It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Doesn't Want Your Children to Play Too Much Xbox

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
*sigh* There are really only two things that bother me about this, neither being all that big of a deal, just minor iritants.

1. The Xbox is the only console made in the USA right now. I'd have prefered he said "video games" to make his point rather than "Xbox." Some sheep out there probably confiscated their kids' Xboxes 'cause Obama said it... which leads to my other issue...

2. Subserviance to the president. Maybe it is because I'm in my early 30's and grew up with the generation X, don't tell me what to do, kiss my ass era, but it really gets to me to see that there are still people in this country who prescribe to the Leave it to Beaver mentallity, taking everything the POTUS (or any "authority" figure) says as somehow holding some sort of importance based on their position in the pecking order. The only moral authority anyone holds over me is whatever level of authority I decide to allow them to have. CUrrently, I allow this adminsitration to hold NO moral authority over me because I distrust/despise/disdain them. In fact, if Obama said "don't run with scisors" I'd quite possibly be seen shortly afterward skipping down the sidewalk with a pair of shears in each hand purely out of spite. I do not need him telling me ANYTHING about the proper way to raise my children, especially anything common sensical because I happen to believe I have more common sense than he ever has had. And yes, his comment was common sense...

Don't let your children stay up all night playing [video games]"

Well DUH!!!!
Why the hell didn't any of us think of that before Obama stated it?

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join