It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oshkosh MRAP-ATV for Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

This is a new video of the Oshkosh MATV.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Oshkosh M-ATV is an MRAP armored fighting vehicle developed to have the same levels of protection as previous MRAPs but with improved mobility. It utilizes the MTVR chassis and TAK-4 suspension with the Plasan designed armored hull developed for the Northrop Grumman/Oshkosh JLTV.[2] Originally one of five candidates down selected for the M-ATV (MRAP All Terrain Vehicle) program, the Oshkosh M-ATV was chosen on June 30 2009 to be the sole winner of the contest. Oshkosh Corporation received an initial order for 2244 vehicles in a contract worth $1.06B. According to the United States Marine Corps program officer for MRAP, Brigadier General Michael Brogan, the Oshkosh M-ATV was chosen because it had the best survivability and Oshkosh had the best technical and manufacturing capabilities of all the competitors. The Oshkosh bid was also the second cheapest. The first vehicles are expected to be in Afghanistan by October 2009 and all should be delivered by March 2010.[3] [4][5][6][7]

This vehicle will be a life saver while at the same time meet the soldiers and Marines' needs in Afghanistan as troops are being shifted to that theater. No doubt the vehicles in Iraq will be less effective with so much weight and the terrain it faces where in Iraq it has paved roads and flat terrain where there is hardly none in Afghanistan and is mostly mountains.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Is it just me or do I think the BMP can kick its ass any day?

They should've had added an enclosed rotating gun turret like that on the BMP.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
i think that looks cool as hell. but that's just me

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Conjoined All-Terrain Anti-Mine Ambush Repellent Armoured Next-generation (CATAMARAN) Vehicle
© Peter Dow
The CATAMARAN vehicle concept is the original idea of Peter Dow of Aberdeen, Scotland and was published on 26th July 2010. All copyrights are retained by Peter Dow.

More details of the CATAMARAN Vehicle here.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Mr Peter Dow]

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Mr Peter Dow]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Introducing HUMPBAC - an armoured personnel carrier with a connecting doorway from the rear of the vehicle to walk through into the armoured passenger trailer. Tickets please!

HUMPBAC
Hinged Under-floor-Mine-Protection Battle-ready Armoured-personnel Carrier
Copyright © Peter Dow, 7th August, 2010.

HUMPBAC Features
  • Trailer bolts firmly to the rim of the vehicle forming a rigid joint
  • Rear section of vehicle is hinged to articulate the trailer's vertical motion
  • Movement of hinged rear section accommodated by a hump in the roof
  • Vehicle rear door can serve as a connecting doorway to the trailer section
  • Front vehicle seats a maximum of 11 people
  • Armoured passenger trailer seats a maximum of 7 people
  • Vehicle with trailer seats a maximum of 18 people
  • Roof mounted remote-controlled machine guns- front, top & tail gun
  • Trailer wheel steering
  • 6-wheel drive
  • Telescopic Rear Axle & Wheels
  • Rotation on the spot
  • Even axle weight distribution
  • 5 : 3 weight & length ratio, 5 (vehicle) : 3 (trailer)

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Mr Peter Dow]

new topics

top topics

join