It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jurassic Park

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Could you actually make a Jurassic Park. I figure the whole idea in the movie seemed to work. I thought it would be easier to just get the DNA off of bones. But anyhow would it be possible to clone these dinos. If so could we make a park out of this? And what would it take to contain them short of nuking the whole park?

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Nope, it wasn't real science. The DNA in mosquitos trapped in amber is far too degraded to clone a mosquito, let alone a dinosaur. And while a scientist has claimed to have recovered some DNA-related proteins from a dinosaur bone, his claim is not accepted by most of his peers. Whether he recovered proteins or not, recovering useful DNA from bones that old is virtually impossible.

Even in the case of wooly mammoths, where we have whole, frozen bodies, the chance of being able to clone one successfully is next to none, because even frozen DNA degrades over time.

And the whole Jurassic Park problem could have been solved by a little intelligent park design and some judicious spaying of the animals.

Here's some links to related threads:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
well the closest to making a jurrassic park in real life was when scientists found a mastodon fully preserved in ice they operated on the genitals and used them to inseminate an african or asian elaphant(i ddunno how) and they have a cross between a elaphant and mastodon

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
They were planning on doing this, but it never happened. They couldn't get any viable cells.

Edit: It was Japanese scientists back in 1998.

[Edited on 9-5-2004 by glee]

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I still think a Mammoth will be cloned within the next 10 years...give science a smidget more time...

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
I still think a Mammoth will be cloned within the next 10 years...give science a smidget more time...

I THink a human will be cloned fully within the next 10 years.....

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

I THink a human will be cloned fully within the next 10 years.....

Clonaid (Founded by the Raelians), state that they have already done it.

13 cloned babies are now alive thanks to our dedicated team of doctors and scientists. They are all healthy and no problem has been found in any one of them that could be attributed to their mode of conception.
The 8 babies born in February and March of this year are located in Australia, Mexico ( 2 of them), Brazil, Spain, Italy, England and Hong Kong,
Each month, between 10 and 15 implantations will be performed in our laboratory.

I read Rael's first book and found it to be somewhat difficult to digest. Basically, he is saying 'Look how special I am - I spoke to the greys and they say I'm their emissary'.

So, have they cloned humans ? They say yes, but I'm not sure.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
we could just ask those crazy reptilians to bring back those dinosaurs
novanica

top topics

join