It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wake Up, GOP! Liberals Fear Sarah Palin Because the Voters Love Her

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Rush message to GOP:

RUSH: Fascinating data here, folks, in the latest Gallup poll that's out today. The headline of the Gallup poll is somewhat misleading. "Romney Edges Palin and Huckabee in Early 2012 GOP Test." The subhead is the real story: "Palin's favorable rating stable after announcing her resignation." So the numbers are this: The candidate most likely to support for the 2012 Republican nomination for president today based on Republicans and Republican-leaning independents: Romney 26, Sarah Palin 21, Huckabee 19, Newt 14, Tim Pawlenty, 3%. Haley Barbour, 2%. However, when you get to the favorable ratings of current leading contenders, you have Sarah Palin at 72% approval among Republicans and Republican-leaning independents; 56% approve of Romney and 59% approve of Huckabee.
www.rushlimbaugh.com...

Favorable Ratings of Leading Contenders

While Palin trails Romney in the current candidate preference test, she leads both him and Huckabee in terms of their respective favorable ratings among Republicans. Currently, 72% of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents have a favorable opinion of Palin, compared with 56% for Romney and 59% for Huckabee. But her lead on this measure largely reflects the fact that she is better known than the two former governors, given the substantially lower "no opinion" figures for her. Republicans rate each candidate more positively than negatively by better than 3-to-1 ratios. www.gallup.com...

And this folks...this news is after the brutal media attack she weathered after stepping down. How will her ratings be after she has a couple years to win more independent's support ... be afraid libs...be very afraid.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by JulieMills]

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Be afraid of SP for what?

Her intellect? Or the mouthpiece that is coming up with her tyraids?

If you are in some form endorsing her as someone you would like to have a hand in running this country, I have an issue with that.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I don't like her and I'm not even a liberal. She's a neo-con, not a real conservative. She's much more dangerous to real conservatives than she is to liberals.

TA

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
you must be part of the 26% that won't vote for her...who cares...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
I don't like her and I'm not even a liberal. She's a neo-con, not a real conservative. She's much more dangerous to real conservatives than she is to liberals.

TA
I disagree with you and so do 74% of Americans

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Didn't you already make this thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just sayin.

reply to post by JulieMills

Shouldn't there be an astrisk there

74% of Americans that were polled by RUSH LIMBAUGH

[edit on 7/16/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Had she not been paired up with McCain I would have had more respect for her. Saying that there were times that I think she was closer to Ron Paul's stance on governments than McCain's. I think she was used by the GOP, it's a shame and I hope she learns her lesson.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
IMO she was used to get the Democrats elected.

This of course would be the big players "herding" everyone to the other side to gain support for the things that were about to transpire under the "people's president" as much as I hate to say all that.

I think its pretty obvious when you had the media blackout of certain candidates, and almost everything she spat out during that campaign only sounded good to bible thumpers and people with an IQ under 14.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
In a nut shell this thread is what's wrong with the country and why things will never get any better for our children.

The republican party spent the last eight years completely raping this country in every way imaginable.
People were so sick of the lies and the betrayal that they voted for ANYONE other than a republican just to get them out of office.

It hasn't even been a year and this Op is elated with plans of putting them back in.

Rather than working with democrats and other republicans to find a third party candidate they could all agree on for the time being, just to get the political trash thrown out of Washington, the Op plots to put another back in. One that can't even keep an unwed teen from getting pregnant on her watch. Even I could do that!

I say we tell them all to go to hell.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
its a good thing that shes the VP or i would have to question those results.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Didn't you already make this thread?

Just sayin.

nope totally different.

Shouldn't there be an astrisk there

74% of Americans that were polled by RUSH LIMBAUGH

[edit on 7/16/2009 by whatukno]

Nope, It is a gallup poll - www.gallup.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

you haven't been following Palin much have you?
here, do a little reading.

I am not rooting for the GOP as it now stands. I am rooting for Palin to lead the conservatives to the white house.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Personally the only thing truly frightening about Sarah Palin is her complete and utter lack of any type of meaningful intellect. Well I guess there is something even more frightening about her... and that would be that she was allowed to breed.

Personally, people who have good ideas, have good ideas, regardless of party lines. SP does not to seem to be capable of doing such on her own. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that people that think she is actually qualified to do anything other than run a cash register at the local Wendy's..... well those are the people whom are truly scary.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JulieMills

Originally posted by TheAssociate

TA

I think you forgot to mention that it's 76% of Republicans and Republican leaning independents. And still, only 21% of all of those would prefer her to be nominee. Hardly what I would call "74% of Americans"

When you take into account the entire electorate, that translates into, what? A 40% approval rating and a 15% or so willingness to elect as President? Ooh so scary!

Also, from the Gallup poll, Palin has 7% no opinion (undecided) about her, which means almost everyone has made an opinion on her. Romney and Huckabee have 28 and 25 undecided, respectively. That gives them a lot of room to craft an appealing image to boost their numbers.

Now, I would never want Huckabee or Palin to be POTUS, but please, if you think liberals fear Palin, I think you might be misjudging the majority of liberals.

The Gallup poll minus Limbaugh spin

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Um no not 74% of all americans.

Results are based on telephone interviews with 1,018 national adults, aged 18 and older, conducted July 10-12, 2009. For results based on the total sample of national adults, one can say with 95% confidence that the maximum margin of sampling error is ±3 percentage points.

For results based on the sample of 455 Republicans and Republican-leaning independents, the maximum margin of sampling error is ±5 percentage points.

Interviews are conducted with respondents on land-line telephones (for respondents with a land-line telephone) and cellular phones (for respondents who are cell-phone only).[ex/]

I would love to have somebody that couldn't even finish their term as gov to then try and run for president. That's what we need is a quitter. Even better then a quitter is somebody who preaches one thing and then does another.... have you seen how her home life is with her kids? She is all about good wholesome values... you know like when your underage kid goes out drinking and partying and gets knocked up by the high school hokey star. She can't run her family yet she can run the country?

Last time I checked even John McCain said he wouldn't want her as the next candidate.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

you forget that Romney and Huckster haven't been getting negative press on a daily basis.
give Palin a few months and she will make Obama's popularity seem miniscule...sit and watch the fieworks...better stock up on peptol...you're gonna need it

And Rush wasn't spinning it , he was UN-spinning Gallups biased reporting. get a clue.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JulieMills
reply to post by Avenginggecko

you forget that Romney and Huckster haven't been getting negative press on a daily basis.
give Palin a few months and she will make Obama's popularity seem miniscule...sit and watch the fieworks...better stock up on peptol...you're gonna need it

And Rush wasn't spinning it , he was UN-spinning Gallups biased reporting. get a clue.

Please, explain your last sentence further.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I got reeled in on the last one, however these are getting hilarious. Keep up the good work Julie.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

These results are based on a July 10-12 Gallup Poll, which asked Republicans to choose which of six possible candidates for the Republican presidential nomination they would be most likely to support in 2012.

From your gallup poll.

Oh ok, never mind.

That's not 74% of American's that's 74% of REPUBLICANS.

Shesh oh Pete.

With brains like this behind the Republican party, here's an early celebration of 4 more years of Obama.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I've read all about Palin. She's is a conservative republican that ran for VP on the republican ticket as a conservative republican. She lost!!! So now she figures that if she changes the name of her party and lies enough, that there will be a certain number of idiots that will be brainwashed into believing it's a different party.

I'm not one of them.

I can dye a white poodle pink, but it's still going to be a white poodle...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join