It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Gamma Ray Bursts - Buckled Magnetopause - Earthquakes - July 15th 2009

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Gamma ray bursts are common, as can be seen here:
www.swift.ac.uk...
They come from very distant sources (so far) and are very weak by the time they get to our sensors. They have no effect on anything. While a gamma ray burst from a near source would be devastating we would be dead before we knew it happened.

This has been a fairly significant event with the magnetopause position being pushed back to a geosynchronous orbit for a period of about 7 days before it snapped back all at once on July 15th only to be suppressed going into the 16th of July once more but at the time of the creation of this video it had not moved below a geosynchronous orbit .

This statement make no sense whatsoever. The magnetopause is not in a geosynchronous orbit. It is not in any orbit. It does not orbit.

The entire article is nonsense.

[edit on 7/17/2009 by Phage]

Good to hear it because it went right over my head.

I am glad somebody is at the damn controls.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
SGR 1806-20 is 50,000 light-years away, that is half way across the Milky Way Galaxy. If a gamma ray burst can cause a gravity way that powerful and to have an effect here on Earth from that far away what would happen if one happened a little closer? What about 5,000 or even 500 light-years? What would happen to Earth?
I am thanking it would be like hitting a grape with a oxygen acetylene torch. Someone tell me I am wrong.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

The gravitational claims are bogus. The gamma rays are the important factor. The burst from SGR 1806-20 briefly affected the ionosphere. Did you notice it? I didn't. Amateur radio operators did though.

A flare from close to home would be bad but as far as we know, we don't have much to worry about.

A similar blast within 3 parsecs (10 light years) of earth would destroy the ozone layer and would be similar to a 12 kt of TNT (50 TJ) nuclear blast at 7.5 km. The nearest known magnetar to earth is 1E 2259+586, 4 kiloparsecs (13,000 light years) away.

www.absoluteastronomy.com...

[edit on 7/17/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
A really powerful burst would burn up the ozone in the atmosphere and turn the sky into a tea colored brown.

Then anyone caught up in it would go blind because it would kill the cells in your retina. It would also kill the cells in your finger nails, so they would stop growing. Your hair cells would be killed and your hair would fall out. Oh, and don't bother eating anything because all the cells in your gut would be killed, so you couldn't digest anything anyways.

It would be a slow horrible way to die.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Has there been any report of a gravity wave detected during this incident, by those multi-ton solid aluminum cylinders that were deposited into the bottom of an abandoned mining tunnel years ago, for that purpose?

Or by that LIGO laser-based gravity wave detector system?

[edit on 7/18/2009 by Larryman]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
WOW -

Excellent Find!!

S and F!!

Something definitely happened and there IS a correlation between flares/burst etc. to quakes.
That is Fact!

please support your claim of fact with some evidence please...

you simply stating it as fact does not make it so!

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by digginforthetruth

Although Phage is right in that some of the claims and statements in the original website are wrong, he is actually wrong in his claim that gamma ray bursts can't do anything to Earth most of the time.

I already posted evidence that other space weather phenomenon also can cause Climate Change, and gamma ray burst, despite the wrong claims of Phage can, and do affect Climate Change. They don't have to be a large event in order to affect us.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

The statements questioningall said, at least the ones you quoted, are right. Go to the first page and look at the excerpts and links i gave. I gave several "peer-reviewed" research data that corroborates that statement she made, and the ones I made.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Are you implying that the gamma ray burst had something to do with the "bite" in the magnetosphere? Electromagnetic radiation (including gamma rays) does not affect the magnetosphere.

No.

Do you see anything there on the 15th at 16:50? I don't either. It looks to me like the simulator had a hiccup over some minor bit of data. In fact it's apparent that the disturbance does come from the direction of the Sun. The dude with the website picked a frame that makes it look like it didn't. More nonsense.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/52dcafb03e84.jpg[/atsimg]
www3.nict.go.jp...

If you had read the article you would have understood that the "official" data is in question here. Your "hiccup" is indicative of such.

I have reason to believe that some of the magnetopause position data has been falsified in the animation though the actual magnetopause position has greatly rebounded into the 15th of July according to the actual data . It is much like a rubberband snapping back into place. I sure would have loved to have seen this actual rebounding take place however that data has been overlayed and censored as you can see towards the end of the first animation in this movie .

So your official sources would also be in question. Yeah, I know, you're gonna laugh it off... and that's ok. But this guy does seem to know what he's talking about. Is it really that hard to believe that official data could be altered?

In your own words, "It's a computer's guess at what is going on. A good guess, but still a guess. The simulation uses data from the ACE satellite."

You can see his thoughts here.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This may be a coincedence or unrelated i dont know but im writing a book about the war on terror, a military history with maps and such and in the last week there has been quite a rash of downed helicopters and aircraft due to mechanical failures...

Today - A civilian helicopter under contract for NATO forces in Afghanistan crashed at the military base of foreign troops in the south of the country Sunday, killing 16 people and wounding five others, the alliance said.

A U.S. military helicopter made an emergency landing near a military base in the northeastern province of Kunar, the U.S. military said. There was no insurgent activity in the area at the time

18th - A U.S. F-15E Strike Eagle fighter jet crashed in eastern Afghanistan, the U.S. Air Force said, and a military source said both crew members on board were killed.A U.S. military statement said the incident was not a result of hostile fire.

17th - The United States on Sunday expressed its sadness over the deaths of two employees of a US security company and the wounding of two others in a helicopter crash in Iraq, and said an investigation had been launched.No further information was provided on the four people killed or wounded in the accident, which occurred at Camp Butler, close to Baghdad.

14th - Six Ukrainian civilians supplying British troops died in a helicopter crash in Sangin district of Helmand province, a NATO spokesman in Kabul said.

you think maybe this has got to do with the sun activity??? none of these went down to enemy fire, all mechanical failure.. seems kinda odd to me...

[edit on 19-7-2009 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
i hope there wasnt too much damage to the earth. so how big was the earth quake? did anybody get any readings? 15th has pretty much run its course hasnt it? just wondering.....

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
i hope there wasnt too much damage to the earth. so how big was the earth quake? did anybody get any readings? 15th has pretty much run its course hasnt it? just wondering.....

The EQ was the 7.8 in New Zealand.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
you can add another downed aircraft due to mechanical failure..

A British fighter jet crashed inside NATO's largest base in southern Afghanistan on Monday in the second major crash there in two days.

also, caspian airliner that killed 168 in iran, that wentdown on the 15th... add that one too... wtf is goin on?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
there were holes in the magnetosphere happening on july 20.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by digginforthetruth
Thanks Phage for your input. On these topics I seem to wait for your personal response.

dont depend on what phage says.....

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Bachfin

If you're going to say something like that at least give a reason.

What does the sphere normally look like?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Great post! I can see you took the time to research and post a well educated
post. Thanks for bringing more than speculation to the table. A post of your
magnitude has me reeling.

This truly is fantastic to see the correlation between galactic gamma ray
bursts and earthquakes on our far away rock. I never would've thought it
possible. Forgive me if I don't quite understand, I'll not pretend to know what
it all means but even I can see understand the point. This has frightening implications.

I also noted that they spoke of "anomalous ELF," which I know humans
can generate in abundance especially from a facility like HAARP in Alaska or
Arecibo in Puerto Rico. This makes me believe so much of what I've heard
about artificial earthquake generation and also makes me wonder why so
many scientists claim earthquakes cannot be predicted with any degree of
certainty since they "are not fully understood", or whatever the usual reason
given is.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join