call terrorist's , homicide bomber's extremist's etc. you get the jist....

Well said! You just have to have an Arabic name for bigots to jump out of their trees to through around allegations.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
www.islamicinformationcenter.org...

Over the past several years, it has becoming increasingly important for the Muslim community to engage the United States. Specifically this convention will focus on professionalism, civic engagement, citizenship and activism.

The ALIM Convention is dedicated to coming up with actionable ideas, plans, and initiatives. At the conclusion of the convention, attendees will return to their home communities with specific plans of action, and the Islamic Information Center will help to coordinate these nationwide initiatives throughout the year.

This convention includes site visits to critical US government agencies and meetings with government officials. The purpose of these meetings will be twofold. First, it will help facilitate communication in such a way where attendees can learn about programs from the government to engage the Muslim community, and voice their concerns to the government regarding issues of importance to the Muslim community. Second, these meetings will help showcase the fact that all it takes for Muslims to advance in this country, and help improve this country, is direct activism, and open communication. Often times, there is an unspoken sentiment that efforts to engage the government are either not worthwhile, or overly difficult to accomplish: IIC hopes to prove otherwise with this convention.

The tentative list of site visits will include the United States Capitol, the Arab American Anti Discrimination Committee (ADC), the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), Amnesty International, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU).

Each day, after the site visits, the convention will return to the four star accommodations at the Hyatt Regency on Capitol Hill, where various panels and workshops will take place. During these programs, attendees will work together to synthesize goals and strategy to enact throughout the year. These meetings will not be on hypothetical topics – but actual plans to use the knowledge learned at the convention to help Muslims locally and abroad!

Unfortunately, this will be a limited attendance event. That is to say, there will not be hundreds of attendees, but instead attendance will be focused on activists throughout the community. To that affect, IIC invites you to apply for attendance (don’t worry, it’s not a complicated process – we just want to make sure that the convention is a good match for you!). After you submit your application, IIC's Registration Team will be in quick contact with you!

Terrorist Hunter: The Extraordinary Story of a Woman Who Went Undercover to Infiltrate the Radical Islamic Groups Operating in America

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247924414&sr=8-1

From Publishers Weekly
The author of this gripping account, whose identity, for obvious reasons, must remain secret, has some shocking revelations to make regarding innocuous-sounding Islamic groups that she says serve as fronts for Hamas, Palestine Islamic Jihad and even al-Qaeda; about FBI ineptitude in investigating these groups; and perhaps worst, about government suspicion of those, like herself, who are investigating this network. Some will dismiss as paranoid her claim that there is a Saudi-funded movement to gain "Muslim world domination," yet readers will follow along in fearful fascination as she slowly assembles the puzzle pieces of a complex, interlocking group of organizations and traces their links to terrorist groups and, ultimately, to a "Saudi connection."

[edit on 103131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II

And yet you back up one of your threads with the YouTube equivalent of a blog.

Guess we'll have to see how the real moderators react to it, won't we?

I see what is your beef!

Instead of calling me an anti-Semite, you opted to call me antiJudaism. At least their is some change happening. Zionists can be moved

Youtube is not a blog. It has recordings of radio and television news. It is like an archive of news clippings. People can post their own opinions on Youtube but I haven't posted their 'blogs' on my threads. ATS has not commented against Youtube, they even have a button to link YT.

[edit on 103131p://am3140 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

When a pro-terrorist organization announces its intention to launch a financial jihad against the West, it is well worth learning their methods --- especially when they promote a religious pseudo-financial scheme through largely unregulated practices purported to be safer than the conventional. But ultimately, the new assets are constructed with as little, and perhaps considerably less, transparency than the last wave of toxic assets that hit the economy, with catastrophic results.

The Muslim organization Hizb Ut Tahrir capitalizes on Muslim Brotherhood founder Hassan al-Banna's 20th century derivative, encouraging followers to build a parallel financial structure. Al-Banna envisioned the resultant Shari'a-compliant finance as a “back door” into Western financial markets and institutions through which to supplant liberty and prosperity with Islam. Muslim clerics including MB spiritual leader Yusuf al-Qaradawi promote Shari'a finance as generally safer than Western investments, a diversification method to steady personal assets -- and a stable economic system that should replace capitalism. Call it “financial replacement theology,” if you wish.

In July, Hizb Ut Tahrir plans to launch its U.S. arm with a huge Chicago “Khalifah conference” heralding the coming Caliphate and global Islamic supremacism. After 9/11,

Germany and Sweden outlawed Hizb Ut Tahrir.

In July 2005, Pakistan's then-president Pervez Musharaf warned Britain not to tolerate its continued U.K. presence. But in the U.S., Hizb Ut Tahrir has proudly announced intentions to replace capitalism with Islam.

www.frontpagemag.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I think the Terrorist Hunter should pay more attention to the JDL, dancing Israelis, agents of foreign interests and sayanim operating in the US.

Say do you suppose the Terrorist Hunter could scare up the identity of the anthrax poisoner?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I believe this is one of the most important topics I have seen posted on this forum recently, no wonder mason watcher wants it shut down.

Shut down and silence and humiliate anyone daring to expose Islam by demeaning remarks.

The real conspiracy is right before our eyes.

In July, Hizb Ut Tahrir plans to launch its U.S. arm with a huge Chicago “Khalifah conference” heralding the coming Caliphate and global Islamic supremacism. After 9/11, Germany and Sweden outlawed Hizb Ut Tahrir. In July 2005, Pakistan's then-president Pervez Musharaf warned Britain not to tolerate its continued U.K. presence. But in the U.S., Hizb Ut Tahrir has proudly announced intentions to replace capitalism with Islam.

Founded five years into Jordan's illegal occupation of East Jerusalem in 1953, Hizb Ut Tahrir labels itself “peaceful” but strategically objects to violence only for the time being. The group sympathizes with the Muslim Brotherhood, considers Europe's democracies “a farce” -- and deems the U.S., UK, and Israel works of “the devil” -- and seeks to impose Islamic law (Shari'a) worldwide.

Major banks from Citigroup, HSBC, Chase, Bank of America and Lloyds TSB -- probably unaware of the etymology of Islamic finance -- established subsidiaries offering Shari'a-compliant products. Mutual funds at Principal Financial Group, UBS, Amana Funds and SEI Investments, among others, followed suit. Especially late last year as the devastating toll of sub-prime mortgage lending mounted, clients were assured that Islamic banking -- in many respects a dangerous financial fad -- was much safer than other banks and investment houses.

Yet bad economic news has not escaped the supposedly secure Islamic investing sector. Islamic securities can also (like all other asset classes) go into default, moreover. Holders of East Cameron Partners LP's “safe,” asset-backed Islamic bonds (sukuk) now line up before a Louisiana bankruptcy judge with all the other hapless creditors of the Texas-based Easter Cameron Oil and Gas Co. that filed for Chapter 11 reorganization last October.

The East Cameron default was no one-time Islamic finance anomaly, either. In May, Kuwait's Investment Dar Co. -- 50 percent owner of the Aston Martin Lagonda luxury car manufacturer -- defaulted on a $100 million sukuk. And in June Saad Group Islamic bonds traded at a quarter of their “face” value -- that is, the the roughly $650 billion price at which issued by Saudi billionaire Maan al-Sanea's company. The Saad Trading Contracting & Financial Services subsidiary, like East Cameron, went into financial restructuring, aka bankruptcy, after the Saudi Central bank froze the al-Sanea family accounts.

As I've often previously warned, events now show that Shari'a banking may prove more susceptible to market dislocations than other financial sectors.

Islamic bonds employ “some of the most complex” Western structured finance tools ever created. They transform liquid, traceable cash flows from interest-bearing debt into illiquid assets -- that cannot be easily unwound. In the 1980s, bond sponsors transformed trillions of dollars in cash flow claims on illiquid real assets into liquid, traceable mortgage-backed “pass-throughs” and “collateralized debt obligations” (CDOs).

The Muslim Brotherhood quickly re-branded the “special purpose entities” (SPEs) -- that kind that, coincidentally, sank Enron -- as Islamic “special-purpose vehicles (SPVs).” Shari’a banks use these vehicles to “restructure interest-bearing debt, collecting interest [as] rent or [a] price mark-up.” Issuers of sukuk al-ijara -- Shari'a bonds like those now in default -- sell hard assets to SPVs, which sell share certificates to fund their investment and in turn lease the purchased assets back to the sukuk issuers, collecting the principal plus interest that they then pass to sukuk investors as “rent.” But now, sukuk issuers are defaulting on “rent,” implying that SPVs can't sell or return property to issuers when their sukuks mature.

www.frontpagemag.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
How is this any different from christian missionaries? Dont they also have right for free speech and the right to assemble?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join