It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO ??? Change in direction! I just love that stuff !!!Please explain! I Am All Ears!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

I agree that the curving path is the result of the object moving across the sky. When the Sun rises it moves up, when it sets it moves down, in between it moves "sideways" at an ever changing angle. The narrow field of view of this video exaggerates the effect because we can see so few stars at one time.

The ISS takes about 6 minutes to travel a full 180ยบ path across the sky so there is nothing unusual about the speed of this satellite. But if the stated time is correct this is not the ISS.

Phage has completely covered my questions about the path of the object.
I do not see any reason to not go along his lines. The explanation is simple it confirms audas and Staringintoinfinity and comes from a respected person with established knowledge in the night sky. I am not discrediting audas and Staringintoinfinity in any way but Phages post was the one to affirm their views that i now have come to accept.

Being a skeptic (one with a lot of questions indeed) i guess this thread will come to honour the non believers point of view. This is not a loss to believers but a narrowing closer to truth dissmising some normal phenomena from their suspect list!

PEACE and Regards to All!

GTG

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Wether it's the ISS or not, there are similar things out there every night, that people spot stopping and changing direction in an obviuous way.

Keep your eyes towards the stars.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I find this particular footage interesting. I would love to know the following things. First , was this video shot in Night Vision mode or anything similar ? Second, what kind of camera , and zoom settings were used? Third was a tripod involved with this ? I assume so from the precise turning and manouvring of the camera during the filming process .
The reason I ask is because the very fact that the stars are visible, means that the equipment used must be of a fairly high standard/spec. My silly little samsung thing cant see stars even on the clearest possible night so I thought I would ask so that I can make better purchasing choices later on .

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Yes I would also like to know how to flm stars, so I can record anything strange.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I have to say on a couple of occasions while out on the boat fishing with my father a few years back that I did see objects make more than lateral moves across the night sky. One time I was laying on the bow seats staring at all the stars. which I did often cause my parents summer house was in the country and had very little light pollution. As I was staring upwards I saw something moving. I told my dad and friend who were at the back of the boat. My dad said " it's just a sattelite" I was like "I don't think so" he was like "maybe just a plane" I said "travelling to fast" (i did witness other planes going by at high altitudes and nothing was close to maneuvering like this. My dad and his friends dismissed it out of hand. A few moments later as I was watching it move high above us my dad asked me if I still saw it. I said "yes" he said we still think it is a sattelite " I said "do satellites make u-turns? cause it just made about three of them"

They got quiet after that...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join