It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Has Happened To ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
If it helps, I've come and gone from these boards three times since 2004 (soothsayer, soothsayer2, The Soothsayer). I can name specific people, threads, and overall reasons to my turning away... but I can also list the numerous times in which I just grew bored with it all.

I've always come back after a couple months... and know what? The trouble makers were gone, threads were ignored (ie, not posted on anymore). And then things go full cycle again and again.

And as much as things change (there's A LOT of new things on here compared to years ago), yes, the more they stay the same.

You'll always have your bashers, your flamers, those who insult or cry out at every chance. There will always be repeat threads. The stuff that is happening now has always happened, and probably always will.

ATS, as a general rule, is dysfunctional just because of the topics we discuss (or try to). We will have heated / passionate debates and posts, with just as many one-liner "this post has been deleted to profanity". Like it or not, ATS acts as a big dysfunctional family... all we can do is try to guide those who are belligerent, aid those when our experiences would be helpful.

Members come and go... but ATS will hopefully always be here.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
What in the world has happened to ATS?

Not too long ago you could post a topic which would promote an intelligent discussion.

It seems now if you post something, you're viciously attacked because of your beliefs, and your thread is filled with trash talk instead of intelligent debate.

I used to love reading and participating in discussions on ATS...........it's just filled with idiots now.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join