It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jumping Dimensions : The Infinite Possiblitys Of The Soul

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Autowrench: This is a direct dimensional shift. It happens to a lot of people, most don't speak of it for fear of ridicule. It has happened to me also, and I would love to learn the mechanics of it, how to trigger it, and how far to go.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
... Yeah, I'd like to learn how to trigger it as well, ..... Maybe these special ability's only become available in times of crisis, ...... because only at those times, do we attempt to use them.

... I've done some pretty scary things as far as manipulating reality, .... but never anything so instantaneous.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I have been thinking about my parallel counterparts and what my life would be like if I had made that choice, instead of this choice. Then I was thinking about different possibilities after death. One being that we merge with a parallel self somewhere until we are ready to move on. Something like a Purgatory I guess you could call it.
I'm not saying that is my belief because I am undecided.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The parallel reality theory is what I am into myself. I call them shards. This allows for the explanantion of deja vu,dreams,prophecies etc. You are looking in on another shard. Like the eye in lord of the rings, you're shifting your focus. It feels like it's happened before because it has happened before! Destiny and fate can also be explained with this theory.

As far as shifting goes, I imagine it could be possible, but theres really no reason to do it. The whole reason you're ina shard is to experience it from beginning to end. The range of human experience and emotion and decision making is why we're here. I would think shifting would kind of be like cheating, either you want to get away from something, or you want information that would upset the order.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gigatronix
The parallel reality theory is what I am into myself. I call them shards.

Ever play ultima online? Just wondering.. with that MMO, each of the servers they called a "shard", because the premise was that the world crystal was shattered, splitting the world into subsequent parts, and you could participate in any of those worlds.

Just thought I'd toss that question out hehe I am a HUGE ultima universe fan

As to the topic.. My wife, brother and I all experienced a shift at the same time... but I don't really want to go into the details. I just know what happened to us, and am still rather.. jolted.. .by the experience

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Gigatronix

haha, yeah, thats exactly it .... cheating. Why shouldn't we ?? why play by the rules, ... If Jesus turned water into wine, ... why shouldn't I ? ... why should I stop manipulating reality, .... after all, it isn't very " real" is it.

... Destiny is what I make of it.... I am becoming the god of my own universe !!!

.. haha, that last bit was a joke, ... or was it !! ... aaaahhh the power !!! ... the corrupting, abuse.... of powweerrrrrrr !!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
You change/jump dimensions every time you make a choice. The jump you describe would be a very very big jump, and I've never heard or experienced such a large jump before in my life.
I have some thoughts on this, maybe you can elaborate for me.

It seems to me that constantly shifting between realities is a bit overly complicated. Not so much the mechanics of it, but in that wouldn't it be simpler to just experience one reality at a time? Theres infinite realities where everything has happened, is happening, and will happen in every possible variation. Why change realities just to go get a beer? Why does this make more sense than just sticking in one reality until your times up?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
reply to post by Gigatronix

haha, yeah, thats exactly it .... cheating. Why shouldn't we ?? why play by the rules, ... If Jesus turned water into wine, ... why shouldn't I ? ... why should I stop manipulating reality, ....
I suspect there are valid reasons for the limitations we have. Like they say power corrupts, and look what we can do to ourselves with the feeble power we do have. manipulating reality? Jumping through dimensions? There is no reason for us to be able to do these things. They are devices of ego. We need only be concerned with our immediate reality and perception.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

Nope never played ultima, but I do play MMO's hehe.

In a way MMO's are an interesting frame of referance though.
In World of Warcraft you have servers, people choose one and advance their avatar as far as that"reality" allows. When you reach the "end" you probably start a new character or go to a different server or play a different game. Generally youd stay on one server and see the same people throughout your "lifetime".

In Guild Wars, there are no servers, the world is fragmented, and when you go to a place you want to experience, peopel that wnat to experience it also are loaded into your "shard" You never have to worry about not having people there because it draws people froma global pool, your not limited by who is on your server. If too many people come in, it just makes a new shard to put the over flow in.

I dunno just thought that was interesting, I'm completely stream of consciousnessing it here LOL

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Very interesting thread. I found this site via a Google search for "Dimension Jumping". I did the search on a whim because I've recently been reading about the use of "visualization techniques", coupled with positive thinking and repetition, to achieve meaningful change in one's life. I've also heard from a number people over the years about techniques such as, Norman Vincent Peale's "The Power of Positive Thinking" and of course, "self-fulfilling prophecies" etc.

The key to the techniques seem to center around the necessity for one to "believe" that what you want to change, *can actually happen*. Ultimately how much time it takes seems to depends on how long it takes for you to fully "buy in" to the belief. [This would also appear to correlate with "Faith Based" practices as well. Prayer, etc.]

Recently I began to consider, from a scientific perspective, how such processes could actually work. One possible conclusion I've reached revolves around Quantum Physics and the "M Theory".

Now I don't profess to be an expert on any of these subjects however, what I have heard does correlate with what Badmedia said about how we switch/jump from one reality or universe to another every time we have a thought. In essence we are *constantly* making small, imperceptible jumps *all the time*.

Apparently there are an infinite number of parallel universes co-existing side by side like railroad tracks, grooves on a record or pages in a book. Each one is a slight variation from the next. i.e. in one reality you decided to turn left at an intersection and in another you turned right. Every possibility being played out simultaneously.

It would stand to reason that the more signifcant the desired change, the more "tracks" we would have to jump before we reached the reality with the desired outcome. Very big shifts, like the ones discussed here, would be like leapfrogging many tracks or realities at once.

If we are constantly changing directions and realities, all the time, in small steps, through simple acts of will, with next to no effort, then a significant "jump" or change would require a significant effort of *extraordinary will* that may only be attainable through *extraordinary circumstances*?

This is all of course just a theory however, if for the sake of argument, under extraordinary circumstances such "jumps" can and do occur [Almost by accident] then the *BIG* question is: is there a technique that can be *learned*? And if so, can it be used at will? And if so, how significant of a jump is possible? Is the only thing holding us back our ability to "believe" or lack there of? Is this some thing that can be perfected and taught to those who are willing? Would it be in violation of any "universal rules" or is it simply up to us to either chose or not chose to take such actions?

Some ancient civilizations claim to have had similar abilities to alter reality. Is it possible they really did and this how they achieved it; through some long lost art or ability that all humans possess?

I too have had some bizarre experiences however, my post is already long enough. I'll share some details next time after I've heard some more of your thoughts.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Doc_V]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Here's a little something I came across just to lighten the conversation for a moment. I found it rather poignant and amusing.

I Don't Define Myself By My Ability To Travel Between Dimensions

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc_V

Yeah, ... I've always thought that certain ability's are only possible if we believe they are, ..... It happend that way with out of body experiences, ... practiced and practiced for months, nothing, ..... then one day everything clicked, .... but as I was experiencing it, ... I had the distinct feeling that it happened only because I had chosen it to.

.. as far as the article, .. pretty good, ... I thought it was written by a serious person at first...... a crazy, serious person. But hey, who am I to call anyone crazy ??? I'm the kind of guy who eats boiled egg's without boiling them, ... and uses conditioner before shampoo, ... nuckin futs !~

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
reply to post by Doc_V

... as far as the article, .. pretty good, ... I thought it was written by a serious person at first......

Yeah, I enjoy The Onion. [The site that article came from] Considering how crazy the so called, "real news" has become, I find it refreshing to get a good laugh now and then and enjoy some good creative writing. They've even got their own video news cast on line. What's amazing is the production quality is on par with any cable news network; which makes it all the more believable. ...Good stuff.

...but I digress.

As far as the OP is concerned, while not exactly the same thing, I do recall [not too long ago] a very real feeling dream where I unintentionally shot and killed someone I loved very much.

Not only did I manage to kill them, but when others had momentarily left the room to go for help, the deceased sat up, looked at me and said everything would be OK and then laid back down. A great feeling of relief came over me as I was now convinced they were only sleeping.

When the other person returned to the room, I tried to explain the person on the floor was only sleeping. Strangely the other person gazed at me with a look of shock, dismay and disbelief, and exclaimed, "then why are you covered in their blood?"!

The odd part was, I recall seeing only a small pinhole with the littlest amount of blood on the body and none on me. I then began trying vigorously to wake the lifeless body. At that moment I realized not only had I killed them, but that I had also lost my mind because I could not see the blood covering either of us.

In that instant I remember thinking to myself with great horror, that my life as I knew it was over. It was a very bizarre, uneasy, and very real feeling. I screamed out, "GOD NO!" All I could think of, at that moment, was I did not want to be there. Suddenly, I awoke in my bed to great relief.

It was the oddest of feelings that stuck with me throughout the morning. It was so powerful, that I even felt compelled to share the dream with someone else that morning.

Now following the hypotheses of multiple realities and dimensions, I've occasionally pondered whether or not dreams may be a way of "tuning" into and witnessing another reality like watching a movie or tuning into a channel on TV. If that were indeed the case, then perhaps what I experienced was real in another reality and I too jumped to another dimension as a result?

I must admit it gives me a bit of an uneasy feeling to consider this, which begs the question, if it is indeed possible to "jump dimensions" under such circumstances, do we truly get a reset or do we carry the "sins" of our past actions with us?

...For now, I'm just going to stick with the whole, "it was a dream" thing.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Doc_V]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc_V

I like to tell myself that too ... " it was aaallll just a dream " . However some of them are hard to shake, ... and like you said, the feeling stays with you for hours. As if that was the reality, .... .

That was a creepy one you had there buddy. murder and insanity ?? .. it begs the question, .... How would you know if you really were insane ?? are your friends just imaginary like in " a beautiful mind" . I think its important to ask these kinds of questions in life.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I wish I could jump dimensions right about now, .... but next time I wont be overly concerned of just escaping my present circumstances, .... but instead try to focus on which reality I'm going to be landing in.

Maybe one of my doppelgangers is out there somewhere on a beach, with Anne Hathaway, ...... yyeeeaaah, that'll be the stuff.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Thats funny cause I just watched the movie jumper and then I saw this? Have you seen that movie? Maybe that can explain. Anyways just wondering if you had checked to see if there are any escape charges.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
My thoughts.

My theory is that we can "look in" on another sub-dimension (sub-d) of this life or as an observer of a past life. In your dream, Doc_V, my theory is that the dead person was a person that you know in this lifetime and killed in a previous lifetime. I believe the explaination as to why the "dead guy" sat-up and winked at you plus why you did not see the blood was your "spirit" was sensing your "fear", so it started to bring you back. You, intellectually, were still curious and wanted to try to understand what was happening. So you saw some "things" ( the original scene) there in the previous life and other "things" (guy sitting up) coming back - people returning to room (previous life) & (no blood) coming back.

I've experience sub-d's of my life two times and past lifes 3 times. There are a couple times I'm not sure what was happening. Makes life interesting!!

It is.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The dream in the op reminded me of an experiment I thought of but have not done because I am usually not lucid or aware that I am lucid while dreaming.

If you stay in a dream longer than normally, do you wake up 7-9 hours after you have fell asleep or does it depend on how long you dream?

If your body feels a spinning sensation, you have very high chances of not waking from a dream.

Instead of spinning on your feet to induce the spinning sensation, what if one found a chair that continuously span around so that you lightly felt the spinning sensation.

I think it would be interesting to stay in the spinning chair until you have had a prolonged dream then see what happens.

You could find out if you can project out of the dream while on the spinning chair.

You could find out if anything weird begins to happen.
For example, suddenly you realize everything feels so real, even pain. You get off the chair and you are in another reality...

But finally, after you are ready to return after a prolonged dream, you hop off and wake up and see how long you have slept.

Edit:
I tried using an audio recording playing on headphones suggesting I do these things, as well as bringing a computer for exploring.

I woke up regularly with no recall as usual.

Oddly though, (afterwards) I also had a dream a night or so ago similar to op's. I began remembering my dream while I was in a spherical craft floating in space with a couple others. I felt as though we were standing still so I assumed so; I later found we were going fast. I do not know the few words we said, but it was really calm. There was either a monitor acting as a window, or a window going around the top part of the craft. I noticed in my peripherals the darkness of space. Suddenly we were in the atmosphere of a planet, and there was a lot of vibration as though we were falling really fast. My heart started racing because I was still thinking we had been standing still, meaning I did not interpret the effect the technology stopping the momentum (or whatever name) and assumed a crash was going to happen. I asked them where the parachutes where, and one said panicking that we had none, and so we were gonna die. I stammered something about being certain that reincarnation was truth and we would be born again another time, but as I was speaking I was interrupted by the vibration and speed become exponentially extreme and a huge uncontrollable falling sensation and then suddenly awoke.

I again found it was odd that I gained some memories from the life I am living now only when we were close to the planet I would have arrived at if I had stayed in the dream (if we do exit our dream dimension while awake, I mean...).

[edit on 29-7-2009 by borrowedname]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I'm sorry OP. I don't care which dimension you are in right now, but I don't think drinking & driving is a good thing in any of them.

I think you should take your post and report yourself to the cops. I don't want a dangerous person like you on my streets.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OopsDidIDoDat

I think you kinda missed the whole point of the post, and I dont have the mental energy to break it down to you's, ... I thought it was pretty obvious.

Needless to say, ... no one was hurt in the making of this post.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join