It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Pharma Bribes Doctors to Hook Your Kids on Drugs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Big Pharma Bribes Doctors to Hook Your Kids on Drugs

www.alternet.org

The pharmaceutical-industrial complex has virtually annexed the mental health profession, whose all-star opportunist team is captained by Harvard psychiatrist Joseph Biederman, the high-profile doctor most responsible for the explosion of kids on psychiatric drugs, first for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and then for bipolar disorder. In 2008, Biederman was nailed by Congressional investigators for taking $1.6 million from drug makers from 2000 to 2007 and failing to report most of this loot to his university, a major conflict of interest in violation of the rules.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-7-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This is most certainly a growing epidemic, the world over.

The pharma giants have infiltrated college medical training programs prolifically, and most of the material is provided by them in the forms of grants and funding. Can anyone say conflict of interests? But yet very few are questioning or shedding light on this. We and our children are being MEDICATED first and foremost, and many times there are alternative, or even homeopathic solutions to these problems, yet our medical professionals are catering to the masters which "hone" their profession to benefit them in the form of gross profiteering, no matter what the cost.

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
depopulation! "they" need to do it slow & careful in the developed nations. "they" can't just bomb us like it's a third-world country.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well, I just wanted to chime in with my experience. I worked at a local deli and the pharma reps would order food for the doctors and their employees and they would go all out. I would go and deliver, set up and clean up and I would see they way they basically bribe the doctors with bonuses and a assortment of things to push their meds and not even inform them of the potential side effects. Although the doctor should be doing his or her own research on the drugs before pushing it on people. My son has ADHD and my son's doctor and I really got into it one day because he kept trying to push these damn meds. on my son, I was trying to explain that I know, through my own research, that there are natural ways to treat his condition. He kept telling me I couldn't do that and he needs drugs. Needless to say the doctor is not his doctor anymore and I have been treating his naturally for over 4 years now and he is doing great... presidents honor roll I might add. Just a note of caution to parents, don't put your kids on meds that you don't know anything about. Investigate,investigate,and investigate it again. Good thread....star and flag!Peace!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
yes, they are massively powerful, and are succeeding in completely hijacking medicine. Already they are making powerful moves to illegitimize any alternative or natural forms of healing, and limiting our rights and access to substances or even fruits or veggies that may compete with their patented products. All western medicine knows how to do now is cut people open, and to give drugs. And they no longer "cure" anything...now all their research is set towards managing symptoms....continuing money in that.

Thing is, money and lobbying are how bills become laws in the US despite what you may have learned in school, and big pharma has lots of both. Unless the system is changed as a whole, they will retain their stranglehold on our rights. As such, its only a matter of time before the codex alimentarius is imposed here on the citizens of the US. Get ready for them to illegalize vitamins and supplements, and start putting upper limits on the allowable amount of vitamins and nutrients in the foods you are allowed to eat.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Great post DD!

Truth is though, the Big Pharma influence was invited into the "Higher" education system by the Universities themselves.

Ever hungry for more dollars and facing an increasing need to promote their 'political' relevance, chancellors and presidents lined up on the gravy train to ensure their research efforts became revenue-generating activities.

But then, most of those people were already elitist garbage to begin with.

They have already reduced the impact of a Baccalaureate to the same standing as a High School Diploma, thus ensuring that our professionals start their careers under a crushing debt. And they have corrupted research for their own ends.

Big Pharma simply fostered the practice... after all it was good for business.....

Of course, the fact that many are waking up to the snake-oil scam of petrochemicals as a way of life are beginning to worry them.... thank goodness for them that the government will give them the right to force their choice of expensive drug on you.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by freeyourmind1111

Star for you and thankfully you didn't put him on the medication, as their certainly are easier ways to take care of it. Besides the price alone I have found that the medication do more damage to ones body and mind more so than they do to help. Loss of memory, and basically it makes one feel trapped inside of your own body as well.

A little test I did in psychology class was basically taking a test while on the medication and taking while off of it, surprised to say that basically being off the medication I found out that my test score was actually higher than when I was on it, not to mention I was more social than anti-social.

So good to hear a story from someone who wasn't going to force the medication on their children. Have heard far to many times as to how many parents would rather do that so star for you

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pexx421

Thanks, for that post, is nice to see other people that understand the big hoax that big pharmacy has become.

Let no forget the statins drugs, blood pressure pills and diabetic drugs that kill more and do more damage that they do good.

While making people be milking cows for life.

I felt for the retalin for my son and I will never forget the damage I cause on my son's life for the year he was hook on that junk.

But he is now an adult never have hold anything against me for that terrible year.

Any doctor that takes drug money from big pharma should be put in jail for trafficking on prescription drugs.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
S&F

I dropped a doctor once because she spent far more time with the drug reps than with patients. ...Of course, they all do now. The whole approach in Western medicine if focused on the "one symptom one pill" analysis, and they have the computer programs to prove it - and support it.

Maybe it's not too late to change...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Any doctor that takes drug money from big pharma should be put in jail for trafficking on prescription drugs.

Missed this. Sorry.

YES. Charged with trafficking, jailed. And nail Big Pharma for conspiracy to commit.

Yeah Marg.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Not a suprise to me at all actually. I remember when I was 15 and my grandma forced me to see a councelor. She talked with me for an hour and immediatly wanted me to see the psych doctor so he could put me on meds. I was not having it.

Its ridiculous. Instead of talking with the kids and helping them through letting them get there feelings out, it seems its so much for easier for them to just drug you and send you on your way.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Conspicuous by their silence in this crisis is the American Medical Association. If they honored their mission they would have put an end to this greedy, corrupt, unethical nonsense years ago. The corporate fascist State is definately complete. People think it's just the banksters, oil, and the military industrial complex that are running the show. This one may be the most dangerous because they're most likely (the medical industry in cohoots with big pharma) compromising brain development in the toddlers they're prescribing drugs for, as well as laying the groundwork for future neurological complications, not to mention addiction. BTW, when I took Respiratory Pharmacy in school it was clear that the long-term effects of psychotropic drugs was uncertain but most likely to lead to further neurological problems beyond the current ones.

Like others have said, if a drug keeps a kid quiet and cooperative, then the parents have nothing but thanks and praise, but what price does the child pay down the road and what price does society pay?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I got an idea all!!! IF mandatory vaccination was ever imposed...show them this article. Supopse yuo dont wanna get vaccinated, believing it smight be near deadly too your health, but the government, as ussual dont care. Look at what this guy did, and yuor promoting FDA! and im suuposed to belive anything yuo tell me?
That woukld be my excuse!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
My Dr is around 45-50ish, and is great!

He, like myself, is anti Pharma (there is a time and place) and drives him nuts with the drug rep visits.

I can pick them out a mile away. There are a few good drug reps out there.

I just can't Brown Nose and be Fake, and act their fake parts. I would qualify for the position, I just don't qualify on the moral end.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Gigantea Rosa

Thank you!
It's interesting, your little test, and the outcome dosent really surprise me. I have always thought that a lot of these meds suppress us spiritually and mentally and are just really bad for you in general. I like to go naturally. After all, these synthetic drugs they want us to take are based in nature, it's just more profitable to make synthetics with potentially very bad effects. A good book talking about this is "Tales of a Shaman's Apprentice- An Ethnobotonist Searches for New Medicines in the Amazon Rain Forest" by Mark J. Plotkin,Ph.D. I wish more parents would ask questions and not just take a drug because a supposed all knowing doctor says so.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Imo schools often play a role in all this. My nephew was diagnosed with a mild form of autism and ADHD. My sis-in-law was told by the local school that my nephew would not be enrolled until he was evaluated. It was decided in order to enroll him he needed to be put on meds. My sis-in-law wanted no part of these drugs but was working full time and was separated from her husband so home schooling was not possible.

This started 13 years ago. He has been on a number of powerful drugs that have caused many irreversible side effects. Tourette's was unfortunately one of those side effects. Now he's 18 and I believe he is still taking them. One drug helps him sleep, due to his meds he couldn't sleep. My sis-in-law is so worried about this drug because it puts him in such a deep sleep she can't get him to wake up during the night. She worries about fire and him living alone someday. Instead they keep uping the dosage.

He is now permanently disabled over something that many Dr's have said he would have outgrown or overcome with age. He no longer displays any signs of autism. I often wonder if he was even mildly autistic to begin with.

He works part time but the Tourette's keeps him under-employed.

top topics

join