It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do YOU think aliens look like!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Now your catching on

at which point did i deny that silicon-based life is potentially possible? i was correcting your horribly uneducated statement that a life form primarily composed of silicon is by definition silicon-based. can you guess which elements human beings are primarily composed of? hint: carbon is third. the two elements above it combine to make something that makes up 55% - 60% of the human body.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by JScytale]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JScytalecan you guess which elements human beings are primarily composed of?

Well Herr Professor, sorry I don't fit into your thinking box... but its not for nothing humans have been called 'ugly bags of mostly water'
although in some 'bags of hot air' might be appropriate

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

feel free to call science a "thinking box", hot-air life form.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JScytale
feel free to call science a "thinking box",

In quantum physics, nothing is as it seems. As physicists continue to study the universe they continually run into new questions that shake how humans understand the universe's intricate mechanics.

UC Berkeley physics professor, Raphael Bousso, is trying to break down the mysteries of the universe with a concept called the holographic principle. Physicists stumbled on the idea while studying black holes. It is a concept, which ultimately questions whether the third dimension exists.

"There's a real conflict between the way that we're thinking about the world right now, which is a very local way where everything happens independently in different regions of space and the way that we're going to have to think about it," said Bousso in an interview.

www.dailycal.org...

In my region of space things work according to my box

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

your point? if you had read that article, you would understand that his argument is that the whole is present in every part. And one of the stronger theories explaining the phenomenon discovered in the experiment where two particles generated from a split and sent in opposite directions down the collider was this: the two particles reversed their spin faster than light could travel between them because they were still connected physically. It is rather well understood that space is not flat.

I'd also like to point out that while this scientist believes the universe is two-dimensional and the third dimension is an artificial construct, most quantum physicists work with the model that the universe has as many as 26 physical dimensions, possibly more.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oouthere
I'm an abductee and have personally seen three different types.

The first is like the typical gray except that you can see ambient light passing through it, almost like a ghost.

Wow that's unbelievable because that's exactly what I saw stood at the end of my bed, a typical looking grey thing with big shiny black eyes, but completely invisable from the waist down. nobody believed me and they all thought I was nuts. I was quite ill at the time so I passed it off as ilusinations, but who knows?

Edit: As real as it seemed, the strangest thing about it was I didn't really feel that threatened by it, I just pulled the covers over my head and fell asleep, I didn't mention it to anyone till someone else said they saw one, that just added to the weirdness. I wonder if they are extra dimentional Aliens or something?

[edit on 20-7-2009 by deadoralive]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
great concept.

i think aliens could morph.
it would be cool

the stupidest concept for what aliens look like is the whole tentacle thing...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
They could look like this....

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

...based on what scientific principles?
stop using fiction as your source. extraterrestrials would in all probability look completely unlike what we could possibly imagine or expect, with senses vastly different from our own (except perhaps touch and sight, both a given in a planetary environment with a sun). However, their form would make biological and physical sense.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

...based on what scientific principles?

Beings of light have been described all through our history... some say they are ascended beings, some call them 'angels' and some speculate on creatures of pure energy

If I wanted a science board I would join Physics.org or Steven Hawking's blog, and even he has wild speculations and is a whole lot mor fun than YOU
Your science will be the death of you.

stop using fiction as your source.

Ummmmm in a word NO!! Why is it okay for sci fi writers to speculate what energy beings might look like but I cannot? You sir are a fool.

extraterrestrials would in all probability look completely unlike what we could possibly imagine or expect, with senses vastly different from our own (except perhaps touch and sight, both a given in a planetary environment with a sun).

Based on what scientific principles? If carbon based life is a norm in the universe it would seem more probable that life would be something similar to Earth

However, their form would make biological and physical sense.

Only in your limited world

See the thread title?

What do YOU think aliens look like!

Now get over yourself and use a little imagination

[edit on 21-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

extraterrestrials would in all probability look completely unlike what we could possibly imagine or expect, with senses vastly different from our own (except perhaps touch and sight, both a given in a planetary environment with a sun).

Based on what scientific principles? If carbon based life is a norm in the universe it would seem more probable that life would be something similar to Earth

Evolution. Given an alien environment, adaptations should be vastly different and beyond a shadow of a doubt at least extremely unfamiliar to us.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Evolution. Given an alien environment, adaptations should be vastly different and beyond a shadow of a doubt at least extremely unfamiliar to us.

Unless... there are at least a 1000 earth like planet out there where your evolution myth can repeat itself for the same reasons it worked here in the first place

Unless... there really IS a God the Creator and he made other likenesses of himself on other planets

Unless... nah not gonna trouble you with that one

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Found this cool pic..

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I also found this when I googled it.

Aliens are largely described as resembling human beings. Their height is approximately same as the average height of human beings. Like any normal human beings, aliens have a pair of eyes, a nose, a mouth, a pair of arms and a pair of feet. There are citations of aliens having wings or wheels instead of feet and other such abnormalities. It is believed that aliens have a rough lizard-like skin. Their skin colors are believed to vary from gray, white, tan to gold, pink or red. Their skin is believed to glow in the dark. Their eyes are considered to resemble those of humans, lizards or insects. Some have documented aliens as having webbed fingers while others believe that aliens have suction cups for fingertips or claws. Aliens have been documented as being variedly sized and shaped. Some have documented them as 3 inches tall while others say that they are about 15 feet tall. In some places aliens have been documented as being shaped like balls of light, while in other places they have been shown as resembling robots or metal objects. Some believe that aliens look like animals or large insects while some think of aliens as human-like figures clothed in uniforms. Many believe that aliens can float through walls.

This is pretty much what I think they look like, I dont think its too complicated, but more simple than most of us might think.

[edit on 06/10/2009 by jinx880101]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Unless... there are at least a 1000 earth like planet out there where your evolution myth can repeat itself for the same reasons it worked here in the first place

Unless... there really IS a God the Creator and he made other likenesses of himself on other planets

Unless... nah not gonna trouble you with that one

Evolution myth? seriously?

Do you have even a remote idea of how much scientific evidence supports evolution? There is a reason not a single biologist on the planet doubts it.

In order for a form of life to evolve to be almost identical to human beings (humanoid shape, same senses, etc) it would have to be a lot more than an earth-like environment. It would have to essentially be earth, with a similar course of events throughout its history. Roughly humanoid is a different story. What i mean by that is upright, with similar senses, and the ability to manipulate objects. No specifics on number of appendages, location or number of organs, base for life, etc. That could exist on a loosely similar planet. Of course roughly humanoid could be anything from a water-dwelling octopus with some tentacles used for locomotion and some for manipulation to a large, dinosaur-like predator with a dozen legs and one tentacle-like appendage used to manipulate its environment.

And yes - if the universe is infinite then there would be planets essentially identical to earth. What you fail to realize is the odds of one existing near enough to earth for it to be found before the universe collapses on itself is astronomically small. Infinite means just that - infinite. Given an infinite amount of planets, then some will be identical. You have to realize how incredibly, astoundingly rare they would be, and the idea of two forming near each other (as in within say, a thousand galaxies) is almost laughable.

It might be easier to understand like this. Say you build an extremely intricate sand castle, with hundreds of thousands of little precise details within it. Then you took a big scoop of sand and started dumping it over and over on empty lots of sand. If you did this for all eternity, eventually one of the piles would arrange itself by a supremely tiny chance into an exact replica of the original sand castle. This would probably take billions upon billions upon billions of years. Now imagine that, only instead of a sand castle its a planet, with hundreds of millions of details in every cubic foot.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by JScytale]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Looks like a glowing crystal cone similar to what a previous member posted.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Very interesting dicousin so far everyone

Keep on posting

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I think i would say whatdontthey look like? For every life form on Earth I believe there is a more evolved form somewhere out there. Plus all the life forms that are not on Earth. So what does an ant look like? what does a spider look like? what does a reptile look like? Get my drift?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
They will project themselves the way you want to see them as. They can fold your perception of reality like changing shoes.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeplin100

Altgough i took me some time to get back ... what I ment was simply that most of the people would not take seriously delegation from "sheep" planet ... just imagine /your favorite daily news goes here/ reporting
resident of /country goes here/ just met with sheep (showing picture of president shaking hand with "representative") ...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join