It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cure for radiation sickness found?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Cure for radiation sickness found?

www.ynetnews.com

Exclusive: Dramatic discovery by Jewish-American scientists could change world; anti-radiation medication proves effective, safe in tests. Further experiments to be fast tracked, FDA approval possible within 1-2 years
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
(Not sure if this is right place to put this story, Im sure it will get moved to the right place if it is not.)

Maybe now in a nuclear war you chances of survival have now gone up.

However its not looking good for iran, if israel wont fear a nuclear war as the can protect most of its people with these injections.

www.ynetnews.com

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
A tin suit perhaps.
The block the cause of radioactivity and you got the cure.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This is really incredible, thanks for the link.

However, I dont know that it will ever get approval, seeing as it would make the collateral damage of a nuclear attack minimal. After the crushing shockwaves that is.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Anything to lessen human suffering is a great boon.

I just wish it wasn't so blatantly spun to make it all about Israeli-American research.

Research should not be about nationalities or subgroups of human culture. It should be about humanity as a whole.

I guess I'm not in sync with the media on this one.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
So, they need radiation protection pretty fast..??

Better then millions of HazMats (BioSuits) I'm sure !!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
I just wish it wasn't so blatantly spun to make it all about Israeli-American research.

Keep in mind this is Y-Net News, which is an Israeli news site. Not that I don't agree with you, but I think you would see less emphasis on the country of origin in an American report on the same subject, and less emphasis still on a European report. This is not 'the media' as such, this is the Israeli media.

Definitely an interesting development though. It appears like good news, but then it does seem like it could make the decision to press that big red button considerably easier.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

To be honest to you that is the first thing It came to my mind, somebody is doing a lot of research on Nuclear radiation for what? a possible nuclear war?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
would this make a chance for a nucluer war increase because now we dont dont have to worry about the after effects of the people. which is a main concern

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Israel is a relatively young Nation. They have much to learn still. Give them time they will come around.

One of the things that is helping them along right now is their unity. They are just using religion in the same way we would use our Patriotism and Freedom to stand United.

There WILL come a time when Humanity realizes the idiocy of having a "Jewish" nation or a "Muslim" nation. Hopefully that time is not before they wipe each other out and there simply ceases to exist ANY Nation in that area.

Like I said give them time they will come around. One way or the other.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
If it's coming from the Israeli news media, it's most likely war propaganda aimed at Iran - although Iran's probably laughing at it all the same.

Still, as many nukes as this planet has the potential to launch, I really doubt we'll have to worry about fallout anyway.

If anything, it will be saved for the higher ups as they exit the bunkers a little early.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by godsavethequeen

(Not sure if this is right place to put this story, Im sure it will get moved to the right place if it is not.)

Maybe now in a nuclear war you chances of survival have now gone up.

However its not looking good for iran, if israel wont fear a nuclear war as the can protect most of its people with these injections.

www.ynetnews.com

Maybe you misunderstand, even with the injection, the horrible atomic blast will still evaporate you entirely.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Anything to lessen human suffering is a great boon.

Research should not be about nationalities or subgroups of human culture. It should be about humanity as a whole.

I guess I'm not in sync with the media on this one.

Trust me friend, it's not you who is out of sync with the media, the media is out of sync with the people.

I am sick of it and I no longer indulge in mainstream media except to see what they are, or are not, reporting.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Incredible...
I wasn't even thinking about surviving nuclear war, just imagine engineers being able to walk right up to a nuclear reactor to work on it or picking up nuclear waste without fear of being killed.
Maybe it won't be strong enough to actually do that but it'd sure be neat to pick up a plutonium rod, and instead of instantly dying just saying 'hey it tickles'

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Tin suite? I read up on nuclear waradn survival. IF near ground zero..yuode need a minimal, of 6 inches of steel..or under minimum 3 feet of water. hazmat and tin sutis, would be useless. They be a hlep if was onths later yes.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
UV might be the initial worse contact.
Alpha rays are shielded by normal clothing.
Perhaps tin works on electrons.
X-Rays and gamma rays go through everything so why worry.
High speed particles might be bad.

UV is known to knock out electrons so some adjacent DNA molecules
get stuck together thus unless unstuck, repaired, the genetic material
goes bad.

There was a cure noted in 1967.
Can't tell if this is the same thing.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by godsavethequeen

This is pretty cool...

Why did they point out it was jewish scientists though? What the f does that have to do with anything?

Some kind of propaganda maybe?

Peace

Edit: I see it came from a israeli news site, but I still dont see what it has to do with anything.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

Serious mind control need a united effort.
All the science and space news from US and UK has to be joined
by anyone give the OK by the INTEL units.

When control of gravity is at stake then the snakes come out.

join