It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA says 13,000 Apollo tapes "erased"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

NASA Erased First Moonwalk Tapes, But Restores Copies
By Robert Z. Pearlman

posted: 17 July 2009
08:50 am ET

After a three-year search for a set of data tapes that promised to offer an improved view of the first moonwalk by Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin 40 years ago this month, NASA revealed on Thursday that the tapes were more than likely erased years ago and reused. But the agency then unveiled the next best thing: restored footage based on their best broadcast quality tapes.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

What a crock! I thought these "missing" tapes had just been found in Australia.

The 'Never A Straight Answer' agency comes through again.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I smell diversion !!

Focus ...

Seems like another 'look over here' stunt to me !!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
How shall they restore the images from copies, just the one that was filmed off a TV screen... That's like trying to restore a thumbnail pic to a full res pic...

So what did they do, speed things up? speed them down? Add new images? Sharpen the images, turn the brightness up and down? Freeze the flag?

I guess the conspiracy will be if they went to the moon, but saw things that ordinary people cannot know about, and it is the reason of all the mystery, that, or they never landed on the moon, at least the 'first' time.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Such a historic mission to have video footage completely wiped out; and because we're talking in the thousands... this was no accident! I smell a rat! NASA is so full of crap I wouldn't believe anything they say. When they couldn't admit to pulsating orbs a mile in diameter from video shot from the STS missions, I knew then we would never get the truth. Show me a dust particle a mile in diameter... then I'll believe NASA. Don't believe anything NASA tells you and only half of what you see... it's the biggest deception of all time.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Here is the story if you haven't read it but this tells me these new images will not prove anything for they are digital enhances or old material. Worthless beyond pretty pictures but if there was other evidence, say of UFOs, this will not show them.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
How convenient. I bet we could have anticipated this was the next thing NASA would say. They are becoming predictable trying not to be predictable.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
i heard this on the radio news yesterday
that the Nasa tapes were lost

but

they were excited because Parkes in Australia had tapes too!

but

they can't find them...

mmmmmmmmmm

new topics

top topics

join