It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Scamming People on MYSPACE?? Using There Power to Hack??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
So i been hearing about this program called; Easy Google Profit legit. You can google it...they literally take the time to make fake websites that closely resemble a legit one.
For example, in live in California and we have the LA TIMES

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
There's so many wicked easy ways to hack google. There's codes you can put into the search engine to get usernames and passwords to websites, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, etc. Ways you can get a website that has nothing to do with a subject to show up on the first page if someone types in a few tagged words... It's actually really easy if you have even some basic hacking skills.

I think it is partly Google's fault and they should have some better security on their site to defend from hackers and such. That search engine is probably the cause of most identity theft and other problems.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Oh please do tell us about all these amazing google hacking tricks you know. i would love to hear them lol.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Go to your windows/system folder. Unhide "hidden" files. Search for a file called "HOSTS". Open that file and see if there are any entries other than "localhost".

If you have an ad blocker of anykind, you may see a bunch of entries that all go to 127.0.0.1 like the localhost entry does. Those are ok.

What you are looking for are legit domain names like a google, latimes and so forth that have addresses.

If you have entries in it other than localhost and entires for google and such, then you've been hacked. That file is like a local DNS server that will bypass other DNS servers, and rather than the real google.com, it's sending you to a fake google.com(or whatever sites). These other sites they send you to are made to look exactly like the other sites, but they aren't really the site.

I work with google alot, and I get checks from them too, with about 3 more zero's at the end and they would never do such things. They have way too much money going through to waste their time with a bunch of $300 checks.

Also, what you mention about the websites and making other sites like that is extremely illegal. My company owns tons of domains, and I do mean tons, and we get letters from lawyers if the names even resemble that of an actual corporate website. If I made a website called gogle.com, I can expect to be getting a letter from a lawyer. If i make a website called foord.com, I can expect to get a letter, etc.

Aside from that, the only time I've ever had someone do things to me as far as copying websites, they did it to attack my company and our search engine rankings.

So anyway, I hope you don't do anything stupid like buy that program. They are probably just wanting your cc info, because if you were to do that, you'd get sued hardcore, and google isn't going to pay you.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by fizzy1
Oh please do tell us about all these amazing google hacking tricks you know. i would love to hear them lol.

They aren't hacking tricks, they are just well known advanced google functionality. Probably 99% of the people in the world don't use google to it's max.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by fizzy1

They would probably get deleted off here so fast but they're easy to find with a quick... well, google search actually. lol

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
It's a scam

www.google.com...

They aren't affiliated with google they just claim you can make money through using google adsense, but they scam you by first making you pay the first $1 to $2 for the ebook with all the "information" then a month later they bill you $70.

Ironically enough you should have used google to search to see if it's a scam before asking us

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Watch out for people who use the term "hacking" or the word "hack" a lot.

They are usually posers.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I can't believe people still use myspace and other social networks. By the time you read this, 25,000 other scams are already taking place because of people on these networks. Your information should be private, not out in the open for everyone to see.

Believe me, facebook and twitter are next. Ever notice how about 4,000,000 (sarcastic est.) new people sign up everyday? They're bots.

Just my $0.02.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Its like Discotech said.
They hit you up to receive their free information (just pay shipping and handling), and get a credit card or debit card number. You have 10 days to shut the thing off, or they start recurrently billing your account $70 or more each month. They sign you up for one or more other services which may also begin billing you monthly, one of which was for almost $200/Month (some online money making classes like video professor). You almost never get any information back from them, and if you do it's stuff you can get for free on the net already. The ten days is gone before you get the information on how to cancel the account, and their customer service is in the Philippians. Once they bill your account, they send the money to Israel, and you even get to pay the fees to change over currencies.

This thing is also known as GoogleMoneyTree, GoogleTreasureChest, Google Biz Kit, and InternetIncomeInitiative. Though watch out, every time this guy gets nailed he starts it again under a new name.

On April 24, 2009 the Texas Attorney General’s Office announced charges for operating a fraudulent work-at-home scheme against Infusion Media Inc, GoogleTreasureChest.com, InternetIncomeInitiative.com, and Jonathan D. Eborn (”Defendants”), whose “GoogleMoneyTree.com” promised six-figure earnings for conducting specialized Google and Yahoo Internet searches. According to the state’s enforcement action, GoogleMoneyTree failed to clearly inform purchasers that they had been enrolled in monthly memberships and had only seven days to cancel their trial membership. Purchasers who failed to cancel within seven days were automatically charged $82 on their credit card statements each month. In addition to the unexpected credit card charges, customer complaints obtained by state investigators indicate that GoogleMoneyTree failed to actually send the “free kit” and refused to honor customer refunds. The state is seeking an injunction, civil penalties of up to $20,000 per violation of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act, as well as restitution for purchasers.

If you got caught in this, you are going to need to read this (State of Texas Vs. Infusion Media), contact your bank and have them shut down the card and begin an investigation, then you can use this information to get their customer service to refund most of your money. Get their current customer service phone number from the bank it will be listed under some bogus name, but will be attached to the charges on your account. Call customer support, and basically tell them that you have opened a bank investigation, your bank is aware of the charges in Texas for fraud and are going to reverse the money anyway, so why not just save the owner from having one more plaintiff filing charges against him.

I helped someone get out of this jam, and this is first hand experience.
It worked though.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Symbiote

lol You mean skiddies.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Hey BTW...
I was just informed of another scam the other day which is going around. You receive what appears to be a valid check in the mail, in this case it looked like a refund check for something the person had purchased. I forget the what the item was, but it was in fact something they had bought a few weeks earlier, and I have no clue if this was a coincidence or if they somehow got hold of that information. Anyway, if you cash the check, on the back in small print there is an authorization for them to remove funds from your bank account.

Be weary of everything with the economy the way it is, folks are resorting to straight out fraud, in quite sneaky ways, to access peoples bank accounts.

[edit on 7/17/2009 by defcon5]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelhernsin

Strang..... Google is the richest company and It's board members are all very rich,rich enough so that money really doesn't matter in the least. very strang. may be google.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
I can't believe people still use myspace and other social networks. By the time you read this, 25,000 other scams are already taking place because of people on these networks. Your information should be private, not out in the open for everyone to see.

Believe me, facebook and twitter are next. Ever notice how about 4,000,000 (sarcastic est.) new people sign up everyday? They're bots.

Just my $0.02.

yep my girlfriend just got a nasty nasty malware from facebook. i warned her but she is back at it. When she screws her comp again she will be wanting someone to fix it and i hate havingt o go through all the issues. Beware btw of pc protection system program on your comp. Google it if you want to know more but it is very bad. It is a basic malware that redirects your browser, gives constant pop ups of a virus detection program that wants you to purchase it and tons of balloons saying your infected. It erases virus programs like avg and even programs like spybot and malware bytes. It screws your registry up and basically the only thing you can do to get rid of it is reinstall windows which i did after manually removing the files and registry keys.
pain in the arse.!
Anyways i also do know about the google tricks and yes they arent hacks but people like to call them that. Thats why i was being kinda sdarcastic about please do tell me about the hacks cause they arent as far as i knew.
I use one of them all the time at work to find mp3 files to download from my work comp since we have websense on the server and wont let me access mp3 sites. yes yes i know no lectures about i shouldnt be trying to fiund ways around. I do it just cause i can lol.

new topics

top topics

join