It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do your gmail ad's say about you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
My stupid self created a gmail account before I knew how the technology read your emails and tracked your web browsing history to analyze you and then put advertisements in beside your emails that it thinks you might want.
Here were 3 ad's by a few of my emails

Paint Reborn Baby Dolls
Do you love making arts & crafts? Great new hobby! Start for $49.95.
www.secristdolls.com

Law Enforcement Helmets
Factory Direct Prices on all of your Police Helmet needs.
www.helmetprousa.com

LA Police Gear
This is where you buy Tactical Gear Free Shipping - Better Service
www.LAPoliceGear.com

I'm embarassed about the first one, I have no idea what google read to think I might want that. But the other 2 are creepy, I have never been to a website looking at riot gear. I do read a lot of conspiracy theory websites like infowars and above top secret, but I'm mostly on my college of pharmacy website. My fear is that google will be used to label the domestic terrorists and I might be one of them.

Share your thoughts and gmail ad's if you created an account, which I wish I wouldn't have.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
nvm

[edit on 7/18/09 by arxgen]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

I wouldn't think that the ads google picks for you will put you on a terrorist list. It may however put you on a list of people to look into, a kind of "possible deviant" list. Once they have deeply looked into you (browsing history, library records, job history, known affiliates, and so on) they may deem you as a possible terrorist. For them to look into you is not that difficult to do, it is a very scary thought but true non the less.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cool Breeze

I'm sure I'm being watched, or have at least triggered some mechanisms to put me on a list. I'll find out the next time I fly.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Its based on words it doesn't always make sense.
All those words aren't from the same sentences its keywords.
Baby doll paint helmet etc its just words.

top topics

join