It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar orbiter photographs Apollo landing sites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Forty years after the Apollo 11 voyage to the moon, NASA released photographs from the new Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter spacecraft Friday showing five of the six Apollo landing sites. Shadows cast by the Apollo descent stages are clearly visible and in some cases, the moon walkers' paths can be seen in the disturbed dust

Full news article

Well, there you have it. they have taken pictures of five of the six landing sites. Whats everyones take on the validity of this?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
WHAT?!?!?!? You mean we actually went to the moon??? OMG!!!! [/sarcasm]

Pretty cool pics. I never doubted that we went. I used to watch the command modules circle the moon during the landings through my uncle's telescope.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
That's rubbish. It's just a load of grey with some indistinguishable blobs on. Why does the picture look so bad? Astronauts's footprints? I can't see anything on those pictures. I suppose i'll just have to take NASA for their word.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

I agree that the pictures should be FAR better lol. For some reason every time we photograph the moon we seem to be forever stuck in 1969.

I can not see any footprints either and as far as the LM, could be an alien moon base for all I can tell

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Here is a slideshow with landing information put out by the Discovery network.

Discover network slide show

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
That's rubbish. It's just a load of grey with some indistinguishable blobs on. Why does the picture look so bad? Astronauts's footprints? I can't see anything on those pictures. I suppose i'll just have to take NASA for their word.

It's funny you say that because when a UFO video is gray with some indistinguishable blobs everyone wets themselves.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Scopeless

Some people might, but i don't.

Second Line

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
reply to post by Kram09

I agree, could be an alien moon base

top topics

join