It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN panel issues new sanctions against North Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

UNITED NATIONS – The U.N. imposed new sanctions Thursday against five North Korean officials, four companies and a state agency, and banned imports of two weapons-making materials, in a rare unified push by the world's powers to thwart Pyongyang's nuclear ambitions.
The sanctions, which take immediate effect and are to be carried out by all of the U.N.'s 192 member nations, include travel bans and a freeze on the financial assets against the officials, companies and state agency. Nations also were instructed to refrain from supplying North Korea with certain types of graphite and para-aramid fiber — two of the materials used in ballistic missile parts.
"It is of course significant that we have also put individuals on the list, as this is the first time. This shows that the sanctions are going on a higher level at this moment," said Fazli Corman, Turkey's deputy U.N. ambassador, who chairs the panel.

Yahoo News

_Three Pyongyang-based companies — Namchongang Trading Corp., Korea Hyoksin Trading Corp., and Korean Tangun Trading Corp.

and one Iranian-based company, Hong Kong Electronics.

It is good, but will it do anything....... no.

Interesting but not surprising that Iranian company is included in this also.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Oh this is much deeper than it seems my friend. much deeper indeed! lets see how it will unfold

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

If it is, I would very much appreciate any and all links to information on this and what it really means or why it is really being done.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Lil Kimme will have a total collapse of reason one day and inevitably change the way we live. I don't think he will take this all that well. He is ballsy for a reason and I believe its China. I think that this will not limit his means of nuclear armament. China has shown there view/relationship with NK and has basically become what the US is to Israel. In a roundabout way.

top topics

join