It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe Someone Can Explain What Just Happened To Me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Greetings friends.

Can one become color blind? The reason I am asking is because about 5 minutes ago I went into the kitchen to get a burger. So I always eat my burgers with green chili. I'm not kidding, when I was looking at the green chili it appeared grayish to me, I even almost mistook them for grilled onions.

Then about 30 seconds later I looked at the chili again and it looked like how it was supposed to: green.

Did I just have some kind of hallucination?

What the hell happened. I can assure you I am in perfectly fine mental and physical condition.

It sorta freaked me out a bit.

edit:title

[edit on 7/16/2009 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
One theory I came up with is this happened because I was looking at the computer screen with no other light on in the room, and then I went into the kitchen which was lit up with normal "yellow" light

Perhaps that had something to do with it?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The eyes use cones and rods to sense black and white in low light conditions versus color in normal light.

The difference between a bright screen and a poorly lit kitchen might have done it.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Hey thanks for replying man.

I figured it was something like that. that's the first time that has ever happened to me so I was a bit concerned.

And i had just went to the eye doctor for an eye exam about a week back so I know my eyes are in perfect health.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Kinda makes you think: if color is simply light waves interpreted by our brain, and there really is no such thing as "color" in reality, how do we know if we can trust our fallible sense?

We know there are light waves and sound waves that we cannot detect, so we have a very limited experience of "reality."

If our senses can be fooled so easily, it really makes you wonder what the totality of reality is really like.

LOl I know this is a bit deep and off topic, but it brought up some interesting thoughts in my mind.

[edit on 7/16/2009 by thehumbleone]

top topics

join