It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Peterson's family seeks help funding appeal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Scott Peterson's family seeks help funding appeal

www.rr.com

The family of convicted killer Scott Peterson is asking the public to contribute money to his appeal.

Related Links
Video: Bites Cover Dead Child
Video: Cocaine in the Heartland
More On: Scott Peterson

In a blog posting, the family says it needs $95,000 to help cover the cost of an investigation needed to overturn his 2003 conviction for murdering his pregnant wife Laci.

The state already funds mandatory appeals for condemned inmates, but the family says more money is needed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
To me this just not right a killer of his children’s mother and he is asking us to help with his court cost how said is that. This was a rich guy with lots of life insurance on his wife and now he needs are help. If your not in NC don’t know how much this look at .

www.rr.com/news/news/article/rr/6818193/8366107/Scott_Petersons_family_seeks_help_funding_appeal

www.rr.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Disgusting. I hope no one donates money to help this vile woman and child killer. Just reading that they are looking for public help and compassion makes me sick.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Well, I think a couple of polygraphs might be more convincing first. Maybe even a functional MRI as well.

Ex

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I am having trouble.......I cannot stop laughing!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

So sorry for you loss But thank you for honoring her and standing up for the rights of all the Vets out there I to am one. God bless your family always.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well....I guess we know where he got his overweaning sense of self importance and narcissism from now.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

So you don’t support the troops over fighting and dieing so you can live you happy little robot life here. Just asking, you seem to know were we al are coming from

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Wasn't this the same guy who was convicted of killing his 8 month pregnant wife, dismembering her body, placed her in numerous hefty garbage bags, and dropped her in a body of water on Christmas Day? And coincidently, right where he'd been fishing?

Yeah, I have overflowing compassion for such a heartless, vicious person. And his family has some gall for seeking public assistance to help this man, who- I'll bet every penny I have- only found remorse and regret when he was convicted and is staring down his own mortality.

For me, he is living proof that evil men do walk the earth.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
He's an American citizen and he has a right to the appeals process.

I probably wouldn't contribute to his cause, but I must admit that I never saw or heard any concrete evidence that Peterson murdered his wife.

I heard a lot about his affair. He was an idiot to be sure.

I also saw the anger and hatred that the jury had for Peterson, which didn't do much to reinforce the idea that he got a fair trial.

It would seem to me that it would take some procedural error in the first trial to overturn his verdict or the introduction of new evidence that would warrant a new trial to free Peterson.

I don't think his odds are good on any count.

[edit on 2009/7/17 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vendric

So sorry for you loss But thank you for honoring her and standing up for the rights of all the Vets out there I to am one. God bless your family always.

Thank for the very kind words. We were very violently abused as children and my sister and I left home at a young age and I raised her. She joined the marines because I did, however I regret letting her join now for obvious reasons. My sister was the most important person to me and I miss her.

I am also a vet, I was shot and honorably discharged a couple years ago.

I appreciate your service to America, too.

Us vets have to care for and look out for eachother. There are a lot of people who are "against" us, and some of these people have the nerve to call themselves American.

Peace

[edit on 17-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Yes we do and I there

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Scott Peterson. I actually know little about the trial. I suppose if I had been a juror, I could actually make a qualified statement of his innocence or guilt. I won't donate money, I have more important things to donate my money to, like my innocent grandchildren, who haven't been charged, tried and convicted of killing people. But, yeah, I can understand his relatives who believe he is innocent asking for help.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

So you don’t support the troops over fighting and dieing so you can live you happy little robot life here. Just asking, you seem to know were we al are coming from

I have no idea what you are talking about.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

reply to post by Aeons

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I think he was confused and thought you were attacking me because I said me and my sister where marines. Donno where he got the impression you where attacking me though!

Peace!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by orderedchaos
Wasn't this the same guy who was convicted of killing his 8 month pregnant wife, dismembering her body, placed her in numerous hefty garbage bags, and dropped her in a body of water on Christmas Day? And coincidently, right where he'd been fishing?

Yeah, I have overflowing compassion for such a heartless, vicious person. And his family has some gall for seeking public assistance to help this man, who- I'll bet every penny I have- only found remorse and regret when he was convicted and is staring down his own mortality.

For me, he is living proof that evil men do walk the earth.

Yeah, something like that, except I don't think they ever found all of her body. And he has never found remorse or regret. He still denies having done this.

top topics

join