It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter warns pipeline blasts could get "a lot worse"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Letter warns pipeline blasts could get "a lot worse"

toronto.ctv.ca

The RCMP says it's "very concerned" about another threatening letter sent to a Dawson Creek newspaper purportedly by a pipeline bomber in northeastern B.C.

The letter warns attacks will "get a lot worse" if EnCana, the company that produces and ships natural gas in the area, doesn't start pulling out within three months.

The Dawson Creek Daily News says the two-page handwritten letter, which it received on Wednesday, promises a "summer vacation" free of attacks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.miamiherald.com
bc.rcmp.ca
bc.rcmp.ca
bc.rcmp.ca

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Well there have been six terrorist attacks againts pipelines in North East British Columbia. All but one has been against sour gas pipelines.
Some people claim that the person(s) are just fed up with the issue of gas production in there area. I personally believe that the person(s) are going to kill a lot of people. So far the damaged pipelines are getting closer to population centers.

I think that who ever is doing this is learning. I've heard the blasts are getting more skilled. Even though the terrorist is claiming they were fully in control of the blasts. They are demanding a stop to oil and gas exploration and that solar and wind power facilities be installed in there place.

toronto.ctv.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Yep I expect to see more attacks on pipelines by 'terrorists' over the next few years which in turn will push the price of fuel up at the pumps which in turn will make the oil companies richer (if thats possible)

naughty terrorists!

[edit on 17-7-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The person bombing this pipeline referred to as 'Terrorist'...

Does the pipe in the line itself seem or act like it is frightened? Does the pipe quiver, shake, have sudden and inexplicable mood swings, finds itself acting more and more anti-social and afraid to go out where the other pipes get together and dance and drink on the weekends?

It's bad enough our governments want to 'terrorize' us with fear while they run Mafia style protection rackets across the globe to make us feel safer but somewhat poorer...

But terrorizing inanimate objects? That's just a level of sadism I have never encountered before.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I'm sure it causes terror for some of the workers or people in the area. I know I wouldn't be very happy with somebody blowing up things that I work on. What happens if they blow up a section and it causes people to die?

It sounds like you support this person going around planting bombs on these pipe lines.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I'm sure it causes terror for some of the workers or people in the area. I know I wouldn't be very happy with somebody blowing up things that I work on. What happens if they blow up a section and it causes people to die?

It sounds like you support this person going around planting bombs on these pipe lines.

I don't know who is blowing up pipelines or why, so I can't speculate whether their reason is a good one or bad one.

I ride my bicycle everyplace because I refuse to put one dollar in the pockets of the Oil and Energy companies who have a long repuation of raping the lands, pillaging indeginous populations, destablizing regimes, murder and torture, and living and operating above and outside the law.

I sure as heck wouldn't work for them!

If someone's desire to earn a paycheck from a morally bankrupt and criminal style enterprise puts them in harms way...wow there is a surprise.

The point is it is our governments and corporations who are the real terrorists by exposing us to the backlash of their amoral greed and criminality and then villanizing those who won't submit to their control and turn a blind eye to 'how things really get done' and try in their own individual ways to stop it or make the cost of it too high.

George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin were all 'terrorsts' too in their days and guess what...a lot of people did die to change the status quo, today though they are considered 'heros' by most people and not 'terrorists'.

One man's hero is another man's villian, and one man's villain is another man's hero.

Research who owns the pipeline, that company's record in courts throughout the world, and I gaurantee you that you will likely stumble across some things about that company and what it has done to people to employ and enjoy that success that might just lead you to say one day "Hey you need a match"?

Find out the real story! Don't let your government or corporations terrorize you!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
So I guess since I work in the oil field I am immoral and evil right? Well if You feel that way stop buying things made out of plastic and stop driving Your gas guzzling car. I try to earn a honest living just like many other people in this country. I could point at people that work for the government and call them evil. I can also point at people that work for the banks and call them crooks because they steal peoples money. I'll not do that because its pointless and to try to take away someones only means of making a living is wrong... Your opinion is just plain and simple Your opinion and no matter how idiotic it sounds its still Your opinion. To make the person out as a hero whom bombs these pipelines is wrong what is worse is You make the people whom do a honest days work out to be the villians and by Your account they deserve to die... So in my opinion You are a terrorist.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

But how do you figure people are going to die?
The pipelines are usually far from any populations.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Standard Eco terrorist.

Blow or burn things till they kill someone.

This is just what groups like earth first, PETA and earth liberation front have done in the US for years.

I hope some of them get caught and sent to Gitmo and put with real terrorist for a few years.

Oh with this pipeline bomber the cops need to look at the bomber/s being from somewhere 50+ miles away and not a local group.

Eco-terrorist action teams never work in there own back yards.
they trade targets with the local group that travels to another area.

This makes it very hard for the cops because they likely look for someone local.
And eco terrorist seldom hit target where they live because of the way cops think.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
reply to post by exile1981

But how do you figure people are going to die?
The pipelines are usually far from any populations.

Actually most pipeline travel within a few KM of population centers. The attacks have been against mostly sour pipelines. These are ones carrying natural gas that naturally has H2S in it (Hydrogen Sulfide). H2S is taken out at the facility the letter writter mentioned as a future target in the letter.

Everyone of the attacks has resulted in a release of H2S, luckily the amount has been small because the shut off valves have done what they were designed for. H2S in concentrations above 10ppm can be dangerous, above 100ppm fatal. One of the lines targetted was above 20% (not ppm) in concentration, and the predominant winds move towards the towns.

new topics

top topics

join