It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suffer Not a Witch to Live!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I was looking up some information online to find anything about Jesus and practicing Magick. Then I ran across an article that was quite disconcerting on this website.

www.landoverbaptist.org...

Here is a snippet.

It's been 20 years since we legally executed a witch on this campus, but our lawyers are working very hard with the Federal Government to ensure that we can continue to practice our religion the way the Bible tells us to. Exodus 22:18 says, "Suffer not a witch to live." Deuteronomy 18:10 says, "There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch." God is very clear here, folks, he doesn't want witches (or as they call themselves today, 'Wiccans') to live. We are supposed to be killing witches! If we don't, we are disobeying God. Jesus would weep tears of joy if He leaned down off His cloud and sniffed up the burning flesh of a witch this Halloween. Wouldn't that ruin Satan's little birthday party! Praise God! It's just a shame that the United States Government has placed restrictions on the Biblically-mandated practice of witch burning. Now we have to waste taxpayers money to have old Mrs. Delaney sit out in our jail for practicing witchcraft. She had poor little Christian girls coming into her house to get cured of their colds! Did you know how she did it? She was putting toads in their mouths and transferring the sickness into those vile creatures! After the toads crawled out from between the sweet lips of those precious children of God, their little frog snouts would be sneezing so loud it would wake a demon! It's witchcraft! And it happened right here under our noses, at the last real Christian church in America! That cackling old whore would even make it rain every time she gave her cat a bath! That devil's harlot has no business breathing the same Christian air we breathe, yet we have to keep her alive in our own jail until the "so-called" Federal Government allows us to burn her at the stake. You wouldn't believe the paperwork required to make something like that happen today. But it will happen. People in America are getting serious about God again. They are starting to read the Bible again, and starting to come around.

I was really taken aback from these statements! These people are serious about this. I would have thought the burning times were over, but I guess not.

These religious nuts are conspiring to bring back the burning times.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Boy oh boy are Christians a weird bunch. I just don't get it one little bit, why is it that the Christian religion think they need to follow certain rules in the OT (but not all) and yet ignore most of Jesus's teachings. For instance "Judge not lest ye be judged". Jesus was out to destroy this sort of ignorant nonsense, he was out to eliminate the need for all the rules, rituals, and the middle man theory (theory that states you need a priest or congregation to commune with or contact God)...

The most frightening part is that this book claims Wiccans are witches, this is only partially true. Witchcraft in the sense that these ignorant folks think of is actually Satanic, when true Wiccanism has nothing to do with Satan. I just don't get it, but it certainly is disconcerting and chilling that something like this is still going on...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The landover website is fake. It's actually a site to make fun of christians.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

Really?

That's a relief

Still I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere on this Earth this sort of ignorance was still thriving. In fact I guarantee it is, my own Father still believes that rock music carried satanic messages and that certain mental diseases are caused by demons

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
The landover website is fake. It's actually a site to make fun of christians.

I didn't know that was still around. I had it pop into my head recently and was going to check it out but then forgot.

The first thing I found there I was asking myself if it was for real or not for a couple second (I think it had to do with a recipe for spotted owl). What does that say about the thing itself when the satire of it is almost identical?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Hah, yeah indeed, Landover comes pretty close to real life in some of the extremes they have said.

But yeah, it's all faked. No worries

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina
But yeah, it's all faked. No worries

I just took a second look at the site. I had only read the article and having dealt with some weird Baptists before I thought it was real. I see now its satire.

Thank God!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
It's actually "suffer not a poisoner to live", an old mis-translation has been the root cause of many religulous nuts drowning, crushing, hanging, and burning unpopular people in their communities in the bad old days.
While hanged,burned,drowned,crushed, and crucified witches never seemed to have the spellkraft to turn thier tormentors into toads.
Any witch worth her education would know how to cast a pall, which killed, confused, blinded, and/or drove attackers mad.
Cotton Mather never met a real witch.
"It's just a sprinkling for the May Queen".

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Go to that website and click the email link. They have it rigged so no one can even complain about the horrible things they do.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

It's a parody sit. mate.

As for "Christians being that nutty."
Please don't lump us all in with those nutters.
I don't lump in the "Wicca" that talk about their sisters being burned with their spellbooks in Salem with the rest of Wicca.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
There were no burnings in Salem.
Trail by water=drownings.
Trail by weight=Suffocation and crushing.
No burnings.
Not one.

top topics

join