It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Race and BS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Ok...

Didn't know any other site but this one to vent into, here goes:

Couple things that bother me and seemingly NO ONE else in "Hypnotized.. don't think for yourself, rather let the media think for you America":

1. Our President: here's a guy that in no way ever touts his racial pride by his 'white ' side, ya the actual side that showed him love and respect and subsequently put his ungrateful ass thru Harvard, rather he goes on and on about his 'black' side..the father split BTW and didn't raise him in true 'black' fashion.
Guess being white isn't as cool as it once was. BULLSH#T

2. Parades: Ok here's where i may lose most of you.....in America we LOVE to think we're all liberal and accepting...why then, do we need to segregate racial classes with parades and advertising? Can't we all just be proud to be American?! I mean i am half Sicilian and half welsh.....both places can burn for all i care..not my home never was. Why then Puerto Rican or St. Paddys Day or Columbus Day Parades?! BULLSH#T

3. Proud to be.....: Ok if you were born in America and never been anywhere else? Why then are you proud to be Italian or Black or Latin? like it so much? GO THERE!!!...otherwise be proud to be American. BULLSH#T

4. Social Graces like being Politically Correct: I won't call a Black an African-American if he/she was born here..why would i? You're American. That being said..please refer to me as a European-American and NOT white...goes both ways. Guess with this i could refer to my Egyptian grocer as an African-American too.
BULLSH#T

Bottom line is things wont change till THINGS change.

This bother anyone at all?

[edit on 17-7-2009 by jeddun]

[edit on 17-7-2009 by jeddun]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jeddun

I think you just about covered it.

Of course, it would be more efficient if WE could spend our own money.

BS!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

LOL right on man...no doubt. I just get SO mad at people and their collective BS. Just be honest, you know?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The majority of Americans nowadays are indoctrinated by media (and a few other choice institutions) to be almost incapable of accepting that there is only one (human) race and all the rest is crap someone with a map and a crayon invented.

We still, to this day, see even our most noble and honorable leaders clinging to the notion that we are somehow 'different' from one another. We're not. Never have been.

Drop a person in a blender and in the end I will defy you to tell me what race, or creed, or ideology they chose to adhere to or were born into.

Pride is the mother of all sin, and the easiest wedge to drive between people who are too strong to manipulate if they stick together.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Tend to agree....shame really...world would be a great place without people wouldn't it? lol

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I just don't see the need to micro manage and re-classify racial types the way the world does...honestly..do we really need all these segregated notions like cultural parades and events? cant we relish the fact the we actually did it..defied all notions of inequality and forged a nation because of it? doesn't that get lost someplace between the Pres doing something celebrity and the 6o'clock news?

I just don't see how people can form committees and groups and organizations that are race motivated and at the same time tune into their fav program and get an earful of how we should all love one another and how we're all the same on the inside!!! LOL. Reeks of BS doesn't it? You cant have it both ways.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
someday you'll see him play the white card...just think ,someday we'll be the minority..peoples will feel sorry for us...we can sue because our feelings were hurt..hell, dark people will actually lighten their skin..then we'll take over...

[edit on 17-7-2009 by blkraven7]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Furthermore:

WHY the HELL does there need to be a freakin investigation into 'foul play' on Michael Jacksons death?

Cant they(blacks) just see it as it is? he was a junky that died a junky....They always have to get in there and blame someone else. I really don't understand this anomaly...and it is NOT a rcial stereotype or smash to blacks...as its played true more than 100 times in the media.

When a white junky like oooooh layne staley (singer for alice in chains) dies...i slept fine.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Here is something no one here seems to understand about the "black side"

In America, whether you acknowledge it or not, being black or black mixed is looked as if it is a lower caste if you will.

That is simply the way it has been for a long time. I am not saying that I support any of the NWO's candidates but they know the rules they have brainwashed society with, and they know how to play society. It's merely the psychological bombardment that has assaulted the minds of millions for hundreds of years. That is why he portrays his black side more, because he is seen as black by the American society. It is merely the ideology hammered into our society, so if you want to complain about it, complain to your parents, grand parents, great grandparents, and the masters of their mind and psyche. Complain about how they were too weak to fight back and to form their own opinions, rather than to follow and further progress what they were indoctrinated with.

You can break the chain, you can stand up to the NWO. It is up to you, do not become failures like those who came before you. Do not grow angry. They desire you to grow angry. When you grow angry and start to hate the NWO, you can not lash out at them, for they have made themselves untouchable in their present state. Your hate forms inside of you and you release it on those around you. This is where they fuel your hate with false dualities like race, gender, liberal, and conservative. Rise above it all and love.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
black music awards . whats that all about?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
ok , #1... What exactly is true black fashion?!?....I'm black & Puerto Rican and I happen to be pretty articulate and I consider myself well read. You'd be amazed how many times people tell me "oh , you speak so well!" , I speak so well!?!... do you know how much of an insult that is!?!....

#2 Parades , as far as liberal and accepting , I personally consider myself more of a conservative , but I enjoy all of the parades and festivals we have in this country because it gives you a chance to experience things that you may not normally be accustomed to. Like eating cabbage , Corned beef and soda bread on saint pat's & hearing the old folks talk about how it was when they came over here , or having some REAL Italian food (I'm from Jersey) and sitting in Hoboken listening to what Guiseppe and his 5 brothers did for money during the 20's while drinking Grappa on Columbus Day . The point is , It is my opinion that these celebrations bring us together , not divide us. I mean EVERYONE'S Irish on St. Pats. It all has to do with your point of view

#3 Maybe YOU'VE never been anywhere else but I've been to Bahrain , South Korea, Japan, Germany, Australia and Thailand. As Far as racial pride I really don't think there is anything wrong with It as long as you aren't infringing on others rights and you're non violent. Just because I'm Black & Puerto Rican and I go to the Puerto Rican Parade doesn't mean I don't want to live here. 1st of all I don't know where the country Blackaricania is and 2nd of all I signed my life away for 4 Years in the Marine Corps for my OWN Country so there should be NO DOUBT where my loyalty lies... can you say the same?

#4 as far as "social Graces" and being "PC" I don't refer to my self as black , I refer to myself as me , I'm a person like you, we're people 1st. The media and society labels me black. Some of my buddies have last names that end in vowels and come from different parts of the boot. The Media labels them white , If you call them white they'll be quick to tell you they're Italian , even though they're 4th generation. Personally I think people get too hung up on labels and the biggest thing that divides us is FEAR. Fear of the unknown, fear of other races is learned , not natural... Personally I see people as people I don't say , the Korean guy, or the Black kid, or the white guy. Like I've said before on here , I put people into 2 classes. "DOUCHEBAG" and "STAND UP GUY" or "Good People" Don't worry so much about the skin color , your falling for the game "divide and conquer"...lol Wake Up

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by da pickles
black music awards . whats that all about?

Well It's all about 2 hours long , but With CPT sometimes it runs longer

Well originally the grammy's didn't have a category for some black music so there were different avenues for black artists to be recognized , sorta like the ALMA awards for Latinos. I mean the 1st black guy on MTV was Michael Jackson... REALLY!?!

[edit on 17-7-2009 by EyesWideShut]

[edit on 17-7-2009 by EyesWideShut]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I've got a post going on about a war in a different country... I used the word 'spook' of course, referring to CIA, but I forgot to spell it out...I guess I assumed that everyone reading would understand....someone came on saying everyone that replied to my post should be ashamed...geez...

yeah, my skin happens to be kinda light...cajun, irish, german and commanche...just about as much of a mongrel as you can get....I'm in the minority in my community....

I just don't know why someone will try to discredit everything you have ever done in the entire world if you happen to use a word they don't agree with...or that they PERCEIVE to mean something derogatory...when did we go from not paying attention, to actively seeking out any opportunity to play the race card?

I will be one of the first in line to speak out against racism...but for Pete's sake, take things in context...how can a person that signed up a YEAR ago, not know any different meanings for the word 'spook'?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

I think that's some sort of internal guilt... I'm 28 , and used to work in the intel community 0231/Intel USMC Semper Fi... Living in Jersey that was the 1st time I had EVER heard the word spook. I didn't know until later on talking to my uncle from the south that it was a derogatory term , same thing with coon... I though it was a Raccoon...lol

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I am half Mexican, racially, but I was born here in America (Minneapolis Minnesota) and during my upbringing, there was --NO-- Hispanic enculturement to me. I have been told that, when I talk, I sound like the folks (accent) from the movie 'Fargo'. Hispanics look at me like I walked off a UFO. I am an American, and I will talk, walk, and sound and act like an American till the day I phase to the Other Side. Mexico is --NOT-- where I hail from and my loyalty will NEVER be to it. I don't care that I don't speak or read Spanish, and niether should anyone else.
I always thought I was Left Wing, but am continually noticing that there are matters of which I am --quite-- 'Right'. One of them is political correctness. Back in the very early eighties, during my time in the USAF, I worked in a classified site, in access to exotic levels of Top Secret. My security clearance was Top Secret Crypto NATO. Myself and --most-- of the other Airman were there due to affirmative action racial quotas. The mostly young black males in there smoked pot, bought drugs, probably sold drugs, and conducted theft. One time one of them kept stealing everyone's lunches and snacks, so the Officers put ex-lax in a Hershey wrapper and the perp got obviously found out. There was so much burglerey going on off and on base, that the AFOSI and Security Police were overwhelmed. One time, while in my work center, I set my purse down, and turned away shortly, then turned back to my purse and all my cash I had left till my next payday was gone.

This is the very first time that I have unloaded this, much less on the internet. I have recieved and witnessed many many many more circumstances like those stories, due to race based affirmative action quotas.
In regards to the above testimony, you readers will likely have a lot of questions, and be shocked and dismayed by what I have Disclosed about my enlistment, but I will reassure you that my workcenter situation with the classified site, came to a head ultimately. Wrongdoers were exposed and disposed, so-2-speak, the workcenter was emptied out and overhauled, and I myself even, went on to other things, as so did all the other co-workers.

I saw how Supreme Court candidate Sonya Sotamayor tried to pull that affirmative action crap again, with fireman personnel. Everyone should ONLY be hired on their qualifications. ALL races should realize that all races have been afflicted. I think about how the white Irish immigrants were viewed and treated.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeddun
Ok...

Didn't know any other site but this one to vent into, here goes:

Couple things that bother me and seemingly NO ONE else in "Hypnotized.. don't think for yourself, rather let the media think for you America"

Hypnotized:

to be put into a state of hypnosis
to be affected or influenced by or as if by hypnotism

You understand that right?
Or perhaps a mirror allergy is involved?

Soldier on ...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by simonecharisse

I grew up in San Antonio, TX...all of my friends were Hispanic...a term which wasn't used back then...funny how we always change what we're calling each other isn't it? What's wrong with person?

It used to be a lot worse. all the time in the news, 'Black male' this and 'Hispanic Male' that...what does it matter?

I think it's amusing (forgive me) how people make assumptions based on our race. Like the guy who surprised people because he 'spoke well' and how people assume that if you are of Hispanic descent that it means you can speak Spanish.

I see a lot of stereotyping here based on race... innuendos about how crimes are more predominant in a given race...I find it hard to buy in to that. I think we are all naturally a little bit biased..In my opinion, its hard wired into us to aid in survival...but I think of the most evil, heinous people I have ever heard about, and they are the same color as me.

Which poses an interesting question...kind of related...if not, smack me and disregard...

Are we more likely to absorb and retain knowledge of the evils of people of our own color or to relate crime to persons with a different skin shade?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I feel your pain jeddun,

HA! I could care less white, black, red, yellow or green. If your an ^$$&@!=$ your an ^$$&@!= (maybe not the green chicks, Capt. Kirk was the man
).
How bout all the white people take the week off next month and see how the economy goes.
Just sayin

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Hallelujia!

Right on the money bro!...

Ive got one for ya...

Religious and political pandering...Its occurences have been constant on here at least for the last 6 months.

People make comments just to pander to whichever religion and/or political views they are affiliated with without subjectivity what-so-ever!

Totally sick of it! Its pathetic and a sad way of going through life, and it is more than annoying.

Its not about changing peoples mind, its about taking a gander at the whole picture.

It is not about pushing your limited perspective on what you believe to be right so all your ATS buddies can come in and agree with you and star your f**king post!

Its f**king BS! Straight up!

new topics

top topics

join