It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just happened on ATS????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
OK, so, I have no idea what the heck just happened, but, while i was reading over the thread Prove to me that Dems and Reps are different political parties then out of no where all of a sudden, some weird commercial or something started playing out loud over my speakers. Now, I am currently in Iraq, so the connection here isn't too great, so usually podcasts, and video streams, etc, load slow, and skip a lot. So all i heard was something about "what's better? video game violence or real life violence?"

There was some other stuff too that I could not make out too well, as it was skipping, then some music, then more talking, guy almost sounded like Chris Rock... I looked to see if maybe someone's post had an embed in it or something, but found nothing... I even cloesd the page, waited, heard nothing, and when I reopened it, about a minute later, it started up again.
Has anyone else ever had this happen before on this site? Or even heard of this happening? I know sometimes other websites do that, have some advertising, just kinda starts or pops up over everything, but this didn't even seem like a real commercial. And this page was the only one I had open. Answers? Anyone?

I'm not crazy I swear. *adjusts tinfoil hat*

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by resist2012

Strange - today I hear what sounds like a door slam (lol) through my speakers - at 1st I thought it was that god awful GI Joe Ad - but the volume is muted on the actual ad?

So I too am getting a weird 'door slam' noise every 5 minutes ot so off the ATS site?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Never happen to me. Now, if anything scares me, its random noises from my computer at night. so im not gonna check it out over my paranoia tyvm
hope someone else dose tho! hows iraq doin?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

I know what you mean - them stupid emotions ads that laugh an call out to you, scare the crap out of me in the night.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

It's hot. Very hot. And boring. But the good news is that I believe it's ready and conditioned for the N.W.O now that we have embedded our own leaders.
I Actually just wrote about it last night. (a little off topic) if you want to check it out, it's What have we done? (a soldier's essay)

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I LOVE LOVE the fact that ATS is rewarding me by providing me with an ADD FREE ATS experience.
It took a long time and many posts to earn this right.......but its a much SWEETER place to be without the adds

Thanks for doing that guys! you cute admin people!
MUAH!!

[edit on 17-7-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Was it an actual add? I don't even know. It was just a sound byte, there was no video, or any kind of visual advertisement anywhere, and i don't even think it was really advertising anything.
hehe, I don't know, maybe I'm losing my mind.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by resist2012

You didn't perhaps have this thread open in one of your windows?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Reading your post, it quickly reminded me of a virus I somehow obtained last month. I would have absolutely nothing opened (windows, programs, etc), but a voice would speak (the voice of Adam Corolla) for roughly 5 seconds and then stop. A minute would go by and music would play for 5 seconds then stop. This would continue on and on and on.

Took me roughly 2 days to rid of the virus, but I just wanted to share that with you.

Good luck and be safe out there!

"Q"

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

14 flags more for me! I can't wait!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

No i didn't, but that was interesting though. I'm gonna have to check them out. Thanks for the link though.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Quazze

Well I guess it's good to know I'm not crazy, or at least I am not the only crazy one here.... one or the other. (not sure which it is yet, though) I'm going to run a scan on my computer, now. Thanks Quazze. Do you remember what the virus was? I don't know why my computer hasn't picked it up yet, if in fact I do have it. Or how you got rid of it?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

how many posts exactly does it take to get rid of the ads?...

i have like... 600 something and i dont have any at all

edit for a more accurate number of posts.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

250 Posts, 250 Stars and 250 Flags.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

it says 300 on the thread that explains it

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

hmmm interesting....

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Which thread is that? I thought the thread I linked to explains it? If the amounts required were upped to 300 I missed the announcement/thread - which isn't impossible.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

www.abovetopsecret.com...

that's worth at least 14 flags right?.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Ah. So it is 300. Thanks for the clarity.

As for the 14 flags... Damn that's so close, yet so far. If I were you I'd create one big momma of a thread to close in on the target.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Ad Nauseam

Sometimes obnoxious ads get added to the rotation that do irritating things like play loud noises that can induce cardiac arrest if you have music cranked up (as I so often do).

Our beloved SkepticOverlord has made it clear that such ads can and will be removed if we let him know about them.

Many moons ago, I started a thread for precisely that purpose, so if you discover an ad you would like to never see (or hear) again on ATS, please let us know:

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

Ads are necessary for keeping ATS running, but so are our members. When faced with a conflict between obnoxious ads and good members, the choice has always been clear.

Members always come first.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join