It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back Pakistan in terror fight, Clinton tells India

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Back Pakistan in terror fight, Clinton tells India

www.washingtonpost.com

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton urged India on Friday to join Washington in supporting Pakistan's fight against terrorism, but Delhi demanded results before it begins formal peace talks with its rival.

Clinton is due to arrive in Mumbai late on Friday to start a five-day visit designed to cement ties and dispel any doubts about U.S. President Barack Obama's commitment to India's role as a rising global power.

India was infuriated in June when a Pakistani cou
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well i'm all for cooperation, even with a rival.

Looking at the facade of things, obviously one would think thi is a good request by Clinton.

However here's my issue with this scenario.

1) U.S. sent billions of dollars to Pakistan to fight terroism
2) Pakistan instead used that money for arms against India
3) U.S. found out, but kept sending them money - this is funding terroism, knowingly!
4) After all of this U.S. asks India to back Pakistan?

Am I the only one that sees this as upside down?

Middle East Treaty at Camp David brought little peace, for that little Peace U.S. had to send money to Israel and Egypt every year, in essence pay them to be peaceful.

Now:

Clinton is due to arrive in Mumbai late on Friday to start a five-day visit designed to cement ties and dispel any doubts about U.S. President Barack Obama's commitment to India's role as a rising global power.

Back Pakistan and in return Obama commits to India being a rising global power!

What is this????

I am not against cooperation, but we must look at Pakistan's past. Firstly for the one's funding terroism(U.S.) telling India to back Pakistan(using U.S. Money to Attack India) is really something else!

The world is soooo upside down IMO

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Whats really funny IMO is this sequence

The US says Pakistan is the epicentre of international terrorism, the worst nuclear proliferator, the Pakistani premier admits to have homegrown terorism exported abroad as made in Pakistan.

As a pat on the back for being honest, the US gives billions of dollars in aid to Pak for weaponry.

Rogue elements in Pak ISI and military pass on the same weapons to homegrown, exportable version, terror groups.

These terror groups commit more terrorism, with the US as the numero uno enemy. More American interests and American themselves are targetted.

Then the US calls Pakistan its frontline ally against terror and gives it more arms.

And the cycle begins once again.

The US keeps getting bitten in the ass all the time, and yet, gives teeth and power to those who bite it at the earliest possible opportunity.

Although incomprehensible to a small mind like mine, I really love the irony here!

new topics

join