Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Instruments

page: 1
0

log in

join

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I just wanted to know who all plays a musical instrument and what they play


I play guitar and bass

i have a reversed Jackson Dinky, a gothic Stagg Worlock Bass and a New York Pro accustic


I'm getting a classical soon, so what about yall?




posted on May, 8 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
My pride and joy is a 20 year old Fender Strat, which is light as silk to play. I've got an Ernie Ball music man, which I love too. I also own an acoustic telecaster and a dreadnought marlin acoustic guitars. I've got a couple of 15 nylon stringed, 3/4 size student guitars, which get brought to the beach, barbq's, etc.

There's a fender Jazz bass and a piano here too. I also have several synthesizers and effects boxes (I love my Zoom 9002)

Then there's the Atari ST with Cubase in the roof, and a copy of Acid music to mix loops with.

There's also a few home-made guitars in the roof, which are completely unplayable, as well as a 12 string which is the worst guitar in the world. The action at the 12th fret is over 2 inches!!! Impossible to play


I'll be buying a banjo or a mandolin soon, I fancy a change.

Good to have another axe-man on board!




[Edited on 8-5-2004 by Zzub]



posted on May, 8 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I Do!!!!

Alto and Tenor Saxophone....

And all the instruments I want on the computer



posted on May, 8 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
tahst awesome! i havent been playing very long, it'll be 2 years in june.

I'm in two bands tho! and im proud, u must be awesome tho.

thanx for sharing



posted on May, 8 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I am a professional bassist. I have about 15 basses and 7 guitars... and a roomfull of amps and misc stuff. I have toured all over North America many times......

If you have any questions, I would be glad to be of any help.



posted on May, 9 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I play trombone, some piano, and some guitar.

I've played trombone since I was about 6, but it's gone a little by the wayside lately.

Mainly I just write music for computer games now (if you haven't already notived the link in my sig. by now).



posted on May, 9 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
hey guys, i'm lookin to get into playing acoustic guitar...does anyone have any recommendations as to what I need to buy, and how to go about learning it the best way?
thanks...and I have experience playing piano for a couple years as well as percussion, but that was a while ago.



posted on May, 9 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
hey guys, i'm lookin to get into playing acoustic guitar...does anyone have any recommendations as to what I need to buy, and how to go about learning it the best way?


Shoktek,

First off, how much are you willing to spend?
How serious are you? Is it going to be strictly for your own enjoyment? Or do you have bigger plans?

As far as learning, go find a teacher. It will save you from having to re-invent the wheel several times. Trial and error can be alot of fun, but having someone to help you improve can save you alot of headaches. Unlearning mistakes or bad habits can sometimes be harder than just learning the right way in the first place.



posted on May, 10 2004 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst
I am a professional bassist. I have about 15 basses and 7 guitars... and a roomfull of amps and misc stuff. I have toured all over North America many times......

If you have any questions, I would be glad to be of any help.

What music do you play??



posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

If you have any questions, I would be glad to be of any help.



What music do you play??

Any kind that pays.
Rock, Funk, Country, Hip-Hop...etc. I love most music, so switching genres doesn't bother me.



posted on May, 10 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Semi-professional steelpan player here. I play all pans, and drum kit. We play practically any music genre you can think of.



posted on May, 10 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst
First off, how much are you willing to spend?
How serious are you? Is it going to be strictly for your own enjoyment? Or do you have bigger plans?

As far as learning, go find a teacher. It will save you from having to re-invent the wheel several times. Trial and error can be alot of fun, but having someone to help you improve can save you alot of headaches. Unlearning mistakes or bad habits can sometimes be harder than just learning the right way in the first place.



Well, I'm pretty serious on learning, I've been wanting to for quite some time and have lots of dedication...as far as buying one, I have heard that the lower-end guitars are not really worth buying, and if I plan on playing it a lot then I would need to upgrade from one of those anyway...so I was looking at some of the cheaper Martin guitars for around $700, anything more than that would be too much...and I figure that if for some reason I can't play it any longer it probably has good resale value as opposed to really cheap guitars.

Also, I don't know if I really want to take lessons. I have a busy schedule and can't really commute all that much for lessons, much less spend lots of money...it would be better if I could learn at home with a book or video or something, just whenever I have some extra hours to spare. I do have lots of time to play, I just don't know when the time will be, so it would be hard to commit to a scheduled time for lessons. And I also have a few friends who play guitar that I could get help from if need be...thanks for the help


[Edited on 10-5-2004 by Shoktek]



posted on May, 10 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
Well, I'm pretty serious on learning, I've been wanting to for quite some time and have lots of dedication...as far as buying one, I have heard that the lower-end guitars are not really worth buying, and if I plan on playing it a lot then I would need to upgrade from one of those anyway...so I was looking at some of the cheaper Martin guitars for around $700, anything more than that would be too much...and I figure that if for some reason I can't play it any longer it probably has good resale value as opposed to really cheap guitars.

Also, I don't know if I really want to take lessons. I have a busy schedule and can't really commute all that much for lessons, much less spend lots of money...it would be better if I could learn at home with a book or video or something, just whenever I have some extra hours to spare. I do have lots of time to play, I just don't know when the time will be, so it would be hard to commit to a scheduled time for lessons. And I also have a few friends who play guitar that I could get help from if need be...thanks for the help


[Edited on 10-5-2004 by Shoktek]


Some of the Martins in the price range you mentioned are quite nice for the money. Good bang for the buck factor. Try out as many as you can as no two guitars are exactly alike. They also have a generally good resale value as well...

If you have some friends who play, then yes, then go to them for some pointers. Also, as you mentioned there is a plethora of instructional books and videos/DVDs. If DIY, then I recommend using videos over books for technique. It is always better to have a visual reference as to how the sounds are made through the various techniques. And the net has quite a bit of learning tools out there as well.

Hope this helps,
~Face



posted on May, 10 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Yea, thanks, I have found one DVD that has two different videos on it for learning acoustic guitar that is supposed to work well, and has received good ratings, so I think I will try that...and for the guitar, I think I will get the Martin D-15 which I have found for a very good price online...hopefully I will be on my way to learning within the next month...will let you know how it goes. thanks again



posted on May, 11 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
i play the djembe drum.

[Edited on 5/12/2004 by panchovilla]



posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Make fun of me all you want, but....

I'm a semi-pro flute player. I play piccolo and alto flute as well. Also, a proud owner of a Cannonball Alto Saxophone. (Pro Alto player)

I've been playing flute (rock, Tull style of course) for 7 years now (since 4th grade), piccolo for 5 years, and alto sax for under a year. Tried bari but failed, played tenor, but I love my alto-baby.



posted on May, 16 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I play guitar and bass, and i'm a recording engineer wannabe...lol

I've been a Fender (strats/teles) player most of my life, but recently got a Gibson LP Studio+ and I'm lovin it...
Still play like crap though, but i try...
I have an Ovation Elite for the acoustic stuff, and a very cheapo Epiphone EB-O bass that only sounds any good with lots of distortion on it...
No real amp but lotsa fake ones with my pod pro, but it's fun to play around with that and the computer...
A lot easier than the days of 2 stereo tape decks and a cheap drum machine...or "2 tape decks and a microphone"...lol





new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join