It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I do not believe in God. I just thought I would go ahead and let everyone know that. I really do wonder if anything happens after life. I would like to hear some of your theories and reasons for believing that BUT I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT ANY FOR OF CHRISTIANITY (no offense but I have had my experience with that and I DID NOT LIKE IT, it seems completely made up to me.)

I got so sad last night while trying to go to sleep. I have felt like this before but I recently discovered this place maybe someone can help me. What do you believe happens after death because honestly I don't think anything happens. I would love to believe in reincarnation but I don't have a reason to believe that. I thought about what was going to happen after I died even though I'm still young.

I thought about how lonely and empty it is after death in my head. If nothing happens then I just cant imagine not existing. I just really cant do it. I don't think anything happens but I want to. I want to have a reason to believe something happens.

So I'm just looking for some thoughts on this.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
When someone dies, all the bodies go back to their respective planes, except for the physical body, wich goes back to dust....
The astral body, which is the direct connection to the astral plane, goes back to this sphere, and has to wait for a while, before coming back. The astral body is the accumulation of you memories, sort of a hard disk, with a bunch of info on it.

But you can't take my word for it. I suggest research on NDE's. Google it, and try to see the information you'll find in an objective way, what it's all about.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by lagenese

That would be nice. But I would be happy with probably anything that only involves you enjoying your life and living it to the fullest not worrying about doing something wrong like sinning.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by lycanlance

there has to be a creator.
so i believe in God
i believe in Christ.
i sin everyday
and i don't worry about it.
i believe in the power of his blood.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I don't know. Run time backwards. What do you find?

If you don't exist as you, you might exist as you but not you, even though you aren't.

Noone believes me though.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Its something I ponder often. I'm now of the opinion that theres a lot more to the universe than humans can comprehend, like multiple realities layered over one another. Ghosts and aliens might be somehow crossing the layers, I don't know, but check out these ATS threads - they changed my perception of a lot of stuff

the seeker's NDE

ok so there was a couple more I couldn't find..,. damn you ATS search, haha. Have a look round in the Philosophy/Psychology/Metaphysics and the Paranormal forums on here, theres a lot of good material - you'll probably have to read everything 4 or 5 times before you properly get it though

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by lycanlance
reply to post by lagenese

That would be nice. But I would be happy with probably anything that only involves you enjoying your life and living it to the fullest not worrying about doing something wrong like sinning.

Christine was a beautiful 57 Plymouth.

Arnie found her in a junk yard. He noticed her when the radio came on playing an old familiar song. Arnie took a liking to Christine and began restoring her, but as he did he began to change. Christine gave Arnie a confidence he had never felt, and Arnie polished up christine.

She loved to be driven by Arnie, and Arnie felt alive when he drove her.
With his new confidence Arnie started eying the prettiest girl in school, whom he got.

Christine grew Jealous of Arnies new Girl. So Jealous that christine, driving by herself began running down Arnies Enemies.

Long story short...Christine ended up killing Arnie before being turned into a cube of steel and shipped off to be melted down.

Summerized version by me of a novel by:
Stephen King

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

I see what your saying, all the time i wonder where I was before i came into existance and then i think well if its the same as the beginning then why should i care because im not going to exist thats what makes me wonder though.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

There doesnt have to be a creator. I dont believe in god leave my beliefs at that. Im not going into my opinion on christ and god any further.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Forgive me but i dont understand what you are trying to say lol.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by selfisolated

That makes sense but I love thinking about this. I just think though how do people believe in an afterlife because where you started is probably where your going to end up at in the end. before we come into existence what are we? answer that and i wont have anymore questions on human life.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
an interesting theory i came up with a few months ago after seeing a hermit crab. what if all life is like this? that the essense of all living things (soul or what ever) is an entity on its own, but like the hermit crab it takes on a pyshical shell/body to protect it from harm (comsic rays/the currents of the universe/predators). if you look at some animal (monkeys/dogs/cats) and, infants you'll see that they share the same inquisitiveness and excitment the diference is that infants mature and grow from this point while animals don't. so that the less developt/infant souls would exist in less advanced bodies as they require less 'space'. so in this case 'gods' or other higher being would simply be older beings that have evolved to a point were they are powerful enough not to need a physical shell to survive.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by RokNinja]

[edit on 17-7-2009 by RokNinja]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I see what your saying, all the time i wonder where I was before i came into existance and then i think well if its the same as the beginning then why should i care because im not going to exist thats what makes me wonder though.

But that is the key and much follows from it. You say you cannot imagine not existing but in fact that is possible. You already cease to exist continually and will continue to do in the future. Like most, you've likely forgotten most everything that ever happened to you. The difference is you can reflect upon it and identify with yourself the death that has happened many times already.

You're holding onto memory and some illusory chain of continuous being in a body and saying that's what defines you.

When you've finished these words, the you that was reading them is gone.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RokNinja

Wow im glad to see everyone responding and helping me out. That sounds very plausible.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

wow that was deep and sounds very possible and I wouldn't mind it does anyone have any evidence like experience or something of what they believe at all please id like to know. If that sounds mean i didnt mean for it to.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

wow that was deep and sounds very possible and I wouldn't mind it does anyone have any evidence like experience or something of what they believe at all please id like to know. If that sounds mean i didnt mean for it to.

I think if you go beyond a certain point objective evidence will be elusive at best. These are hard problems from that paradigm but not quite so hard when searching inside for answers. Trust me when I say that I'm struggling to even bring words to it. The best experiments are thought experments of a sort which can brings you to realizations, many of which are more questions.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I understand you completely I have been so astounded at something and boggled by it that I cant put it into words. Im pretty sure thats what you are saying. And I try many things out in my head to see if they could possibly happen thats what leads me to things like this.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by lycanlance

To make a short story long, I find it a valid idea that a soul is not a necessary ingredient for reincarnation. I can follow this reasoning internally very easily. Some of what I've said related to getting there. It is not to say I do or do not believe in it. It's sort of irrelevant in fact.

If you're asking questions, you're already on the path. At times some doctrine or metaphysics may give you comfort but my personal advice is to not get overly invested in it.

Take in many perspectives. They may help you formulate your own questions. That is a better use of knowledge in my humble opinion.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Oh boy, you are not a body you know? The body dies, but your consciousness in the EM field cannot die, its just something that cannot be killed. When your body is finally killed you'll find out the truth. You go to a place that is not here nor there, nor any place in a particular time. It'll be place where you can do virtually anything you want. Don't you remember? Remember that place you go to between lives? Try and remember it with your feeling. From there you can choose another body to reside on earth, or move up to higher levels of existence (after you've done your job here). It really is a place of infinite possibility. It gets boring after a while so we come back here. Many people call it the Astral Realm.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Hey, cheer up! I gave you a flag, and star!!!....??? ha ha ha, the astral body is the 'hardrive' of sorts. There is your soul, and spirit after that. Deja Voo is a realization of past memories imo. I think that the Main Stream Idiots will say it's just a brain quirk, but they won't wake up.

I think the sadness your feeling is the actual changing of the Earth. It does cry out, and is being savaged, before it is rebirthed.

I do believe you ran a thread about awakening, and feeling it? This is it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join