It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now... Why would someone do that?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
They are strange but due to the hilly looking landscape i dont think the two original pics are on the ground as they are too straight for such an undulating landscape - assuming that it is due to the gorge/valley type features.

the other pictures are intresting though.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Yep! Its there some time now...
Thats why i would expect someone to give me a plausible answer.
But no one comming in to do that... so its making my brain spin too

[edit on 17/7/2009 by GEORGETHEGREEK]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I still am not able to make something logical out of it with my experience of things. Dear ATSers please give a hand of insight

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

well, just guessing here...not doing any remote viewing or anything, mind you
...I think they are constructing something; probably a railway, a real ambitious railway. They have to fly in crew and/or materials, hence, the landing strips

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Dear GEORGETHEGREEK

Ok I have no idea what it is but I don’t think it is good for us.

What I can say is I am sure that the alphabet soup of the US intelligence know what it is and guess what they are not telling us.

So that is telling us something.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Dear GEORGETHEGREEK

Just think about how many Chinese must know what it is or at least have a good idea then come back and tell me how a secret can’t be kept. For sure this is a truly massive undertaking so something and it’s not for fun.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

So...... any Chinise people around?
Propably not... China was amongst the first to filter the web...we' re comming up next as off the latest whispers...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Curious indeed, no idea what the purpose of the Maze is, perhaps archaeological digs ? Maybe looking for mineral deposits ?

Did you find it yourself or from www.gearthhacks.com...(Gansu,China).htm ?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GEORGETHEGREEK
reply to post by JScytale

Training pilots in Thibet huh...?

Not Tibet, this is in the Chinese province of Gansu, right next to the border of Xinjiang, an autonomous region of China that has been in the news lately because of fatal clashes there between the government and the local Uighurs.

Considering the location and the military looks of the place, I'd say that it's got something to do with China's worries about Xinjiang. Perhaps that will be one of the busiest places if something bigger happens in Xinjiang.

Its sad to see all the violence and repression in a nation that has ancient traditions in spiritual practice and profound philosophies based on non-violence and harmony of the universe.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
OP, since you are plastering your find in the Aliens/UFO forum, you obviously think it is related to that subject somehow, yet neglect to say why in your opening post, only to say you think it is "something fishy". I would have already read the rest of the thread had you maybe posted a little bit more of your opinion about it other than it being "fishy." to you.

So, the internet thinks it is a portal or alien/human base. Sad, but untrue. I can see some basic things nearby, water retention, things that may indicate a camp of some sort.

But, I have a hard time taking the least likely explanation and advancing it first, as we all should. That is the part of being a responsible skeptic that will save this subject.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Follow the valley due East of it and theres a new site just like the old "maze" complex, whatever this is its being built intentionally. Its pure white almost made of some salt-like process and doesnt even flex as it goes across Mountain escarpments.
Befre this theres also a Electricity sub-station and what looks like a armoured vehicle stop-area. Not to mention various bunkers dotted around and iron-ore like waste being dumped in a single huge mound.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
So far as the 'Maze' is concerned, I wonder if they used it for testing their early photo-recon sats, or perhaps for testing means to conceal activity. I realize that their photosatrecon would be behind the West, but they would have to go through the learning process. Just a thought or two...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

No offense 'IgnoreTheFacts' but i think you need to take a chill pill!

Good find, very interesting indeed..something is definitely going on out there for sure.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

On the original find 40°27'28.52"N 93°23'38.85"E for sure surrounding it is an underground base that is similar to what we think is at area 51 in Nevada.

I can see 4 entrances to either 4 separate facilities on indeed 4 entrances to 1 underground facility.

The maze to the far east looks as though it has been painted with white wash or something similar. The original looks far more weird. With a sort of growth over part of the surface.

The far east feature looks as though it is designed to be seen from the air.

That is about as far as I have got with my thinking so far.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Has anyone considered that the "maze" could actually be a message to those looking down upon it ?

Think of it like crop circles (if we took the stance ET makes them), they are sending messages. Why is not possible that we (or the Chinese in this case) could be sending a message back, and to me it looks like a mosaic than a maze, and each space with the mosaic could be readable by ET ?

Not that I believe this but it's just an idea

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
There's another goofy jumble of lines/roads pretty much due east of the "landing strips".

Weird.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Are you sure that the lighter coloured square is an excavation? To me, it looks like it has been built into a raised plateau - just the way the edges lie give it an appearance of height rather than depth.

Just checking further - the Gansu Space Centre was originally started in 1958 - maybe this was an original site out in the desert, now abandoned? It might explain the erosion and the appearance of desert drift over the runways.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by tangotemper]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
On the original find 40°27'28.52"N 93°23'38.85"E we have hidden underground facilities get we have this brightly visible maze or what ever.

This would seam to be an outright contradiction.

Why hide one bit and advertise the rest??

For sure it is military and secret very similar to area 51.

What look like runways I do not think are as they are too wide and again why paint them so they can be seen for a very long way if they are at6 a secret facility??

The second maze for the want of a better description seams to have nothing around it so one can only assume it is all under ground.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Dear and14263

As this site is way out in the goby desert I doubt anyone gets very close. I doubt they need signs like deadly force in use to protect it.

Very much unlike us the Chinese will do as they are told.

Also you can see area 51 on Google earth no problem you just can’t see anything going on. One thing about 51 is why are there two seemingly hidden air strips to the north in the desert area?? Any ideas??

With the Chinese one thought the lack of roads or infer structure are as weird as the site it’s self. Nothing seams to connect anything with anything. All under ground.

Also what is that stuff that seams to be growing across what ever it is???

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
It's the 'maze' that has me the most confused. If it were just the 'strips', I'd write it off to weapons testing or something of the like. It is in China, afterall. But I can't for the life of me understand what use the 'maze' would be for anything. Whatever they are, the 'maze' and 'strip' 1 have been there awhile. Both show signs of significant errosion.

That's what I read from huffpost. It's actually errosion pattern. For desertification research I guess.

This pattern from this thread

Yeah, I guess it's possible.

This one.

I'm not sure.
edit on Tue 15 Nov 11 by Jazzyguy because: addition

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join