It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

measles, not the whole truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
When I was young everyone seemed to get measles at sometime or other it was almost a fact of life.

I was not keen on my child having the MMR jab so I refused. The nurse told me I was being irresponsible, because there is a significant mortality rate with measles, also proffs on the TV telling me that there is now a record amount of measles cases reported.

So if there is a record number of cases and it is quite a dangerous infection there should be thousands of reported deaths, but there's not.

So back to what I said earlier, measles is no more dangerous than it was when I was a child so why the scaremongering, and lying by eminent people.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
When I was 7, 31 years ago, I had the measles, mumps AND chicken pox at the same time

It just about killed me. It took a very long time for me to recover, and i think that that set of illnesses explains a lot of the health issues I have today.

BUT

That is because i had ALL 3 at the same time. Had I had them individually, I think it would have been perfectly fine.

Anyhow.. .Yes measles is pretty ugly, but it does seem that in recent times, people seem to be MUCH more "active" in getting the vaccines against it. What's changed? Not sure, maybe just more awareness. Still, though, it's strange.

join