It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Black" the "New White"? A look at today's racism.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
First of all let me give you a little background about me and my motivation to write this thread. I am Caucasian and have always enjoyed the cultural richness of our planet. I have friends from all colors and live in one of the most multi-cultural and multi-racial cities on earth, and I love it! However, what I do not appreciate is other races prejudging me because of my racial background as well as the victim mentality that is out there among what was once considered racial minorities.

Now let me tell you a few examples to illustrate what I mean:

1. Once in a while I like to go to a quite popular club with “guest-list only” policy. Of course there are always people who are not on a list and just want to try to get in. Usually, it’s a very diverse crowed. Let’s say there are 20 people who are not on the list and all of them get turned down and have to walk home. Out of these 20 there are 3 black guys, 17 white. Guess what, the 3 black guys are blaming their color for not being able to get in and write a letter of complaint to the management and make a big deal out of it claiming the club being racist. What do you do in this situation?

2. I don’t know if you have realized that there is quite a growing “Black Pride” movement which is in total acceptance with the general public. Here a James Brown wallpaper. Now, imagine a white musician putting a poster out there with “I am White and I’m Proud!. He would get publicly hanged. Also, cloths with "Black Pride" etc. are very popular and common among the kids. And it’s all fine. Have you ever seen a white guy running around in “White Pride” wear without getting pointed at as a racist? NO, of course not! If I would wear such a shirt I wouldn’t even be able to make it around the corner without getting beaten up.

3. The same is true for the employment market. As a hiring manager you have to be very careful with turning down people from other than Caucasian races because you might end up in a law suit.

The point I want to make here is that instead of growing together as a human race we are actually drifting apart. The whole racial issue from the fifteen hundredth obviously left some genetic imprint in people that seem to be impossible to overcome. The only ones that seem to have an issue with race are Blacks or Hispanics. I don’t know of any white guy who would even think about that race could be a disadvantage in today’s world.
There is such a strong victim mentality out there that will probably take centuries to “heal”. Too bad, because these people make their lives unnecessarily difficult.

Please let me know what you think about this issue. Critics welcome.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Than white people should stop complaining and start suing duh. Thats how the others got personal favors, so use the courts.

Sue Sue Sue.

Than maybe things will change.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I grew up in the Bed-Stuy section of Brooklyn (mostly minority) and that being said, I know what the racist thing is all about.
It has absolutley NOTHING to do with color. It deals with peoples willingness to do what they have to to embrace a perception of a problem.
I know from personal experience that people willl work the system so long as there is something they might gain from it.
That is my problem with the current welfare system as it exists.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Where have you been?

It's been like this for as long as I can remember and I'm no spring chicken.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I hate all ^$$#@!=$ (my symbol, so it's politically correct):
"buttholes"equally, if your an idiot your an idiot.

White week off next month, see how the economy does then

But seriosly, is this the "Divide and Conquer" that the media is spitting out on t.v. more lately??

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Than white people should stop complaining and start suing duh. Thats how the others got personal favors, so use the courts.

Sue Sue Sue.

Than maybe things will change.

White people aren't complaining at all. They are just wondering why "other" races see themselves constantly as victims because of their cultural and racial background.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
If I may make an observation, Since Obama was elected this has become more prevalent. The irony is that Obama has less in common with the typical black male than I do. Personally I think it's disgraceful how Dr. Kings dream has been sundered. It's easier to knock someone down than it is to build some one up. That was what happened with affirmative action.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Ever heard of white slavery? most will say no. as its not taught in schools, why? you tell me.

Do I complain about that? continue to hold a grudge because some white people I do not know were slaves? No, you know why? I was never a slave.

Here is a good read.

White Slavery

Why is this not taught in history classes? Yet, when most people think of slavery the black man comes to mind. I am all for schools teaching history, but when its bias, I am not.

True story.

A buddy of mine works the counter for a semi repair shop and deals with all types of customers of all nationalities. A black man and a Arabic man are standing at the counter and the black man asks the Arabic man, so since you have been in this country, who is the most racist people? The Arabic man replied, the black man, they seem to be the only people who care about it.

If I am wrong please by all means correct me, but do it in a manner that is respectful.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by I think Im normal]

top topics

join