It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrogant Americans and there Stupid Patriotism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Jnewell33

Well you don't know your history of America very well. In the early 1900s, America decided for a little while that it would an Imperialistic nation. So we got our soldiers, sailed around a bit and conquered a few countries that still pretty much belong to us today and are no used for cheap labor while avoiding import taxes.

America doesn't have the right to go around and just start saving everyone. We aren't some Jesus figure, and our tactics have really shot us in the foot. We're almost bankrupt as a nation impart because of other federal spending but also because of all the money we spent rebuilding a nation we never had the right to destroy in the first place.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

"I just have a question. Is it wrong for the Afghans to fight us against this occupation. Is that terrorism? "

Maybe you should start a thread about it, or maybe you can call an Afghani and ask them. When the Afghans said that they were gonna hide Al-Qaeda and not hand em over they put themselves on the wrong side of an ass whooping. I do admire your compassion for the Afghan people though, imagine if more people thought this way of the ones who aren't trying to kill us.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

You and I likely didn't but the people who run our government did.

Again, terrorism is another distraction in the game the powers like to play.

Islam by it's own nature is not violent, nor does it condone violence. It's the mis-interpretation of passages that stokes the fires of extremism. You can say the same for any religion out there.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by Miraj

We in the US did NOT give birth to these Islamic radicals.

Muhammed, with his made-up moon-god Allah commanded all Muslims to fight until all religion was for Allah alone.

In all the world.

Kill non-Muslims where you find them.

Coming soon to a town or city near you.

It's a scene from Generation Kill which is a pretty accurate (at least in this account) of what happened in Iraq. I've read of the exact same account from another Marine in his book.

Invading Iraq was like inviting the rest of them to war.

And also, all Gods are made up. I felt the need to say it, since you did.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Miraj]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Let us all thank the troops for protecting goldman sach's freedoms to give their CEO's huge bonuses wiht taxpayers' money. Let us all thank the troops for making Iraq pay for 911 so that congress can wiretap all Americans without a warrant. Let us all thank the troops for making Pakistan women and children pay for 911 so that Israelis can say that they control the US government. Let us all thank our troops for making Afghanis pay for 911 so that we can spend trillions on wars but receive less and less on education, health care, and other programs we pay taxes into and get nothing back from.

Thank you troops for protecting us from enemies, both foreign and domestic!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I am pretty much sure you just described the history of the entire World. The Mongol Empire also conquered 1/5 of the Earth's total land area, conquering nations is nothing new but if you would like to talk about it than please go somewhere else. This thread is about a community coming together to pay their respects to someone they honor, if you watched the whole video you would see hundreds, if not thousands of people taking the time to put there lives on hold for just a second, and say thank you to a hero.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Jnewell33

I think it's sad the hero died for a war that almost no one in the US wants to fight. It's sad, that he had to die for a meaningless war.

Infact, that's why I oppose the war... Why let out soldiers die in Iraq when ultimately it is so businessman can profit? It's messed up.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jnewell33
reply to post by spy66

"I just have a question. Is it wrong for the Afghans to fight us against this occupation. Is that terrorism? "

Maybe you should start a thread about it, or maybe you can call an Afghani and ask them. When the Afghans said that they were gonna hide Al-Qaeda and not hand em over they put themselves on the wrong side of an ass whooping. I do admire your compassion for the Afghan people though, imagine if more people thought this way of the ones who aren't trying to kill us.

Well I have been in Afghanistan 3 times. Each for a period of 6 months. And i have been talking to a lot of Afghans. And most of them dont really understand any of this.
Before we invaded Afghanistan they where really fighting a different war among them selves. Their land is divided by clans if you can call it that. And these clan's have their own army or fighter. And these are the people we call terrorists, and its these people we are fighting against to day. They have nothing to do with the 911 attacks.
The once who did 911 are Arabs and supported by Arabs.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I totally agree with you there, it is messed up but to know people still have the courage to throw themselves on the alter to protect others is amazing.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jnewell33
blip.tv...

In Memory of 1st Staff Sergeant John C. Beele and all the other men and women who have given their lives for our Freedom.
Edit to add description
[edit on 17-7-2009 by Jnewell33]

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Jnewell33]

How the hell is heading across the world & for financial reward killing strangers who have done nothing to threaten our/your home protecting "our (your) Freedom".
What is this precious American "Freedom"? Is it somehow different from the peace and stability enjoyed by tens of millions of other people around the globe? (And we don't get left to die if we don't have private (read Corporate) medical insurance!)
You are NOT SPECIAL. YOU ARE NOT MORE "FREE" than millions of others. You are just louder, more dominant, more violent. Your whole culture is based on military intimidation of other nations and peoples.
I for one think that any soldier (read paid murderer) that is killed outside their own nation deserves NO sympathy. No business being there, FACT.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I think the whole patriotism thing is stupid. But dont forget america is only a young country and hasnt been through what other countries have.

Patriotism can be used to minipulate people using the language of a dictator.

England was against going to war with iraq, but of course tony blair kissed george bushes ass so he ignored us and did it anyway.

Personaly i would never join the army. Im not going to do what a corrupt goverment wants and i dont want to kill anybody or be killed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join