It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock Dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Hey,

So you know dreams where you see something and then you suddenly wake up with an immense amount of fear? Well, after having it happen to me twice last night, whilst I was half asleep I came up with a reason for this.

Okay, the first time I saw this weird green elf woman thing and I'm in my dream thinking 'oh okay, she looks a bit strange, I'm probably about to wake up..' so I look away, then I look at her again, and then I noticed I was really really scared, I tried to ignore it and not wake myself up but I could see my vision was quickly closing in and then I was awake.

So as I was lying there, after just waking up like that, I noticed I had a blocked nose, so I went to sit up to clear it and noticed I was unbearably hot and sweating really bad. I thought maybe this was why I was woken up?

Then I went back to sleep and something similiar happened again and I woke up and felt exactly the same.

So are we woken up suddenly like that because it's dangerous for our bodies?

(Sorry if this is old news)

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Sometimes it can be, but usually no it's not. Either way it's danger you created in your mind one way shape or form, manifested through thought and/or action in the past.

If you're conscious of your dream state know that you can "hover" just outside the dream as much as being right smack-dab in the middle of it. Sort of like switching to "observer" or "3rd person" mode for the gamers out there. That will usually allow you to see what's going on much better whether you're able to achieve it or not. The more information you gather, the more you can put the dream within a practical context.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I wasn't in the habit of expressing my dreams on BTS but I am glad to see that there is interest...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Can you OTP yourself please.

Please reread the OP, this thread is not about your dreams but about those who dream about you.

I am expecting participation to be considerate.

My Shock dream you ask ...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
I wasn't in the habit of expressing my dreams on BTS but I am glad to see that there is interest...

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Can you OTP yourself please.

Please reread the OP, this thread is not about your dreams but about those who dream about you.

I am expecting participation to be considerate.

My Shock dream you ask ...

..I have no idea what either of you are talking about.

[edit on 21/7/09 by Kappo]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kappo

Sorry about the "off-topic," just playing on shock's username.

To answer you question in the OP .... yes.

It is not unusual to carry the intense emotional state of a dream into the day. Sometimes that emotion can be so intense that I can't shake it for hours. Ruins my day when that happens. But I figure it's something that needed to get out of my system.

new topics

top topics

join