It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keyword Conspiracy - Google or is it Poogle?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Dear All
We're forming a website around what Google really means regarding keywords.

How it seem to us is this: you (you being any website owner) pay(bid) for these keywords and then Google pay you to have them on your site - simple?

This simple formula has just netted Google revenues growth of 3% to 5.52 billion US dollars (£3.36 billion) marked Google's second straight quarter of single-digit revenues growth. The figure had not fallen below a 30% gain until the final three months of last year.

Simple.

If you feel you can make a sensible contribution or even your experience of this phenomena - please contact me via the website www.keywordconpiracy.com and I'll be eternally grateful.

Thanks

Campaigner

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by campaigner
How it seem to us is this: you (you being any website owner) pay(bid) for these keywords and then Google pay you to have them on your site - simple?

1. That's not how it works. You're jamming together Adwords and Adsense.

You do indeed bid for keywords through Google's Adwords service. This lets your ad show up on their search network or the content network. People click on these ads, they go to your landing page, maybe you make a sale, and you get billed for their click.

Adsense, on the other hand, is the opposite of Adwords. When you, as a website publisher, put Google Adsense ads on your site, if your visitors click on these ads, the advertiser gets billed for their click and that amount is split between you and Google.

Two separate things.

You do not get paid just for having Google ads on your site. If no one clicks, you get no money.

2. I checked out your site and this is one of the things I found right below a block of Adsense ads...

"...what I'm going to do seems pretty blatant but click on any of these ads then left click and view source."

That, my friend, is very much a blatant violation of Google's terms of service regarding Adsense. You cannot ask your visitors to click on any of Google's ads. You can and will be banned from the Adsense program if they catch you. And, if you have any competitors who see this...you can almost guarantee they will rat you out.

3. This post, which I predict will be deleted, is an outright piece of spam. It has nothing to do with any real or imagined conspiracy. It's an ad for your made-for-Adsense website.

4. (And most insignificantly) You can't left-click to view source...you have to right-click to do that.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by Praetorian Guard]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Ummm Yeah, well about that I don't know.

But you're now a member of the best website around, so get to posting and have some fun

new topics

join