It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Apologizes to India for Global Warming

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Despite assuming that man is also responsible for Global Warming (and i DONT want to discuss this issue here).. Yeah.. it IS pretty stupid that apology..

USA are not the only culprit.. all nations are.. and EVEN if they were they would not have to apologize evertime they go abroad.. Geezz..

We are all humans and it was the problem we created that provided us the lifes we have today.. So it was not all for nothing.. Instead of apologizing for something that does not need apologies.. Start acting! Make the push for renewables, etc..

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Ya know... even supposing what she said were true (she seems to think so anyway)... isn't it kind of silly to apologize for something that you continue to do?

That's like my kid eating in the living room, getting crumbs all over the place, and apologizing to me in the middle of it... and telling her little brother not to do it...?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Since she's going THIS far in helping Obama's Apology tour, why doesn't she just kneel down in front of all the men in the audience and start giving them head? Might as well as she's already selling herself out and selling her country out like a $1 w**re

God you democrats sicken me to the core! Nothing but a bunch of globalist hippies who can't seem to figure out how the heck to get your sh*t straight! Blaming america for everything, then expecting a hand out from the same country instead of growing a pair and going back to work in the real world!

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Yer we have to fight a war on terror that america manufactured! So some elitist scum bag's can get a few points up on there share portfolio's! america constantly interferes in the politics of other nations even it's allies! They cause a stock market crash and everyone has to suffer for it! But for the most part people like Americans it's just to bad that your government makes you look like a bunch of dicks!

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by FlyersFan

But the United States and other developed countries, mine included haven't exactly helped have they? Its only now that we are starting to pull our finger out. Too little too late in my opinion.

Well seeing how it's been getting warmer since the last Ice age ended, I think they should have picked up on the global warming thing a long time ago. Aren't we all to blame for that big yellow ball in the sky?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
We haven't lived long enough to judge whether or not Global Warming is natural or artificial. I hate it when people just say Global Warming is real or it's BS. It shows ignorance.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I don't care who's to blame for global pollution of the air water and land. Its horribly toxic and I would hope people in power would try and educate a horrific worldwide effecting pollution machine India is about to become.

I don't trust nor do I like the Clinton's but the thought of India and China putting a car in everyone of its peoples garage scares the piss out of me.

If they are half as careless as any of the western world has been we are all going to be cancer patients soon.

I mean crap this way of life is unsustainable.

Edit to add: Just the fresh water alone that gets ruined through manufacturing is staggering let alone whats going on with he atmosphere and oceans.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
The US has some of the safest industry regulations in the World.. For a Nation of our size, we contribute very little pollution compared to other large Nations like..... INDIA?!

That apology was probably the dumbest thing I have EVER seen a politician do... that includes Carters antics as well..

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I really hope that soon, before it's too late and hundreds of laws go into effect and taxes skyrocket, that people realize that global warming is no more than a money making scam. Just as big as a money making scam as the Federal Reserve.

All she is doing by apologizing is making it seem more and more like a valid thing. By admitting we made a mistake, it is as admitting that it is real. (although it is not.) By her "humility" it makes it seem that much more real.

I do love though, how they(environmentalists, Al Gore, The government) compare those who deny the existence of global warming to denying the holocaust ever happened. "Oh, you don't believe global warming? Then I guess you think the holocaust never happened! You sir, then are a Nazi and hate the Jews. Oh, and i bet you think there was never slavery either, so i guess you hate blacks too. YOU ARE A RACIST!!!"
(sorry, a little off topic, let me get back on track here) Demonizing those who challenge it. Like you are some heartless bastard. Condemning those in the scientific community who challenge the idea, even if they just want to prove or disprove it, and barring them from the scientific community.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Obama and company are traitors. You never, ever, admit guilt for anything on the world stage. Just who the hell do they think they are working for anyway?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
"Global Warming" was an idea invented in a corporate think tank, taxing it the entire works.

It was invented so we can actually argue the validity of it and never get anything worthwhile done to slow pollution.

Its a strawman.

They never believed it would get them more taxes, that is the main portion to get most to oppose it, the rest is so it can be debated.

You cant debate pollution. You cannot debate the fact that we are losing thousands of plant species and animal species. You cannot debate that we have major life support systems in trouble. The are absolute numbers that prove all this.

I thought ATSers were smarter than that.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by soldiermom
And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't India one of the three largest polluters in the world? I think it's a little too late for her to ask them not to repeat the same "mistakes" we've supposedly made.

You are wrong. India is like 4th or 5th on the Carbon Emissions Chart after US, China, Russia and Japan. Also, per capita India has one of the lowest Carbon emissions.

www.nationmaster.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

This is typically condescending BS that pisses off all the developing countries!

On one hand there are American households that have 2 or 3 hummers parked in the drive way and a nation that thinks its okay to live 50 miles from work with more cars than people and on another you have a country where 1 in 1000 have a car with many people lacking basic amenities like uninterrupted electricity etc and Americans saying that they are "pollution machines" asking them to tie their hands behind their backs while trying to feed and cloth their people?? Talk about the Pot calling the Kettle black ? Is there no limit to the hypocrisy ?

Oh and the thought that those people might want to drive cars and live the life you think you deserve here in America scares you ?? Why do you think they should all be walking to work whlle Americans can drive 2 hummers to the family ? Its okay that 300 million Americans have nearly 1 billion vehicles between them but shudder the thought that 1 billion Indians all get to drive cars!

If 300 million in the US can drive cars and can have 2-3 hummers in their drive way the Indians or the Chinese are not going to stop at anything less. If Americans and the West die of Cancer, they really wouldnt care would they ? Just like how they feel that the West doesnt care enough to curb their own excess before asking them to "shape up" !

[edit on 21-7-2009 by IAF101]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
Let me actually show some of the things the people in India do..

Firstly, the second image is of China.

Secondly, if you want a picture show, how about this one:

Same pollution picture of the US Eastern Seaboard . See the clearer air to north in Canada and out at sea ?

There is a LOT more dirty pictures of America on the net than you will ever find of India, if a picture show and tell is what you want, you arent going to win.

Lastly, America is already an advanced industrialized country and the US is doing so poorly how do you expect India to do any better when they are poorer and have a lot more people? Statistics dont lie. The USA produces more CO2 emissions than any other nation both in total production and on a per capita basis even with all the resources and technologies at its disposal .

It seems crazy to throw stones at India and China when we Americans live in glass houses.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I DO think humans have had an effect on the climate. But have you ever been to China or India? I was in China about ten years ago, also India eight years ago, and the air in Bejing was SO BAD my face hurt, not to mention my lungs. And I am not joking.. As long as people are not dead in the street, (at least I diden't see any), they don't think they have a pollution problem.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101

This is typically condescending BS that pisses off all the developing countries!
[snip]
Oh and the thought that those people might want to drive cars and live the life you think you deserve here in America scares you ?? Why do you think they should all be walking to work whlle Americans can drive 2 hummers to the family ? Its okay that 300 million Americans have nearly 1 billion vehicles between them but shudder the thought that 1 billion Indians all get to drive cars!

Yes it does scare me. I make no excuses for America we are the worst offender right now.

I am talking about the future.

What kind of wasteland do you think this world will be if China and India abuse the planet per capita that America has done already?

We need to shape up in the USA and at the same time warn others not to go the same route.

If I walked into a mineshaft I would like to be able to warn others about that mine shaft so they dont do the same. Maybe you should read between the lines more?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101

On one hand there are American households that have 2 or 3 hummers parked in the drive way and a nation that thinks its okay to live 50 miles from work with more cars than people and on another you have a country where 1 in 1000 have a car with many people lacking basic amenities like uninterrupted electricity etc and Americans saying that they are "pollution machines" asking them to tie their hands behind their backs while trying to feed and cloth their people?? Talk about the Pot calling the Kettle black ? Is there no limit to the hypocrisy ?

If 300 million in the US can drive cars and can have 2-3 hummers in their drive way the Indians or the Chinese are not going to stop at anything less. If Americans and the West die of Cancer, they really wouldnt care would they ? Just like how they feel that the West doesnt care enough to curb their own excess before asking them to "shape up" !

Would you rather I exchanged my nice modest suburban home and live in near a ghetto so I can go to work? Trade in my cars?
Honestly... who the F*CK do you think you are to come here and tell people what they can or can't do? Are any laws being broken? No! So what's the problem? Honestly, you hippies are getting just as annoying and radical as the door knocking, bible thumping evangelists! You've been suckered into a cult and you don't even know it.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Does anyone ever wonder when someone is going to apologise to the American people for stealing their homes, jobs, and retirements?
Didn't think so

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Question
Would you rather I exchanged my nice modest suburban home and live in near a ghetto so I can go to work? Trade in my cars?
Honestly... who the F*CK do you think you are to come here and tell people what they can or can't do? Are any laws being broken? No! So what's the problem? Honestly, you hippies are getting just as annoying and radical as the door knocking, bible thumping evangelists! You've been suckered into a cult and you don't even know it.

Can you at least bother with reading my post before you ramble on inanely ??

If you are capable of reading and probably even understanding you would realize that I am merely pointing out the foolish hypocrisy of demanding 1 billion people "suck it up" and deny them their right to basic amenities and a the pursuit of happiness that we take for granted while we Americans live grotesque lives of plenty with reckless abandon.
And no most people in India dont live in ghettos, just as most Americans dont live in trailer parks and come out inbred!

[edit on 27-7-2009 by IAF101]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join