It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of course, I see

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
how this justifies war, death of innocent people, violation of human rights, lies, deception, half-truths, and political rhetoric.

Sure, we should support our government, right or wrong, and further follow their policies to the point that we send young men and women to dies halfway around the world based onthe fact that we are the only super power and make the rules.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-American even if we do have the military might to to enforce our ideas half a world away. I should back a government acting like thugs brandishing weapons of destruction to hold the world at bay so we can live our (harrumph) peaceful lives.

America, not Iraq, nor any Arab nation, started this war.
If the positions were reversed, would you welcome the Arabs with open arms?

G

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I think you'll find you have a lot more support than you think. I am not anti-American. I am a staunch believer in the Constitution and the principles this country was founded on.

Bush has consistently violated those principles. The invasion of Iraq was a violation of those principles. As well as being conducted in an incompetent manner.

The chain of command involved with the Iraqis who were tortured has violated those principles. The individuals who tortured and humiliated those Iraqis have violated those principles. Doing it on orders didn't wash for the Nazis after WWII and it doesn't wash now.

These people have betrayed their country and all it should stand for in this world. They are the ones who are unAmerican, who are anti-American. They have spit on everything the word American stands for. They get no support from me because I am a loyal American.

I don't know where the idea of "our country, right or wrong" came from. It is certainly not in line with the way our founding fathers saw things. America exists precisely because our founders did not believe in: "Your country, love it or leave it." When their country betrayed them, they revolted.

No, we do not have to "support our government" when it commits evil in our name. We do not have to defend the undefendable. Our first duty is to uphold the Constitution. Our first loyalty must be to the principles this country was founded on. It is our duty, as Americans, to support our Constitution and the rule of law and balance of powers that it clearly deliniates.

The Constitution and the rule of law make up the living heart of America. When our hearts beat in time with that heart, then we can call ourselves Americans.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
There is no war in Iraq. George W Bush declared vistory over a year ago, and every Iraqi was pleased to be liberated - and welcomed the occupying American forces with open arms.

The whole effort has been managed with great efficiency, minimal 'human destruction', with respect for the rights of all local citizens; no illegal profits have been made at massively inflated prices for major contractors rebuilding Iraq.

The Bush administration has made a major contribution to peace and order in the middle east in the new millennium.

Gosh. I can lie when I want to too, that bunch of crap was all so easy.

[Edited on 8-5-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Masked Avatar,

you are very naughty.

EDIT: ADDED SMILEYS

[Edited on 8-5-2004 by glee]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

and the principles this country was founded on.

WAS is the keyowrd is WAS founded on. This country is turning to crap by power hungry bastardes!!!

[Edited on 8-5-2004 by AD5673]

new topics

top topics

join