It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is NOT the way

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
One of the greatest mysteries is very close to being solved. Who was Jesus and was he born of a virgin and is he the one and only son of god and the messiah?

The answer is no, he is not the messiah. The only historical account of this one called Jesus is that born of Cleopatra the self proclaimed virgin Goddess who was exiled to conceal his identity as the first born son of Julius Caesar, the foundation of The Holy Roman Empire and the Greatest Lie ever told. He was hailed King of Kings and Lord of Lords, hell so was Julius Caesar for that matter.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
oh man, I cringe at the thought of the posts to appear on this...

Zoroaster and Ytzamna were also born of a virgin, impregnated by a divine light, and spread teachings of a One (or High) God. So in that, no, I doubt Jesus was the only one born of divine flesh incarnate.

But does it matter what his ancestry was? Is not his message more important?

It is the teachings, not the man, that should be followed. By following the man, all you are doing is being set up for worshiping false idols. By studying and learning the teachings, you open yourself for greater things.

Now, before it gets asked in harsh tones, I shall do so in a civil manner: where can one find the information you so provide, so that this knowledge can be shared?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a religious war is like fighting over who has the strongest imaginary friend

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

a religious war is like fighting over who has the strongest imaginary friend

AMEN to that!

I knew one of these threads would start! I was just biding my time, and biting my lip.....

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Jesus Christ is NOT the way

Jesus may NOT be the way for you but... you will please excuse those who differ from your opinion.

(Yeah, I know that many of the fundy Christians ticked a lot of folks off but they do not represent the whole of Christianity.)

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
OK before everyone has a hissy fit let me correct myself.

He was the messiah, which means annointed one. So basically he was kind of special in his own special way, but not the one and only son of god. If you are a son of god you have royal blood, if you are a son of man you do not.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

The only historical account of this one called Jesus is that born of Cleopatra the self proclaimed virgin Goddess who was exiled to conceal his identity as the first born son of Julius Caesar, the foundation of The Holy Roman Empire and the Greatest Lie ever told.

Star and flag for you because you have the patience to deal with a bunch of liars calling you a liar.

When my neighbor talks about his imaginary friends he gets free med's. They make the Christians pay for their own Prozac and such.
That has to stink.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
The answer is no, he is not the messiah.

Originally posted by 12.21.12
He was the messiah, which means annointed one.

Umm... which side of the debate are you trying to be on? I'm assuming that since you started this thread with the first quote, you are against Jesus being a messiah... however, in a seemingly double-take, you altered your original direction by stating Jesus was a messiah.

But I do agree, however, with the premise that Jesus never once claimed to be the Son of God... didn't he say. before the Jewish Elders, that he was the Son of Man?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

Umm... which side of the debate are you trying to be on? I'm assuming that since you started this thread with the first quote, you are against Jesus being a messiah... however, in a seemingly double-take, you altered your original direction by stating Jesus was a messiah.

Yes I know that was confusing. But I laughed pretty good after reading that, thanks!

Maybe the wiki entry can help.

en.wikipedia.org...

Messiah (Hebrew: מָשִׁיחַ, Modern Mašíaḥ Tiberian Māšîªḥ; in modern Jewish texts in English sometimes spelled Moshiach; Aramaic: משיחא, Syriac: ܡܫܺܝܚܳܐ, Məšîḥā, Arabic: المسيح‎, al-Masīḥ, Latin: Messias) literally means "anointed (one)".
In Jewish messianic tradition and eschatology, messiah refers to a future King of Israel from the Davidic line, who will rule the people of united tribes of Israel[1], and herald the Messianic Age[2] of global peace. In Standard Hebrew, The Messiah is often referred to as מלך המשיח, Méleḫ ha-Mašíaḥ (in the Tiberian vocalization pronounced Méleḵ haMMāšîªḥ), literally meaning "the Anointed King."
Christians believe that prophecies in the Hebrew Bible refer to a spiritual savior, partly evidenced in passages from the Isaiah 7:14 (NIV)[3] and Isaiah 53:5 (NIV)[4], and believe Jesus to be that Messiah (Christ). The (Greek) Septuagint version of the Old Testament renders all thirty-nine instances of the Hebrew word for anointed (Mašíaḥ) as Khristós (Χριστός)[5]. The New Testament records the Greek transliteration Μεσσίας, Messias, twice, in John 1:41 and 4:25.
In Islam, Isa (Jesus) is also called the Messiah (Masih),[6] but like in Judaism he is not considered to be the literal physical Son of God.

So messiah literally means annointed one, which is why that was confusing because there are so many different ideas attached to the word messiah.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by 12.21.12]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about with opposite threads. It's a conspiracy on its own...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

Well I do apologize I saw a very heated debate over what I am not sure so I made this thread.

Somebody had to eventually, I might as well throw some truth up there in the mix.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
They say a picture is worth 1,000 words. So here's 2000.

Can you guys tell me what the queen is holding in her hand and what she is sitting on top of?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Religion =

Faith =

God =

Using religious zealots to take over the government = priceless.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
star, and flag too you!!

The "Christian's" are member's of the greatest death cult ever, and it is ruled over by Zionism..........PERIOD!!!

The only difference between the average Christian, and a murderer on death row is the Christians have self induced ignorance to blind them from their sins, atrocities, and MURDERS.

Oh, before I read, "But we do a lot of good", I wanna say the places that 'Christians do good' would have probably been fine, and never needed help until Christians messed them up in the first place.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Soothsayer

Zoroaster and Ytzamna were also born of a virgin, impregnated by a divine light, and spread teachings of a One (or High) God. So in that, no, I doubt Jesus was the only one born of divine flesh incarnate.

Two things occur to me as I read your post:

1. Constantly trying to define divinity in terms of physical attributes and events, which is in essence trying to apply temporal and physical measures to the infinite and non-physical seems a bit.. well ... pointless. Such arguments do not impress me as much as seeing the divine manifested in the life of one who claims connection to it, whether in acts of sacrifice and love or in the manifestation of wisdom.

2. These divine lights and holy spirits seem to be a bit sex mad always running around impregnating young teenage girls. It occurs to me that if the Holy Spirit tried this in the USA today, he would be a registered sex offender. But then again the USA is a Christian nation isn't it? Funny how that worked out.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by metamagic]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Star this post if you think this thread should be moved back to ATS and the following thread moved to BTS!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

rrrr.wait! they don't have stars in BTS land.

Can I have an amen!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by metamagic

You apparently missed the rest of the post in which you quoted me. Here, allow me to refresh your memory..

It is the teachings, not the man, that should be followed. By following the man, all you are doing is being set up for worshiping false idols. By studying and learning the teachings, you open yourself for greater things.

So, wouldn't that pretty much nullify your first comment?

As for the second... I suppose that the US would be considered a Christian nation; we aren't as fanatical as, say, Irish Catholics, but yes, they are here. But to say that the divine spray their seed about willy-nilly seems rather preposterous, especially when Poseidon's method of just foaming the oceans with his seed was much more cost effective. Besides which, with every major religious or spiritual group, directly under the High God, you'll find that the number four appears quite a bit: 4 archangels, the 4 great spirits, the 4 bacab; coupled with the teachings that "I am known by many names, all paths lead to me", would it not stand to reason that there would have been four teachers (or in this case, four messiahs) going forth?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

No, but you can get a clue at any time. Because quite honestly, you have no idea what you are talking about, and you are only repeating the lies of those who manipulated and took over the message of Jesus after his death, which is something he warns about directly.

Do you have any idea what this means?

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

And then you foolishly try to claim that it is the bloodline and such that matters? things which are only flesh and not of spirit?

Clean your own house before you try to go clean someone else's, otherwise don't be surprised when they point out your broom has never been used before.

And then you have gone down even further to only demonstrate that you only created this thread out of hatred for the other thread.

It's freaking pathetic and you should be ashamed of yourself.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Maybe pathetic, but I can back it up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join