It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$87.00 Windshield tax?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
So, as im here in my condo minding my own business browsing ATS, I notice headlights in my parking area. I didn't think anything of it but they seemed to hover for a while. As very slightly paranoid as I am I ventered over to my sliding door and seen a police cruiser outside my window parked directly behind my car.

As I put pants on and walked outside the care was gone but I could tell as soon as I hit the door there was something on my car. Upon further inspection it seemed to be a ticket for a "city sticker". I have lived in Illinois for 12 years and never heard about a city sticker yet I have a ticket for not having one now and so do about 13 other people in my lot.

I want to ask you this.... Why in all of the name that is holy do I have to buy a city sticker to park in a town I pay tax in on top of a county I pay tax in on top of a state I pay tax in on top of roads I pay EXTRA tax to drive on plus the property tax and assosiation tax I pay to live on PRIVATE PROPETRY!!

I must now pay tax to park in my assigned parking spot in my condo that I pay rediculous property tax on?

This is beyond reason.......

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Cities and states are out of money. They're using every opportunity they can to squeeze the last few dollars out of the citizens.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
*speechless - shaking head* I just don't even know what to say. I bet you were all slicking back your hair, checking your teeth for food, while looking for a hidden camera thinking the ticket was some kind of joke.

Star and flag for you!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
It is sad really I don't or rather did not believe a police officer could come on to privet property, suppose im wrong or they consider your driveway city property.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

Never let the city annex your property
A few years ago we were hosting a party for a relative who had passed on (wake). The police came on our property and ticketed two cars for blocking the road and gave a neighbor a ticket for relieving himself on the road. The "road" is our half mile long private drive that's on our property and goes no where but to our home.

Cops will do whatever they want on your property, including shoot your kids.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
unfortunately police aren't getting their bs "care packages" anymore and less "donations" are made in the slumping economy, they have decided to take out their frustration by writing more tickets.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by moonwalk]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
[edit on 17-7-2009 by ashnomadonte]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
First of all you need to call a lawyer as he came on private property without permission.

Most of the City's here in Missouri have gotten Rid of City stickers, or have not even said or sold them for years. But now they are trying to bring them back.

And to tell you how bad it can get ,when I was a child the city used to send tax men to your house to see what you had inside. TV Range things of this sort. And then you where taxed by what you owned. Now with the endless flow of money in the towns or county's money they took from us ending they are trying just about anything they can come up with to get more money.

And if we think it is bad now just wait, as it is getting worse ,and they are saying it is going to get worse so the weird ways they try to use to get more money are going to get unreal.

Now in the small towns in our area they are pulling cars over for anything they can and giving tickets. And I have seen them stop by a parking lot to measure a nick in a windshield to see if the auto could be ticketed.

I have seen the police set up check points that back traffic up for a mile and while doing this they are walking around cars to see if they can find something,anything to ticket one with. This has not been done around here for years and years. And it is for one thing. Money.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I had to follow my wife for a car repair three weeks ago, I had not gotten on the express way to downtown in some time. I was shocked to see that a toll that was introduced at 18 cents 4 years ago had been increased to 85 cents now and that there was only one lane to pay it in cash.

You must understand when this road was built, the toll was to be there only 2 years to pay for the construction of the road...... What happened?

I had not anticipated the toll and did not have cash on hand for it, they did not take credit cards so I went though the "IPASS" lane.

4 days later I got a ticket in the mail for 40.00 dollars for failer to pay a state toll. I found myself wondering that day what in the hell I pay taxes for exactly.

After this ticket not only do I wonder what im paying taxes for, now im wondering what to do to not pay taxes again.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidLight

Such as raising the cost to register a motor vehicle and other such costs.

Oh well. It would be easier if they would just get rid of representatives that are too stupid to find a better solution.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
The bottom line is there is not court with real jurisdiction to hear this case. The judge if cornered will call his court a statutory court or let you believe it's a maritime court or call it an article I court but it's just another name for fantasy. There are only 2 criminal courts defined as lawful in the constitution and the constitution also guarantees you the right to know what court you are in. Your ticket is the claim of a fictional crime handled by a fictional court. The Constitution allows only two criminal courts, maritime and common law.

www.freedom-school.com...
www.dismissticket.com...

Stop the cop audio - www.freedom-school.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ReelView

That is a very interesting claim. One wich I will do research on because I must know everything lol.

Thank you for your input and I know that 95% of the goverments actions are done through loopholes that they have spent decades in mastering so I don't doubt it for a second.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I googled "Illinois windshield laws" and all I could find were references to cracked or broken ws, or obstruction of view.

So you have to pay a tax for...what? Parking in your home state?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReelView
The bottom line is there is not court with real jurisdiction to hear this case. The judge if cornered will call his court a statutory court or let you believe it's a maritime court or call it an article I court but it's just another name for fantasy. There are only 2 criminal courts defined as lawful in the constitution and the constitution also guarantees you the right to know what court you are in. Your ticket is the claim of a fictional crime handled by a fictional court. The Constitution allows only two criminal courts, maritime and common law.

www.dismissticket.com...

Stop the cop audio - www.freedom-school.com...

This is absolutely true, educate yourself and fight this injustice. There is always a remedy in the law, and friends, statutes are are not laws, they are rules agreed on by a legislature, or a group. There are no laws above the Constitution, and under Common Law you can only break the law by hurting someone, or, harming another's property, or being untruthful in your contracts. Here are two good sites to learn about such things...
www.fmotl.com...
forum.worldfreemansociety.org...

You all have a choice; either know the law, or be a victim of the law. A Freemen on the Land is not bound by statutory laws, and cannot be prosecuted for same.
More Freedom Sites
www.freedomsite.net...

Our American Common Law
www.svpvril.com...

The Lieber Code of 1863
(INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF ARMIES OF THE UNITED STATES IN THE FIELD.)
www.au.af.mil...

Privacy Act of 1974
uncletaz.com...

An Enemy of the State
Promoting lawful Constitutional government in these united States of America
geocities.com...

U.S. Constitution Online
www.usconstitution.net...

There is law. Irrefutable and permanently applicable law which, as a peaceful
individual is unlikely to ever affect you. It is called Common Law. Provided
you keep the peace, do not cause injury, harm or loss to another individual;
then you will remain within the terms of Common Law and will not break it.

Common Law is treating others as you would be treated. Common Law was
developed by British people so they could settle their differences peacefully
and fairly.

Common Law incorporates the Charter of Liberties (1100). The Charter
makes the Sovereign subject to the law and affirms that no person is above
the law.

Common Law includes the Council of Westminster (1102), which ended
slavery in England.

Common Law protects the right established in the Petition of Right (1627)
that no person can be arrested for disagreeing with the government.

Common Law defends your property rights, your right to self-defence and
your right to be secure in your own home - your home is your castle.

Common Law establishes every person's right to a jury trial and the freedom
of juries to declare a person innocent. If a jury believes that a person has been
charged under an unjust law, it has the right to acquit. For this reason
Common Law is superior to the statute law created by Parliament.

(In the 17th century the Lord Chief Justice ruled that juries have an
inalienable right to freely decide guilt and innocence.)

Common Law plainly states that judges are to be guided by precedent - the
rulings of previous cases. They are not to make up the law. Where there is no
precedent, Common Law dictates that decisions must be made according to
principles of fairness recognized by Common Law.

In one sentence Common Law Principles that underlines this forum are:

Do not cause injury, harm or loss to another individual

It is important to realize that a Statute in and of itself is not a law de jure, but merely de facto. It is a legislated rule of a society which has been given the force of law, by consent of the governed. There is speculation as to whether consent of the governed is given by the democratic process, or whether it is required in each individual case - such as by contracting with courts or police officers, whether directly or indirectly.

Source: en.wikipedia.org... (here's your proof)

The point is that there are no courts set up to have the jurisdiction under EITHER Natural Laws or Common Law (even if there is any difference between the two).
This was the job of the "Justice of the Peace," of which there is no more. That leaves the County Sheriff and the Notary Public as your only law representatives. A Criminal Courts Judge cannot legally sit on a Civil Case, or a Traffic Violation case, and you remain on "dry land" until you open your mouth to admit that you are the "PERSON" they wish to charge. When you admit this, you leave dry land and board an Admiralty ship, and are now under their law.

All the courts are set up to operate under Commercial Codes/Statutes ... and there is a mega difference between these and 'justice'. And that's the point that matters.

So to claim Common Law (or 'justice') jurisdiction is quite enough to confuse them anyway (we are finding)

One last thing...is your police officer a Peace Officer, or a Law Enforcer?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Maybe you can find mor info at one of theese sites - hope it helps

www.chicityclerk.com...
Information
For the 2009-2010 vehicle sticker year, there will no longer be a separate annual residential permit parking sticker. If you purchase an annual residential parking permit, your new vehicle sticker will now include your residential parking permit zone number (as depicted below). The permit parking zone number is printed right on the vehicle sticker.

Learn about this year's vehicle sticker

www.chicityclerk.com...

• 2009/2010 Aldermanic Sales Schedule
• City sticker pricing table
• New car buyers information
• Larger passenger vehicle list
• Truck A vehicle list
• Make/Model list and stickertype corresponding association
• No fee City Sticker Information

Instructions for Purchasing a Chicago City Sticker: Delivery 2-5 Days
eztitletransfer.com...

CHICAGO CITY STICKER
www.ufsxhwk.com

Docket No. 1-06-2198, The City of Chicago v. Driscoll
www.state.il.us

DMV - WikiChicago
www.wikichicago.com

Motorists gouged for auto stickers: city clerk :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES ...
www.suntimes.com

City rakes in millions with sticker crackdown - Chicago Sun-Times ...
www.encyclopedia.com

I find it outrageous that the City Sticker enforcement has actually been refered to as: "The Third Stimulus"
I'm glad I don't live in your state.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by azureskys]

new topics

top topics

join