It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Thoughts On Death...Care to share yours?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Tick tock tick tock...the sound of my life passing...the seconds...minutes...hours...days...weeks...months...years....I find myself contemplating life...I think woefully...Truly we are born dying...the moment we take that first breath...the first taste of life giving oxygen...we begin the process....we live...only to die.

Each of us owes a death...we have no knowledge of how or when the creditor will show up to collect...I envision that my life is like a mortgage, this body my home...the repo-man will come...my home will be left to rot...unattended...uncared for...

What will become of me...I am not my home...Yes I live in it...but I am more alive when I am outside of it...I feel more free without the walls...I can not in my immature mind fathom eternity...nor can I fathom death...although it is not something that I fear...it is inevitable...it is my.. destiny... I hope to pass with grace...quietly...a slight smile on my face as I remember the life that I have lived....

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
If death is a part of life, part of the cycle, if death can't contain life (or there would be nothing), then it is better to consider just who and what you REALLY are, within the present moment of now...

You can't have something without nothing, and both are present, now.

Therefore, it's entirely conceivable that life and death are two sides of the same coin, and since life meets life in the grand scheme of things, what meaning is there to physical death..?

Who are you really? What are you?

Consider, and just try this on - but since you are a part of the now now, and since there is only now, now and forever, then at the most fundamental level, there is no such thing as death as in the end of being and of being in being, and in truth, you were always a part of it all and always will be.

There is no time, just an eternally unfolding present moment, so welcome to the end time, welcome, to eternity now.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Death is not something I fear. Quite the contrary, I look forward to it. I'm in no hurry, mind you. I am in no way rushing towards it, but when that day arrives, I look forward to shedding this limiting form and begin the transition to the next dimension. A dimension of thought and energy without the limits placed on us by a corporeal human existence

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Thank you! That was beautifully confusing! But I get it!

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Death the sweet release, the liberator, I relish it, I wait for it, I yearn for it. No pain, no responsibilities, no liers, no cheaters, no games...sounds like the ultimate goal...to be out of the cycle of birth/death/rebirth...and just to be in perfect perfection... HEAVEN!

[edit on 18-7-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

I believe that death is not to be feared. It is something we have to pass through to reach the next stage of our soul's development.

The best we can hope for is a peaceful death, at a relatively old age.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Well said! That struck a cord with me! Thank you for sharing your thoughts!!

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

You do?

I didn't get it. I've gotten it before however, for brief moments, but the part of us that is fearful about letting go, and just getting present to the eternal present, it's afraid that to let go spells its death, and so we're continually thrown out of the present and into the past and future, and into a paradigm of linear causation. If only the self could realize that the only possible way to live on in eternity, is to die now, while still alive, and to embrace both sides as a duality, in a trascendent unity of being and non-being which is continuous.

If self knew that it could begin living forever now, then it would gladly die now..

A toast! To life and death and to the life eternally now in death to ego-self.

Cheers!

[edit on 18-7-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Well, thank you. I appreciate that. I have a very intimate relationship with death, I think it's moreso life I fear and feel disassociated with.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Death for me is just a trip to the real reality.

This mad world can't be real.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I believe once you die , you are dead . Resting in peace in you will.
I don't believe in re-incarnation or the soul floating off to heaven or becoming a ghost or anything fancy like that .
It just seems a bit to much like wishful thinking to me .

I do have a theory though

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Takka

To be honest with you, that scares me...to think that this life is it...is all there is... How do you explain ghosts? How do you explain children that recall past lives... some of those have been documented and verified...I don't know...there is so much that we do not understand. Even with all of our technology, we are very limited... and I can conceive of all of the things that point to an afterlife being a figment of so many millions of peoples imagination...Like NDE's...

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
When I was young, very young, I would spend a lot of time contemplating what death was. In the end I decided, in the worst case scenario, you die and there's nothing; non-existence. Which seems scary, but only from our living perspective, because we can already try to preemptively mourn our would-be loss. But 'in the moment' of it, which would be forever, there would be no feeling of loss or sadness or anything.

Not very happy, or pretty, but anything is possible. I stopped worrying about death after realizing that the "worst part" was something I won't even exist to know is happening. If there's anything other than that, even hellish torture, it's still better than non-existence. Life already is pain.

That realization came around age 9-10, it was a few years later that my mom told me a story about one of the first things I asked her when I learned to talk. It was something like "Where's the mommy from before", and it had really freaked her out. I've had a few dreams that seem like memories of another life. So, I'm open to the possibility of reincarnation.

However, a truly rational mind could say something like "You, as a newborn, got taken care of by another female for a short period of time, and not knowing how to differentiate the two, called her mommy also.". Or that dreams are just random firing of neurons. While I think dreams are more than random, they still don't prove anything. I suppose I could have been mistaken as a toddler, I did have older sisters.

In a similar vein, NDEs could be explained by the fact that your brain releases '___' (Dimethyltryptamine) in a large dose when you die/nearly die. Were you on an operating table, your pupils would dilate and the light they use for surgery would probably seem pretty magnificent. As for ghosts, I won't go into them, as I had a 'fun' time recently in the MJ ghost thread. But I will say that even if it was a "ghost", that doesn't mean it was a spirit of someone who is dead. Alternate dimensions, magnetic fields fluctuating, or a life-form vibrating extremely fast might seem ghostlike. The universe is so vast, it almost seems silly to even try to "decide" on one idea for most things we classify as paranormal.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I am unsure on death. I can admit like a man that it's a scary thought. I guarantee that almost anyone approached with death will be nervous if not scared regardless of what they say now. It's different when it actually happens and it's weird thinking about what happens after life if not scary thinking of nothing happening afterward. I would really like to know if nothing exists after life so I can live this one the best I can. I already try to do so but if I honestly knew nothing came next, believe me every second would count for something.

Here's the way I see it. We don't know and won't until we die. Even then only us and the other dead will know what happens if anything. It is a natural balance as opposites is a rule of this life we live. We have life, we have death.

Perhaps I'm more afraid of the unknown and the pain involved with death. Either way my turn will come and I will deal with it. lol

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

I was reported as being brain dead for more than 30 minutes in 1973 (August)
but to me I was more alive and don't know what death is any more.

"Nothing", is a very peculiar phenomena or Component indeed... LOL.

Something is the Opposite to Nothing yet they are the only pair that are One and the same yet opposite.

But Nothing is Something, which is of course is Nothing!

Think on it ???

You are correct.... You can't have one without the other, but in the case of "Nothing" both "Something" and "Nothing" are of/in one.

All is created of "The Opposites".

Without the Right, there would be No Left...

Without the Up, there would be No down....

This is also true regarding Life, but Life is Life, and Not Death, and Death is Death and Not Life!

From The Gospel of Thomas...

Quote:

56. Jesus said,

“Whoever has come
to understand the World
has found only a corpse,
and whoever has found a corpse,
is superior to the World.”

The flesh is just the experience, but Life (awareness, Consciousness, or The True Mind) is the Observer.

This Program (The Earth and Universe) is Not for human gain or development but is the program that invokes, "The Metamorphoses of the Soul".

We, that are alive, are all of One, Have Always been, and always shall be.

My body, is Not Aware of Me, but I am Aware of the body I experience!

So Me, being Aware is Alive, but my body being Not Aware, is already dead.

Though I am Dead Yet I Live.

My body was Unaware, I had departed, but I was Aware of Life, and All that existed, thus wanting Nothing at all, but thankful instead, for the most precious Gift of All, for Life Eternal...

Having been resurrected, I no longer know Death, but only know of what humankind, call death in ignorance...

[edit on 22-7-2009 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by N3krostatic

Life (Awareness, Consciousness or the True Mind) is Life and Not Death!

Life Can Not Die, neither Can Death Live !

In spite of what Humankind fears or believes.

Life is Eternal!

The Body is Not Alive and Life is Not the Flesh.

You are Aware of your body but Your Body is Not even Aware of You or its self!

Life goes Nowhere but Remains Eternal.

Your experiences merely change....

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
We leave, only wanting to return. For only here does it feel so real. Only here, can we know who we are, .... in whatever manner we choose to express it.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I know that my soul is life never ending. This body is but a grave for the living. I believe Ive learned why im here this time.

Compassion and Forgivness.

The past present and future are one in the same. Different levels of spiritual development is the only difference I see personally.

I do not fear this earthly death. Its the living part that scares me.

Not feeling worthy makes me fear final judgement.

Respectfully , Magantice

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magantice

I know that my soul is life never ending. This body is but a grave for the living. I believe Ive learned why im here this time.

Compassion and Forgivness.

The past present and future are one in the same. Different levels of spiritual development is the only difference I see personally.

I do not fear this earthly death. Its the living part that scares me.

Not feeling worthy makes me fear final judgement.

Respectfully , Magantice

LOL.... in Joy of reading your words.

Having experienced what medical science, defines as "Brain Dead".

The period of Time, from when I was Declared Medically Dead, and to the Time my body became active again, was more than 30 minutes.

I can assure you, No Judgement existed, because your whole experience is Created Not by you (I refer to the Body).

What I witnessed was Not according to what humankind teaches at all.

This Experience was far, far, greater than any human can imagine!

The Christ is Not, I repeat Not Human as many would want you to believe.

This World is Not about the Descendants of A'Dam!

It was Man that was Created in The Image of God!

A' Dam was Not made in The Image of God!

The Soul is Called Man and Woman. (Inner Man, outer Woman)

The Flesh made from the dust of the ground was called A' Dam!

There is Not a single human that has created themselves!

In the old writings, it is the descendants of A' Dam, that claim the Name of the Soul (Man) to be the descendants of A' Dam Falsely!

No Man hath ascended into heaven save Him that came down from Heaven.

Man or The Soul remains in Heaven and Does Not come Down neither can a human, the descendant of A' Dam ascend into Heaven!

They are entirely two different Entities!

The World is Not about Morals or Right and wrong and your experience is certainly Not a test of any Kind.

This world has a hidden function to most!

It is all about The Metamorphosis of the Soul!

But humankind has no Idea at all what the Soul is.

The Soul is Not in the Universe but is outside the Universe.

The Experience of the Universe is IN your Soul.

I do Not need to guess I Know....

The Drawing You see in my Avatar (Top Left) is a perfect Drawing 100% accurate of what is known as The Man Child (Son of Man) that resides In the Soul.

It is a Partition Map used in the Processing System of The Soul!

I have Drawn more than 30,000 Geometric Drawings, explaining the Full workings of the Processing System of The Soul and How All is Created and Why!

All this Information did Not come from humankind, although you can see the evidence of my work all over the Earth in Government Buildings, Palaces, Temples, churches, Cathedrals, Public Buildings, arcades, and walkways.

My knowledge came from outside your Universe, from the Place of LIFE where No human resides, but The Soul only.

Life is Life and Can't be Death...

Life is Eternal and Not Judged by any! But only by humankind in ignorance!

Death is Death and Can Not Live!

As I have said The world is Not about the Descendants of A' Dam, but instead is about Creation and What has Created!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Wow. I wish I could be as brave as some of you folks seem to be.

you see, I'm a pretty selfish being. Although I've improved, I'm still burdened by it.

I fear death. I've spent my life trying to find that one thing that would convince me that when I close my eyes for the last time, that I will somehow continue.

I really LIKE living. I like eating, and drinking and holding my wife and telling jokes with my children.

It is almost impossible for me, at this stage in my evolution, to separate my living, from those things I so enjoy. The thought of losing those things, whether through the dissolution of a fantasy, or cessation of my consciousness, fills me with a lot of fear and sadness.

That probably says a lot more about me than you wanted to know. I admit that I am a clinger. I cling on to the physical because it is tangible. I can see it and touch it. Theories about afterlife, or continual life are very difficult for me to grasp because I haven't touched them.

Although I do admit to being terribly selfish in my constant cleaving to the things and experiences I treasure, I also have to admit that the thought of my wife, or one of my children needing me, if even just to talk, and not being able to be comforted, causes me great distress.

I know that there is something for me to learn here and that this stage is not permanent, but my fear is such that I wish it were. I fear. I don't want to die.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join