It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dick Act of 1902... Can't Be Repealed (Gun Control Forbidden) - Protection Against Tyrannical Gover

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DisgustedOne

yes i was agreeing with you, maybe even worked with you at one point if you were deployed around 06 07 and part of 08 i think i dont care to remember the dates i was deployed that aside i totaly agree i think that maybe you guys should post it on alternating sites so that it could be systematically circulated via net....

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Since the SPP (Security and Prosperity Partnership) Canadian Protest contained Police Provocaturers... that added a new dimenion to the State and is evidence of Tyrannical Power. we need to capture one of these Provacturers ... so when they try to do these bad things -- we break them up -- seperate the weak -- and then lets let the state file Kidnapping Charges and whamo -- every thing comes out in court where it needs to go.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
simple way to keep our gun rights

shoot anyone who tries to take them from you

let them pass any laws they want

doesnt mean you have to follow them

its about time people stand up for themselves

we're being too scared when it comes to law lately and thats why the law enforcement are committing the crimes they are, because we are allowing it

i say let them try to take the guns, just shoot those who do , defend your rights, stand up for them, our forefathers did

or maybe we just dont know we should follow after and learn from our fathers since this country is so anti family over the past years

yea you may die for the right to arm yourself
but at least you stood up for yourself

edited to say the reason i post this

is every day on ats it seems theres a new thread worrying about gun control

if you have a gun why worry?

just wait for the day it comes, then defend yourself like the real constitution allows you to do

if enough people do this, they will realize, they cant take the guns

maybe if more people said that, this whole gun control thing would go right down the toilet

next time someone says gun control, stand up to that law maker, and say

"fine, come and get em, but ill give you the bullets first"

if enough say this, i bet they shut up

[edit on 19-7-2009 by Dramey]

edited to also say, i dont condone going out and shooting any lawmakers or anything like that, when i say shoot them, i mean defensively not proactively

shooting anyone over words is wrong, only when the actions are taken, should the actions i mentioned be taken, as a last resort only

[edit on 19-7-2009 by Dramey]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by awakening1

.. This may mean guns someday, but think what an overload of emails from the citizens of this country, so powerful and numerous that it crashes the congressional web servers would do. Not only would you gain the attention of the government, but it would "actually" get media attention,, and in these time, turning the media over to our side may be the greatest ally we could have.

If you think you are going to get media support you are sadly misguided - the media are the ones that have facilitated, participated and lead the charge for these immoral activities.

More fruitful to look for clemency from the devils, than truth from the media.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

The three classes H.R. 11654 provides for are the organized militia, henceforth known as the National Guard of the State, Territory and District of Columbia, the unorganized militia and the regular army. The militia encompasses every able-bodied male between the ages of 18 and 45. All members of the unorganized militia have the absolute personal right and 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms of any type, and as many as they can afford to buy.

Ok, I'm not being a smart ass but wouldn't that mean that your right to bear arms as an able bodied member of a militia ends when you reach the age of 46? That's the thing about laws, you can read into them any way that supports your position, for and against. I think sometimes our citizenry forgets why there are 9 Supreme Court Justices. They rarely vote unanimously which just proves that our laws are never as cut and dried as many would make them out to be.

Originally posted by Dramey
simple way to keep our gun rights

shoot anyone who tries to take them from you

let them pass any laws they want

doesnt mean you have to follow them

That my friend is called anarchy and it scares small animals and makes children cry at night.

edit: my post went all wonky, sorry.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by zlots331]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Absolutely *any* law can be repealed. If we can make them, we can remove them. It's that simple.

I doubt any law is immune to repeal, simply based on Constitutional issues. Any such law is probably superfluous, as it simply repeats or confirms a Constitutional right. More to the point, any part of the Constitution can be repealed, or the whole thing can be repealed. It's not invulnerable.

There are already many who would like to et rid of the Constitution. I saw an amusing (yet horrifying) video of a woman who refused an unreasonable search during a traffic stop. She was dragged out of her car and arrested for her troubles. After she was gone, the policemen were talking about some "terrorist" literature in her car - including the Constitution. Kind of scary that some law enforcement people regard the Constitution as "terrorist material".

Keep in mind that no man-made law is eternal. They last until the government, or sometimes the people, decide they're no longer convenient.

You think you have freedom of speech? Go to an airport and utter the word, "bomb". Don't say you've got one, just say that single word. You're likely to spend a very unpleasant hour or two ecxplaining why you said it, and you could be arrested for saying it. This is a clear violation of your First Amendment rights, but few people care.

We're letting our rights erode through our apathy and our desire for the *illusion* of security.

[edit on 7/20/2009 by chiron613]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by soldier8828

Ouch.... I'm an old guy... I deployed in '77, '78, '79, and '80.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Found this on Snopes.com Dick Act 1903 and have some questions.. (i didn't read the thread yet due to time constraint)

~the Dick Act states there are 3 militias but Snopes says NO .. and here's the Link Snopes provides; I'm a bit confused about this statement ..

(a)The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

(b)The classes of the militia are—
(1)the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

(2)the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

how is it that the Army and Marines are NOT a organized Militia ?
to the above statement would mean there actually should be 3 militias .. just because they're not listed doesn't mean they don't exist...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join